Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Stop banning us for quitting out!

OP iCoLLiZioN v2

Aside from Halo 5 being complete overall garbage, (which I only play it because I am a life long halo player) you guys have put in a ban for anyone who quits out or even loses connection. Last year I had to wait 3 fu***** DAYS!!! To play. And recently I have quit a few games back to back because I refuse to sit through an entire game of me getting wrecked by smurf account champions in doubles. I should have the option to quit as I please. I paid 60 damn dollars for this piece of -Yoink- game and I get banned for quitting out?!?!?! You guys are absolutely pathetic. And hell yea! I'm salty af! Just recently I played a game of doubles and got matched up against a champion boosting with a platinum and I decided to quit out because I don't want to sit in a game that I'm losing badly to... and guess what? I'm banned for 3 damn hours! Fix this crap man. It's -Yoink- that you're making players suffer because they quit out.... give me a damn break. God I hope you idiots don't -Yoink- up halo 6.

Sincerely yours,
disappointed halo player
3 hours is a lot. You must quit out of games quite a bit. My advice would be to wait for someone else to quit first and then you won't get banned anymore in ranked games.
You don't even have any games under your history, which means you're probably using an alternate account on here.

It doesn't matter if you're getting 'destroyed by a champion smurfing' (which I highly doubt, you probably just got your -Yoink- handed to you but I don't it was a smurf since I can't check your game history for validation), you don't quit the match.

The only only time one should quit is when life gets in the way. Children, emergencies, that kind of stuff is okay to warrant quitting the match because it's something important.

You getting 'unfair' games in Doubles doesn't warrant crap. You loosing? Well you either wait it out for the game to end or you wait for your teammate to quit so that you can use the soft forfeit and quit without penalty. And if you're being banned for three hours, then you're quitting a lot and if you really think you're still in the right after that, then maybe you should just stop playing Halo 5 until you learn to control your temper.

Also, all questions and complaints relating to bans are to be addressed here, this thread will likely be locked soon.
Wait, you're upset about losing, so you think you can quit? That's not how life works lol
Players need to be penalized for quitting Matchmaking, but banning them is wrong. Nobody really wants to play Halo 5 on their own free time, and banning players for getting frustrated at a game that needs all the playtime and positive outlook it can get, wrong. Halo 3 had a perfect system for punishing rage quitters.

As for smurf champions, blame 343. They made the numerical ranking system absolutely pointless, so players don't even care about playing on their main accounts. As for the competitive ranking system, it's pretty shabby. Those that play the most get higher ranks, but you it's much faster to just play on a smurf and try to get ranked higher than it is to go from platinum 3 and try to get Onyx.
BxRAD R wrote:
Wait, you're upset about losing, so you think you can quit? That's not how life works lol
You're right, that isn't how life works, but this isn't life, it's an online video game. Now I agree there should be a pushinshment for quitting out, much like the older Halos had, a set time ban, maybe an hour instead of 10 minutes, but anything over an hour will just deter players from coming back, it's a poor game decision that impacts the business end in a very negative way. I'd be more than willing to wait an hour were I to get banned from MM for quitting out, but getting perma-banned (from what I've heard, it's possible) that's taking it way too far.
BxRAD R wrote:
You're right, that isn't how life works, but this isn't life, it's an online video game. Now I agree there should be a pushinshment for quitting out, much like the older Halos had, a set time ban, maybe an hour instead of 10 minutes, but anything over an hour will just deter players from coming back, it's a poor game decision that impacts the business end in a very negative way. I'd be more than willing to wait an hour were I to get banned from MM for quitting out, but getting perma-banned (from what I've heard, it's possible) that's taking it way too far.
It's a good thing that no ban starts at 3 hours, even in Halo 5.

Even being banned for a few hours means you were quitting too much, was banned for like an hour max, waited that hour, and continue to quit which gets you banned in the first place.

It's like putting your hand on a stove and finding out it's hot, and then the next day you put your other hand on it.

The fact that OP said he was banned for three days says something.
I think the ban is a good thing, I usually do ok but many times I get slaughtered. Which I don't mind, ok it does piss you off sometimes but just laugh it out and learn from it. I have never left a match, yeah my connection has cut out a couple of times but I think you let the whole team down when you quit so it should be punishable. And I would also like to add halo 5 in my eyes is awesome 😎
This looks more like a rant in a immature approach. Nothing more mentioning from here on there.

Aside from Halo 5 being complete overall garbage, (which I only play it because I am a life long halo player) you guys have put in a ban for anyone who quits out or even loses connection. Last year I had to wait 3 fu***** DAYS!!!
I wonder what makes you this game is overall "garbage"?

Banned for 3 days? Looks like you've been quiting a lot of times back then.
I think the ban is a good thing, I usually do ok but many times I get slaughtered. Which I don't mind, ok it does piss you off sometimes but just laugh it out and learn from it. I have never left a match, yeah my connection has cut out a couple of times but I think you let the whole team down when you quit so it should be punishable. And I would also like to add halo 5 in my eyes is awesome 😎
Exactly everyone only care about there experience so they decide to ruin someone else's experience by being a child that parents always let them win and they can't deal with losing.
BxRAD R wrote:
It's a good thing that no ban starts at 3 hours, even in Halo 5.

