Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Stop expecting things that were never confirmed.

OP omarlotrc

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Why would you hide a Phaeton variant behind an ONI card? They know that the community wanted a Falcon. They should've made it a clear sign that it wasn't the Falcon, rather than hide it behind an ONI card so we know it isn't a falcon. Maybe then there wouldn't as many threads complaining about it.

But, I kinda agree with OP. I'm tired of being constantly disappointed with their lackluster updates. I'm glad they are making improvments like post-game carnage, medals, AI and weapon balancing. But are these features going to keep you playing the game? Not really. Infection is really the only thing this update has to keep me entertained. Improvements are great, but you need content also to keep players playing, and a remixed map, maybe 1 gametype, and 25 weapon skins aren't enough, especially with DLC titled "Memories of Reach"
The Falcon and at least one reach map shouldn't have to be confirmed to begin with they should just be expected. It's Called Memories of Reach for a reason.

Or, at least we thought it was.
I think before worrying about a unsc flying vehicle they need to put more attention to making the phaeton more available for players to use. Add the falcon and it will be just as rare and won't be on any multiplayer maps.
omarlotrc wrote:
This community has a terrible habit of expecting things that were never confirmed, and it's a bit of a problem. 343i never said a thing about the Falcon, yet everyone is acting like 343i severely disappointed us. Yeah, I would've loved to have a Falcon, but diddums. Oh well.

I'm not saying that you should swallow this update and be forced to appreciate it, but do not build up expectations that will leave you as disappointed as you are right now. Don't overhype stuff. The only thing 343i promised was Infection, and we're getting it. Instead of focusing on the one thing that was never promised to us, talk about the dozen other features they are adding to the game (weapon balancing, AI balancing, Infection, post-game medals, etc.). Also, weren't we begging for the Plasma Rifle to come back? Isn't the Wheelman armor mod the solution to the vehicle efficiency problem? When you think about it, the pros heavily outweigh the con(s?) of this update.
Also the added controller tweaking.... for vertcal and horizontal. And hopefully server selection. I didn't specify what matchmaking preferences were.
Dude the community is treating this like the end of the world.

We were betrayed
Is this a bad dream?
343 made a catastrophic mistake
I'm quitting
You had one job, 343

I feel pretty bad for the devs. I really do.
I agree with what he says
I get what your saying, but why hide the phaeton under an ONI card? Its not really a big reveal, hiding it just increases hype for a letdown either way i think.
Yeah maybe they made a mistake by covering the pheaton under the ONI symbol but the community auto-hyped itself on no bases
Most people have forgotten that there are other amazing things in this update other than the Falcon that never was
Most people have forgotten that there are other amazing things in this update other than the Falcon that never was
Ah yes, like what? They are finally releasing skins that have been in the game for a month or longer now? Infection which will probably have very few customization options because 343 logic?

Don't call it Memories of Reach if only a small percent of items are from Reach.
Funny thing is, when people say "don't expect much, this is 343" they get called negative and toxic.

When we expect more from 343 it's apparently "overhyping".

Make up your minds.

343 did it to themselves by putting an ONI symbol over the phaeton,
Dude the community is treating this like the end of the world.

We were betrayed
Is this a bad dream?
343 made a catastrophic mistake
I'm quitting
You had one job, 343

I feel pretty bad for the devs. I really do.
You call something memory's of reach and so far the only thing that is reach related is the armor.
It was never confirmed that Halo 5 was a good game, guess I should stop expecting it like the OP says. Or 343 being a good company that listens to fans. Not confirmed, I don't expect it.
Funny thing is, when people say "don't expect much, this is 343" they get called negative and toxic.

Make up your minds.

Yeah, pretty much.

"Don't you dare speak ill of 343 here, or it'll be 39 lashes and a week with your least favorite person in the world. Oh, and all those nasty things on the forums will be said about you."- 343 fanboys and fangirls

I agree with you, no point in having a forum if you want to shun different opinions.
well 343 shouldn't have put it behind an oni sign and just left it like Jorge's gun and not leading people to something that wasn't there in the first place its 343 fault not the community's
Finally a thread to fight back against the complainers. The update is wicked

Make up your minds.

Yeah, pretty much.

"Don't you dare speak ill of 343 here, or it'll be 39 lashes and a week with your least favorite person in the world. Oh, and all those nasty things on the forums will be said about you."- 343 fanboys and fangirls

I agree with you, no point in having a forum if you want to shun different opinions.
> "Shun different opinions"
> Mocks said others who have different opinions
An unrealistic but somewhat plausible outcome: It is the beginning of the livestream, the part that has a small machinima-like thing. A phaeton flies in on a warzone map, it flies around for a few seconds. Suddenly it explodes, and a falcon flies through its smoke and fire. At this moment, reach music begins to play as the falcon is shown flying around destroying people.
It was said in a cannon fodder post that there will be a UNSC air vehicle in game at some point. Meaning most likely the Falcon or Hornet. This is the reach update, the falcon was a reach vehicle. On top of it being behind an ONI card it's not to ridiculous to think that we'd receive the Falcon this update. As well I'm sure anyone can tell that the request for a UNSC air vehicle has heavily outweighed the request for another Phaeton variant. But I think where the real outrage is coming from is due to the fact this is the Reach update, had they released this any other update I'm sure people wouldn't be anywhere as angry.
THANK YOU. Someone who reads and understandsee things.
This update is full of awesome stuff that the community has been asking for and most importantly - matchmaking preferences will hopefully be a solution to the lag us regional players are suffering from after they removed region lock.
I judge this update based off its Card content alone (everything on that sheet), and it is a pretty shallow update. I'm not hurt by a Falcon no show, it doesn't really have a place in Warzone. Can we agree that this update could have been similar to the past better ones? I personally will totally dismiss the lame skins, also the ones I already have. Infection alone doesn't even give this update a facelift imo.

The weapon balances and sensitive changes, post carnage report are all things that could've been done a long time ago. No Reach map or inspired one, like the Spire remake for Warzone. Could've have done Revenant variants, Grenade Launchers, Focus Rifles... but whatevs.

I gotta remember this is 343, who said the Grenade Launcher never made into Halo 5 cuz it wasn't used much. Still salty about that one for years.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10