2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15
I figured I might as well share my thoughts. Yes, I think that 343 has consistently put minimal effort into certain parts of their games. Pretty much every single title with their name on it had numerous infuriating flaws. No multiplayer for Halo CEA, Halo 4's multiplayer, the entirety of MCC, Halo 5's staggering lack of content, the list goes on. Maybe it's just my nostalgia talking, but I don't remember any of this in the older games. (Probably nostalgia, it's been a long time lol)

I don't think they have enough resources to do their overly ambitious projects. Not nearly enough. We have 4 games to back that up. Frankly, I've had enough of this "cut them some slack" mentality. We've been cutting them slack for the past 6 years. Halo 5 was the last straw for me. (Yet I can't stop playing it for whatever reason.)
would have thought that they would have done more with the game modes.
I remember pre-ordering Halo CEA expecting there to be a complete mutiplayer for it to be only a Reach copy and paste. So what did I do? Went straight back to Reach...
alxDunker wrote:
Meta11ic7 wrote:
II Cxstle wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Quoted for truth.
Three years dev time and what to show? Every area of the game is lacking.
I Wish we received a studio which actually cared for the franchise and fans.
I wish Bungie was back. T-T
Have you seen what they have done with Destiny? Please god no. With the direction that has taken they would've ruined Halo even more.
I don't mean the way they're dealing with Destiny. I meant how bungie did the halo games where as we have 343 over there taking game mechanics from CoD. Not to mention 343 had 3 years to continue the franchise with H5, but instead made a lazily put together game with mechanics copied from another game.
I remember pre-ordering Halo CEA expecting there to be a complete mutiplayer for it to be only a Reach copy and paste. So what did I do? Went straight back to Reach...
It wasn't even a copy paste. All you could play was the anniversary playlist which was just 4 maps, they were too lazy just to put the whole reach MP with it.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
What a load of crap.

We gave them 3 years to develop a fully finished AAA title. That is plenty of time. We got a barebones game that 2 updates later STILL lacks content that previous Halo games had at release. There isn't any excuse for this.

Stop being a kiss -Yoink- and learn that 343 is most definitely halfassing. Spare me your "younger generations" garbage too. I've been around since CE and I know damn well that this game isn't finished. Stop defending bad dev practices, stop making excuses for them and most definitely stop acting like this is how it's always been.
I don't really get the big deal. But at least we have Warzone, I mean I always wanted a mode like that in Halo, but people are right now trying to make every step like Reach. Some people want Invasion back, I say to them, play Assault Warzone. That's practically Invasion. But yeah, I guess they need to take more steps to make the game better.
It wasn't even a copy paste. All you could play was the anniversary playlist which was just 4 maps, they were too lazy just to put the whole reach MP with it.
Last time I pre-ordered a game, I think I've learnt my lesson with game developers now a days...
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
They are adding stuff monthly, yes, but what kind of stuff? Only multiplayer stuff ( plus Forge that's an exception ), what about the players who bought it for the campaign? We will remain with this short dissapointing campaign, because they sure as hell won't make story add-ons. There is no PvE gamemode and this campaign just doesnt statisfy my needs for that.
Previous Halos had great, not too short campaigns which I could play for the 50th time and not get bored. Later there was Firefight and in Halo 4 Spartan Ops ( which was my favorite gamemode in Halo 4 ), but we don't have anything like it in Halo 5.

I have more hours in Spartan Strike then in Halo 5's campaign just because it is that more enjoyable even after numerous playthroughs.
I LOVE HALO BUT HATE 343 ... Makes sense?? Don't get wrong the game plays Flawless I love it but feature wise ... It's garbage. Ima get bored of this really quickly if 343 doesn't steps up their game modes
They are doing updates every month so they probably are going to add more gameodes and maps in the future.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To be fair the file browser will be improved and they have already said that. What I think is odd is how in Reach and 4 the announcer actually said Swat, now he just says Slayer, there are certainly aspects of 5 that seem lazy though that doesn't stop it being an amazing game.
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
It's lazy on one end and stellar on the other. With halo 4. The campaign was great but the MP was lacking. With 5, it's the exact opposite.