Even being banned for a few hours means you were quitting too much, was banned for like an hour max, waited that hour, and continue to quit which gets you banned in the first place.

It's like putting your hand on a stove and finding out it's hot, and then the next day you put your other hand on it.

The fact that OP said he was banned for three days says something.
Still there are 3 things that are qualified to quit in ANY video game:

1) Where you are outnumbered with no hope of survival or even fighting back.

2) When the games terrible MM sytem puts you in a match with a full enemy team (party up) that is intent on spawn trapping

3) When the game is so laggy you can't even damage people with your weapons (this DOES happen in Halo 5, frequently too)

I feel again there's no justification for banning people longer than an hour, none of the previous Halos did that and quitting was NOT as bad in any previous Halo as it is in Halo 5, why? Because the game is either having a mental breakdown and teleporting everyone everywhere simultaneously, or it just puts you in a flat out unfair match. Some people don't like to "stick it out" when they can't even get a kill because the game is malfunctioning or because the enemy team isn't even giving them a fair chance. And now ban system EVER should ban a player for 3 days, that just says "Yeah, the community doesn't really matter to us anymore, why keep the loyal old fans when you can bring in the dumb new fans who praise us for everything." BTW that quote is speaking in general from my many experiences, it's an example not meant to single anyone out.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
Exactly everyone only care about there experience so they decide to ruin someone else's experience by being a child that parents always let them win and they can't deal with losing.
There's a difference between being a child and not putting up with someone else's BS, I tend to see more often than not quiters in Halo 5 quit because of unfair circumstances or just not having fun, there's multiple ways to play Halo and if you're having a bad day on Halo where you're just getting pasted left and right, it's good to quit out, and honestly before Halo 5 came out I've never once heard ANYONE complain that quitting "ruins the game for other players" if anything I mostly heard players that enjoyed having people quit out, it gives the enemies less targets, and gives the lower team better chances for surprise attacks, not that that works on Halo 5.
This looks more like a rant in a immature approach. Nothing more mentioning from here on there.

Aside from Halo 5 being complete overall garbage, (which I only play it because I am a life long halo player) you guys have put in a ban for anyone who quits out or even loses connection. Last year I had to wait 3 fu***** DAYS!!!
I wonder what makes you this game is overall "garbage"?

Banned for 3 days? Looks like you've been quiting a lot of times back then.
To be fair, Halo 5 is a glitched out mess of a game, I wouldn't call it garbage, but neither would I call it the "best in the series".
People quitting games has become a real problem within recent years and people should be penalized for it plain and simple. The more you quit the bigger the penalty. Even if you are getting your -Yoink- spanked, you should ride it through because why do other people on your team need to suffer just because someone gets all fussy and becomes a big baby.

The odd game is fine lets say it's a 1v4 and the other team has all power weapons and camps like a bunch of scrubs, or obviously life gets in the way, then obviously it's justified. But if you're continuously quitting, especially to get three days worth, then what do you expect.
I love this. It happens a lot that guys quit in NHL or FIFA when I play them and destroy them. I never get it. When I get manhandled in NHL (I also lost games like 10-1) I play and try to learn. Quitting because you lose is horrible. Especially in Halo matches which last a max of 12 minutes.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
There's a difference between being a child and not putting up with someone else's BS, I tend to see more often than not quiters in Halo 5 quit because of unfair circumstances or just not having fun, there's multiple ways to play Halo and if you're having a bad day on Halo where you're just getting pasted left and right, it's good to quit out, and honestly before Halo 5 came out I've never once heard ANYONE complain that quitting "ruins the game for other players" if anything I mostly heard players that enjoyed having people quit out, it gives the enemies less targets, and gives the lower team better chances for surprise attacks, not that that works on Halo 5.
Doesn't quitting out and giving your team an advantage, by giving the enemies less targets etc, ruin the game for the enemy team?
First, there is a code of conduct, and there are consequences for breaking the rules. Quite simple. Deal with it.
Second, online multiplayer games are much like any other game or sport that is based on competing against/working with other players, there are rules that are fundamental to the spirit of competition.
One that really shouldn't need to be explained is "YOU DON'T ABANDON A MATCH JUST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T WINNING"
Quitting is childish, selfish, and disrespectful.

In my opinion, the Banhammer isn't severe enough- every second or third match someone will quit because they aren't having a good game.
I've said before, every time someone quits should be an instant ban for the length of the match timer ( 12 mins for most playlists ), a negative K/D recorded to their profile, and a strike against their profile.
Punishment escalates with each match quit within a given period. Earning enough strikes and you are banished to be matched only with other habitual quitters.

Either learn not to quit, or leave and play something else.
All ban related queries go in the ban thread linked below. The rules were set forth and publicized prior to the release of the game. You cannot expect to break them without consequence, nor should they be changed so that people who routinely quit games are allowed to ruin the experiences of others. They've already changed the system for Arena to allow the second-fourth person to quit without fear of a ban.