[Locked] Stop Halfassing it 343

OP Vash 743

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bypass the profanity filter or make non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
I was very disappointed in this game, from the horrific mislead campaign. To the 5 Map selection for arena, to the 2 Mao selection campzone. I keep trying to like the game but I shut it off after 1 multiplayer game. So disappointed
The social playlist should have its own submenu like in previous Halo games. There should be A LOT more game types over all. We haven't heard from them in a while either. I hope we do soon.
I just find it odd that Halo 4 had so much stuff packed into it (every popular Halo gametype, a solid, coherent campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge at launch) yet Halo 5 is dry as a bone. The campaign was a half-baked mess, no Infection/Grifball/KOTH/Assault/etc., no PvE mode a la Firefight or SpOps, and an overcomplicated, bug-filled Forge that wasn't even ready at launch. Three years of development time? I CAN'T TELL.
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Not just that but eden and empire are the exact same map except for one or 2 bridges. Just like how regret and truth are the exact same map except for 2 walls
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Not just that but eden and empire are the exact same map except for one or 2 bridges. Just like how regret and truth are the exact same map except for 2 walls
Except they play very differently.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Sorry man but there is just simply no excusing a game that is this barren of features
three years......they had three years and the game launched without btb forge theatre file share (still don't have a decent working one) and the list goes on and on
maybe you can defend that, but I can't

but it he it's ok because they are going to give us all the things they removed from halo back to us as "free dlc"
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
I feel like 3 years would have been enough to provide all the content we needed. None of my business though.
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Quoted for truth.
Three years dev time and what to show? Every area of the game is lacking.
I Wish we received a studio which actually cared for the franchise and fans.
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
Yeah because the new forge is "half--Yoinked!-".

halo 5's forge is the biggest toolbox, modtool any fps ever had. Implemented in the game that is.
Ok guys, seriously?

Sorry man but there is just simply no excusing a game that is this barren of features
three years......they had three years and the game launched without btb forge theatre file share (still don't have a decent working one) and the list goes on and on

but it he it's ok because they are going to give us all the things they removed from halo back to us as "free dlc"
Fair enough, but continuously flooding the forums with the same rhetoric over and over and over isn't going to get them to fix any of these issues faster.

And yea, I 110% agree they need to follow in the footsteps of Halo 3 when it comes to the innovation of Theater, Forge, and File Sharing. Not to mention Custom Game features. Yes, I agree, they have seemed to be very lazy in their development process, and their lack of community communication doesn't help either.

My main concern right now is the GOD-AWFUL control scheme of Forge. Good grief they couldn't at least let us customize the button layout? Why didn't they take the Halo 3/4/Reach controls and add the extra features? Where is the UNDO feature that has been asked for since Forge saw life? Why didn't they add AI to Forge? Again a feature asked about since Halo 3 Forge. Why does it take a modding community to add features to a game ESPECIALLY when developers SEE these mods and the potential success that they would add to the game?

I agree, the game is FAR from finished, but like I said, they are WORKING ON IT. They do in fact read the forums, and they do know what the players are asking, but it doesn't help matters when a bunch of crybabies come to the forums complaining about OTHER players' behavior (quitting) or things that have been mentioned MANY MANY times over (Custom GameTypes, Ranking system fixes, weapon nerfing, the list goes on).

I can just look at the front page of this forum and see numerous threads about the same topics.
Ok guys, seriously?

I know patience..... I've been waiting over a year for them to fix the MCC and they still haven't. Is over a year not enough time for them to do their work? Are those who purchased Halo 5 supposed to wait for over a year for their issues to be fixed as well?

Seriously, tell me more about how we should give them time to do their work.
Ok guys, seriously?

Fair enough, but continuously flooding the forums with the same rhetoric over and over and over isn't going to get them to fix any of these issues faster.

And yea, I 110% agree they need to follow in the footsteps of Halo 3 when it comes to the innovation of Theater, Forge, and File Sharing. Not to mention Custom Game features. My main concern right now is the GOD-AWFUL control scheme of Forge. Good grief they couldn't at least let us customize the button layout? Why didn't they take the Halo 3/4/Reach controls and add the extra features? Where is the UNDO button that has been asked for since Forge saw life? Why didn't they add AI to Forge? Again a feature asked about since Halo 3 Forge. Why does it take mods to add features to a game ESPECIALLY when developers SEE these mods and the potential success that they would add to the game?

I agree, the game is FAR from finished, but like I said, they are WORKING ON IT. They do in fact read the forums, and they do know what the players are asking, but it doesn't help matters when a bunch of crybabies come to the forums complaining about OTHER players' behavior (quitting) or things that have been mentioned MANY MANY times over (Custom GameTypes, Ranking system fixes, weapon nerfing, the list goes on).

I can just look at the front page of this forum and see numerous threads about the same topics.
I get what you're saying, an over saturation of negativity is toxic, I get it believe me
however, what we have to think about it this:
is the negativity justified?

In the case of H5 and especially the MCC I would say it overwhelmingly is

and if the negativity is justified then we as a community need to be out spoken, tell them what we want and pressure them into implementing the things we should have had in this game since day one
Ok guys, seriously?

I know patience..... I've been waiting over a year for them to fix the MCC and they still haven't. Is over a year not enough time for them to do their work? Are those who purchased Halo 5 supposed to wait for over a year for their issues to be fixed as well?

Have you ever developed a triple A title? No? then you really have no room to talk about how long it takes to develop a AAA video game, let alone trying to fix bugs and please a community the size of a large city in a timely manner. They have enough pressure on their shoulders without repetative complaints from the community about how bad their game is or how rushed it is or how lazy they are.

have you ever gone to work and someone told you you were being lazy? cmon man, everyone EVERYONE does their best, and I guarentee 343i is doing their utmost to please as many fans as they possibly can.

they have a HUGE load on their plate - there is an ENORMOUS fanbase to please with many conflicting interests and directions for the game.

So seriously guys, give them a little slack. we all have ideas for the game(s) some of them extremely amazing! but these ideas need to take a development process, not just put into the game in a week and expected to be bug-free and balanced to the game let alone cater to the enormous fanbase.
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
Ok guys, seriously?

Have you ever developed a triple A title? No? then you really have no room to talk about how long it takes to develop a AAA video game, let alone trying to fix bugs and please the community in a timely manner. They have enough pressure on their shoulders without repetative complaints from the community about how bad their game is or how rushed it is or how lazy they are.

have you ever gone to work and someone told you you were being lazy? cmon man, everyone EVERYONE does their best, and I guarentee 343i is doing their utmost to please as many fans as they possibly can.

they have a HUGE load on their plate - there is an ENORMOUS fanbase to please with many conflicting interests and directions for the game.

So seriously guys, give them a little slack.
That post made me laugh. Let's go back to 2007/2008 shall we. Bungie released Halo 3 and there were a few big bugs in there at launch regarding weapon balance and a melee glitch. Bungie fixed these issues in under a year while also hosting weekly weekend double exp playlists and this game had so many more gamemodes, functioning forge and file share and a theater mode that allowed you and 3 other people to all watch the same film together.

As a side note I do in fact have an intimate knowledge of indie and AAA game design. People have just gotten increasingly sloppy in recent years. Games in our current day and age in general are proof of this.
Ok guys, seriously?

They had three years, thats plenty of time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15