Maybe with 6 we will finally get a "complete" game... Fingers are crossed.

I just wish we didn't have to wait another 3+ years to play it.
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
You have my sword, my guns, my support and whatever you want sir!
Syntherios wrote:
I just find it odd that Halo 4 had so much stuff packed into it (every popular Halo gametype, a solid, coherent campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge at launch) yet Halo 5 is dry as a bone. The campaign was a half-baked mess, no Infection/Grifball/KOTH/Assault/etc., no PvE mode a la Firefight or SpOps, and an overcomplicated, bug-filled Forge that wasn't even ready at launch. Three years of development time? I CAN'T TELL.
Dude, H4 campaign isn't good at all.
Archon 370 wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
Rushed? No this game is a mess, lack of content, poorly don't in every aspect. Not done well at all. There is a reason this game is dying and so many people are talking about it and it's 343's fault.
FORGE WAS BUGGY!!! where have you been, they're multiple threads complaining that if you die you LOSE ALL YOUR -Yoink-!!
Where did I say anything about forge...
Halfazzed isnt even coming close. 343i has cut core features and then has marketed it as "free content". They have been slow to fix essential problems like aiming and weapon balancing and completely nonexistent on issues like gametypes and UI requests(lobby, ranks, player profiles). They have consistently ignored player feedback and when they do "get around to it" like Forge/BTB its a lackluster presentation. Not only as Halo 5 suffered in both sales and aggregate reviews because of their arrogance, but it has also suffered by fragmenting the community into "complainers" and sympathizers. The Halo community should have NO CONTEST about their lack of effort, but the weak minded are too bedazzled by the thought of "free" content coming eventually. Does anyone even have a clue whats in the next update? Because there are quite a few threads now mentioning this.
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Agreed. I'd love to have an Infection and Capture-the-flag Playlist as well as Firefight, but honestly I'd settle for Spartan Ops. I love Halo for its Campaign/Story, which was already lacking in Halo 4, and I'm really not feeling it in Halo 5. It started with Halo 4 which became too Spartan vs. Spartan, and now I desperately miss playing Spartan vs. Covenant. Being one who isn't very competitive, I really enjoyed multiplayer modes where I could play with others (destroying AI enemies), instead of against them.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
I know patience..... I've been waiting over a year for them to fix the MCC and they still haven't. Is over a year not enough time for them to do their work? Are those who purchased Halo 5 supposed to wait for over a year for their issues to be fixed as well?

Seriously, tell me more about how we should give them time to do their work.
Have you ever developed a triple A title? No? then you really have no room to talk about how long it takes to develop a AAA video game, let alone trying to fix bugs and please a community the size of a large city in a timely manner. They have enough pressure on their shoulders without repetative complaints from the community about how bad their game is or how rushed it is or how lazy they are.

have you ever gone to work and someone told you you were being lazy? cmon man, everyone EVERYONE does their best, and I guarentee 343i is doing their utmost to please as many fans as they possibly can.

they have a HUGE load on their plate - there is an ENORMOUS fanbase to please with many conflicting interests and directions for the game.

So seriously guys, give them a little slack. we all have ideas for the game(s) some of them extremely amazing! but these ideas need to take a development process, not just put into the game in a week and expected to be bug-free and balanced to the game let alone cater to the enormous fanbase.
CoD is a AAA game and its a title that's annualized. Yeah, CoD doesn't really innovate but the biggest innovations in Halo 5 were already implemented into other games. They didn't really need to think of new ideas. Just take older ones and put it into their game. What work do they have left other than buffing graphics? Designing new maps, Truth and Regret are remakes of old maps and the main difference between Plaza, Overgrowth, Eden and Empire are the power weapons and graphics. Forge is good but the fileshare basically makes you go to ridiculous lengths to access other players maps and the options for custom games are pretty limited. The features in Halo 5 people complain about are already in the older Halo games. 343 just needed to add them into Halo 5. They didn't need to completely rethink ideas. The FPS genre isn't in a very good state at the moment. If you want to get your money's worth of a game, get an open world RPG game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15