Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Stop giving me bad teams.

OP AftermaTh XCVII

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I decided to hop on again... for some reason, and play a bit of Warzone Assault, to get back into the feel of the game. 5 games in a row I've lost because my team doesn't know how to play, while the enemy team is going full on mlg... seriously, why give me the crap team? This is getting old.
I decided to hop on again... for some reason, and play a bit of Warzone Assault, to get back into the feel of the game. 5 games in a row I've lost because my team doesn't know how to play, while the enemy team is going full on mlg... seriously, why give me the crap team? This is getting old.
Bad players play with bad teams.
To be fair I've experienced what the OP is talking about, you just have to play through it mate, the teams aren't designed to be split into good and bad players, you just have to get lucky to be on the better team if there is one. Hopefully the teams will be more or less balanced in the majority of your games, but unfortunately that can't always be guaranteed
Unless you're in the party it's a 50% chance your team won't be very good. Not everyone plays 24/7. Others have real lives. I'll take a bad team over players that give up and quit when we don't get an early lead to protect their meaningless stats.
My experience is that 95% of the people who play this game could not find their own -Yoink- with a road map and a compas.
Got on Warzone earlier, a Team mate killed all the Marines, let the Enemies take the bases. All fairness, I would rather play on a shotty team that's at least trying, then have players pull that.
From my understanding Warzone really isn't balanced. I get why so many players are upset about it. What looked like a great game that should be fun isn't. Mostly cause the game isn't balanced at all. You have to hope for so many things to line up. A. Team has to be decent (notice I didn't say good just decent.) B. They need to listen and communicate (which most of the time they'd rather troll anyway, I some people's first instinct to instructions is to pretend like they're better then the person giving them.) C. The base assault (don't know how many games where I see teams split west and east armory, thereby strectching the forces.) D. Vehicles (If your losing pretty bad chances are you won't have anyone on your team calling them in. I've had games where I called in most of my stuff and we still lost cause everyone on my team refused to call in their own vehicles.) E. The Ai (The last hit crap, your team could do all the damage and all it takes is one final hit from the enemy for them to win.) I could go on but that's pretty much the major stuff. What I would like to see is more warzone maps and the teams more balanced not just everyone gets thrown in together. As it stands the only way to get a complete team is you'd need to join a fireteam. Until they increase the amount of people who can be on one team it's always gonna be the same. Halo 5 is a 50/50 balance between really good and fun and the other half being you scratch your head wondering wth they were thinking.
My experience is that 95% of the people who play this game could not find their own -Yoink- with a road map and a compas.
lol true i get ran over by teammates when they CLEARLY shouldve saw me(of course i never usually have time to get out of the way cuz the vechicles are so quiet and they boost at me with a ghost) that crap is ridiculous
I had the same complaints when I first started Halo 5. I found a bunch of players that I play with now in fireteams. Much better experience. I went from 48% win rate to almost 60% now.
Edit - Also it only works when you group up with people similar to your skill.
Got on Warzone earlier, a Team mate killed all the Marines, let the Enemies take the bases. All fairness, I would rather play on a shotty team that's at least trying, then have players pull that.
Friendly fire prevents your teammate from killing all the marines.
Now I know I'm not the best player at Halo but just take a look at my Warzone matches for the past week. Most of them I've lost and I blame players who just don't know what to do or players who just don't care. Getting bosses is important but so is getting and keeping bases. Also the whole BS of the opposing team on ARC rushing your armory really gets annoying. That map in general really isn't set up well and people take that to their advantage. The only decent Warzone map is Apex 7 in my opinion.
for 1 its warzone assault if your on offense you only win by miracles, for 2 that gamemode is just for fun, for 3 you never get good teamates, all it is is just anoying 5 year olds, people with anger management issues and people that don't talk they just go into the corner of the map and stare at their feet like caboose from red vs blue
I hate the CSR system. You could play like a champ, but have -Yoink- teammates, lose and your CSR goes down because of some other -Yoink-. I can't even make it past Gold 2 because of that.

Had it happen for both teams, 2 that knew how their guns worked and 2 that couldn't shoot someone if they were standing still in front of them. It's almost funny if it wasn't so damn annoying.

Blue Team / Red Team
1: 20/12 ---- 1: 18/10
2: 20/12 ---- Me: 17/14
3: 9/13 ------ 3: 4/18
4: 1/6 -------- 4: 4/9 and 1 suicide

Both teams had two trying to win, with two -Yoink- players expecting someone else carry them to a win. Unfortunately my team had the worse of the -Yoink- players.

As much as I hate quitters, I'd rather you quit than tally up 18 deaths and only 4 kills. At that point you're useless to the team and only bringing other people down.
Matic wrote:
Friendly fire prevents your teammate from killing all the marines.
Can splatter with ghost, a few have gotten in my way as i exit at excessive speeds through the main base. Seriously, they should have speed signd or Ped crossings or something...
straight up man. Just got done with two matches(1 attack/1 defend). Spawn killed BOTH times, I tried fighting my way out but my teammates were straightup chumps and not even trying to push the bases.
The answer is obvious.

Add people and run as a group. It's a teamwork oriented game.
From my understanding Warzone really isn't balanced. I get why so many players are upset about it. What looked like a great game that should be fun isn't. Mostly cause the game isn't balanced at all. You have to hope for so many things to line up. A. Team has to be decent (notice I didn't say good just decent.) B. They need to listen and communicate (which most of the time they'd rather troll anyway, I some people's first instinct to instructions is to pretend like they're better then the person giving them.) C. The base assault (don't know how many games where I see teams split west and east armory, thereby strectching the forces.) D. Vehicles (If your losing pretty bad chances are you won't have anyone on your team calling them in. I've had games where I called in most of my stuff and we still lost cause everyone on my team refused to call in their own vehicles.) E. The Ai (The last hit crap, your team could do all the damage and all it takes is one final hit from the enemy for them to win.) I could go on but that's pretty much the major stuff. What I would like to see is more warzone maps and the teams more balanced not just everyone gets thrown in together. As it stands the only way to get a complete team is you'd need to join a fireteam. Until they increase the amount of people who can be on one team it's always gonna be the same. Halo 5 is a 50/50 balance between really good and fun and the other half being you scratch your head wondering wth they were thinking.
A. Every gamemode in a team orientated game
B. Again its a team orientated game not a solo one
C. Its a legitimate strategy, if you are able to capture both armories you cut off the other teams spawn, there by making the third base an easy capture along with boss kills, you basically control the map and earn a quick win.
D. Split your team, some focus on boss while the rest is on enemy control (again its a team orientated game, use these strategies, even if you turn on the mic and are the one making the call outs)

Got nothing for the vehicles cause I agree that a losing team tends not to spawn their vehicles, its sucks

The game is very well balanced, whether it be weapons or map design (for the most part), the problem most people run into is that everyone is playing for themselves not as a team which in an arena game results in a loss.
coll9502 wrote:
lol true i get ran over by teammates when they CLEARLY shouldve saw me(of course i never usually have time to get out of the way cuz the vechicles are so quiet and they boost at me with a ghost) that crap is ridiculous
Ikr, once I die my entire game goes downhill. This guy ran me over and saw me, and I didn't get the choice to kick him. Then, I accdently ran over a teammate in a TANK (he wouldn't move even though he saw me) and I got kicked. WTF 343i
I really haven't played alone yet. We usually have 3 to 5 of us on at a time to play and generally do fairly well each game.There are a few times were the other team is just super awesome but for us we have been on the super awesome team a bit too. I am willing to have a few -Yoink- teams because when we do have a great team and destroy the other team, it just makes it that much more exciting and fun.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2