Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Stop expecting things that were never confirmed.

OP omarlotrc

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
This community has a terrible habit of expecting things that were never confirmed, and it's a bit of a problem. 343i never said a thing about the Falcon, yet everyone is acting like 343i severely disappointed us. Yeah, I would've loved to have a Falcon, but diddums. Oh well.

I'm not saying that you should swallow this update and be forced to appreciate it, but do not build up expectations that will leave you as disappointed as you are right now. Don't overhype stuff. The only thing 343i promised was Infection, and we're getting it. Instead of focusing on the one thing that was never promised to us, talk about the dozen other features they are adding to the game (weapon balancing, AI balancing, Infection, post-game medals, etc.). Also, weren't we begging for the Plasma Rifle to come back? Isn't the Wheelman armor mod the solution to the vehicle efficiency problem? When you think about it, the pros heavily outweigh the con(s?) of this update.

EDIT 1: Also just as a quick reminder, it's not called "Memories of Halo: Reach", it's called "Memories of Reach", as in the planet; just like "Ghosts of Meridian".
You sir, are a genious.
*starts slow clap*
omarlotrc wrote:
This community has a terrible habit of expecting things that were never confirmed, and it's a bit of a problem. 343i never said a thing about the Falcon, yet everyone is acting like 343i severely disappointed us. Yeah, I would've loved to have a Falcon, but diddums. Oh well.

I'm not saying that you should swallow this update and be forced to appreciate it, but do not build up expectations that will leave you as disappointed as you are right now. Don't overhype stuff. The only thing 343i promised was Infection, and we're getting it. Instead of focusing on the one thing that was never promised to us, talk about the dozen other features they are adding to the game (weapon balancing, AI balancing, Infection, post-game medals, etc.). Also, weren't we begging for the Plasma Rifle to come back? Isn't the Wheelman armor mod the solution to the vehicle efficiency problem? When you think about it, the pros heavily outweigh the con(s?) of this update.
The problem is, people wanted to fit all reach stuff in halo 5. It's halo 5, not halo: reach. Plus, even if 343 added the falcon, there would be countless post about "excessive rarity", "too slow/fast", "too strong/weak", "nerf it/buff/it". For me, a falcon is nothing but a target screaming "splaser me".
omarlotrc wrote:

Can't forget matchmaking preferences and increased movement speed while crouching either. Also the ability to change the vertical and horizontal sens. This update is huge and definitely worth the wait.

Only thing I am really hoping for is the matchmaking preferences to mediate the immense amount of latency issues I have been having. Oh and messing around with the vertical and horizontal sens settings.
omarlotrc wrote:

Can't forget matchmaking preferences and increased movement speed while crouching either. Also the ability to change the vertical and horizontal sens. This update is huge and definitely worth the wait.

Only thing I am really hoping for is the matchmaking preferences to mediate the immense amount of latency issues I have been having. Oh and messing around with the vertical and horizontal sens settings.
It's perfect timing for me actually because I'm headed back to Egypt for the summer, and connection isn't so great in the Middle East. The preferences should help me find matches with better connection. Sure I'll wait longer to find a match, but at least I'll enjoy myself!
But.. the falcon sucked anyway
Im glad it's not the falcon, id have preferred a Hornet or Revenant if anything.
People forget, this is Halo 5 not Halo Reach.
The update is "memories" of reach, which comes in the Infection game mode (which is the updates main selling point) the armours and skins.

Also, no we didnt need a spire remake for Warzone (which would be horrible unbalanced with the spire base) I'm tired of remakes from old games.

The best thing about this update is the post match medals and tools of destruction and MM preferences
It was said in a cannon fodder post that there will be a UNSC air vehicle in game at some point. Meaning most likely the Falcon or Hornet. This is the reach update, the falcon was a reach vehicle. On top of it being behind an ONI card it's not to ridiculous to think that we'd receive the Falcon this update. As well I'm sure anyone can tell that the request for a UNSC air vehicle has heavily outweighed the request for another Phaeton variant. But I think where the real outrage is coming from is due to the fact this is the Reach update, had they released this any other update I'm sure people wouldn't be anywhere as angry.
They said that there will be a UNSC vehicle in A Halo game. Not necessarily Halo 5.
Quote:
JKS7117: Will UNSC Air Vehicles ever return to Halo Multiplayer?
A: Yes.
here
They said that there will be a UNSC vehicle in A Halo game. Not necessarily Halo 5.
Quote:
here
I'm happy someone else realised this.

I'm not denying a UNSC air vehicle will return to Halo 5, but it certainly won't be a Falcon. It's just a terrible vehicle that will get annihilated by everything else in Halo 5's sandbox.
omarlotrc wrote:

a voice of reason in all of the madness
Quote:
here
thank you. It does not specify which game. Heck we KNOW halo wars 2 will have UNSC Air Vehicles, so that could have been the reference.
omarlotrc wrote:

and thats without mentioning all the new forge features.
It was said in a cannon fodder post that there will be a UNSC air vehicle in game at some point. Meaning most likely the Falcon or Hornet. This is the reach update, the falcon was a reach vehicle. On top of it being behind an ONI card it's not to ridiculous to think that we'd receive the Falcon this update. As well I'm sure anyone can tell that the request for a UNSC air vehicle has heavily outweighed the request for another Phaeton variant. But I think where the real outrage is coming from is due to the fact this is the Reach update, had they released this any other update I'm sure people wouldn't be anywhere as angry.
the Reach update has 11 reach themed additions, the Meridian update had 1 meridian themed addition.

Also if they are planning to add a UNSC air vehicle at some point and its the Hornet or something new it would have mad no sense for it to be in the MoR update specifically.
Not just the Halo community I'm afraid. Pretty much every fanbase I've ever come across has a habit of hyping new things to unrealistic standards, and then instantly labelling it "crap" when it doesn't live up to thier insanely high expectations.
RhysWX wrote:
Quote:
here
I'm happy someone else realised this.

I'm not denying a UNSC air vehicle will return to Halo 5, but it certainly won't be a Falcon. It's just a terrible vehicle that will get annihilated by everything else in Halo 5's sandbox.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's a terrible vehicle, but I do agree that it wouldn't work too well in Halo 5.
Quote:
here
^^^^^^^^ 100% this.
JOLTLORD wrote:
the Reach update has 11 reach themed additions, the Meridian update had 1 meridian themed addition.

Also if they are planning to add a UNSC air vehicle at some point and its the Hornet or something new it would have mad no sense for it to be in the MoR update specifically.
Didn't make sense to add another Phaeton either, but here we are.
I get what your saying, but why hide the phaeton under an ONI card? Its not really a big reveal, hiding it just increases hype for a letdown either way i think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10