2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Still waiting on an MCC update or even an acknowledgement from 343 that it still exists.
Same here. Hopefully they will reply to a post I made in another thread regarding the issues with Halo 5 for people outside of the US and the status of the next MCC update.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
I agree with you the game isn't even six months old yet,,,everyone needs to relax,,,I do admit the file browser should be there from the start.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
I agree with you the game isn't even six months old yet,,,everyone needs to relax,,,I do admit the file browser should be there from the start.
At this rate the game will be dead long before its six month anniversary comes up
It doesn't even crack the top 5 games played on xbl less than three months after launch
I dunno im about done with halo. 343 isnt very good.
Ok guys, seriously?

At this rate the game will be dead long before its six month anniversary comes up
It doesn't even crack the top 5 games played on xbl less than three months after launch
It does at times indeed I keep a close eye on that but it doesn't stay there for more than an hour or two when it does. I will say this they are having a laugh with their communication not a single word on the EU server issue, not a single word on what January's update actually is All i keep seeing are tweets on the HCS and we are due an update in what 2-3 weeks?.
Ok guys, seriously?

It does at times indeed I keep a close eye on that but it doesn't stay there for more than an hour or two when it does. I will say this they are having a laugh with their communication not a single word on the EU server issue, not a single word on what January's update actually is All i keep seeing are tweets on the HCS and we are due an update in what 2-3 weeks?.
I honestly haven't seen H5 in the top five since the third week it was out
right now every day I've checked it it's between 5-11
Syntherios wrote:
I just find it odd that Halo 4 had so much stuff packed into it (every popular Halo gametype, a solid, coherent campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge at launch) yet Halo 5 is dry as a bone. The campaign was a half-baked mess, no Infection/Grifball/KOTH/Assault/etc., no PvE mode a la Firefight or SpOps, and an overcomplicated, bug-filled Forge that wasn't even ready at launch. Three years of development time? I CAN'T TELL.
Actually halo 5 has the biggest campaign out of all the other halos. They also slowly release things to make sure another MCC doesn't happen. They just added dedicated servers and as you've noticed, they needed to adjust some things here and there. They want their game running smoothly before adding everything. It takes a lot longer than you think. Also I don't think people understand how long it takes to make some of these maps, making sure everything imbalanced, NAMING every -Yoinking!- thing. -Yoink- takes a while.
I'm pretty sure 343i is working on the issue right now and that they will get back to us asap. You guys need to learn some patience for real.
Patience?
you mean like the patience we gave them to fix the MCC?
Oh wait.....it's not fixed yet a year later
Sadly true, keep hearing people say that we should give them a bit of trust, yet all I've seen from 343i is mostly disappointment, I'm still waiting on MCC to be fixed, heck even H5 is buggy but not as badly.
The games feel good but just a bit lazy and need todo a bit more to try beat bungie
I think it's ok that we have are halos still but the ranking in halo is lazy we have to rely on everyone in are team to rank up not good
Need more updates to fill the game to its full
Yeah, I can't really argue with any of this. It sucks, but that's the way it is. I still play it out of loyalty, though.
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
mcc wasnt 'made' by 343, they highed certain affinity, saber interactive, and another studio i think to make it, h4 was ALRIGHT, it was like a 7 out of 10, i loved the forge and had a great time in customs, but H5 is very good, forging is a bit confusing, 9 out of 10. The only thing lazy is probably the spawning system, besides that, im good
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
mcc wasnt 'made' by 343, they highed certain affinity, saber interactive, and another studio i think to make it, h4 was ALRIGHT, it was like a 7 out of 10, i loved the forge and had a great time in customs, but H5 is very good, forging is a bit confusing, 9 out of 10. The only thing lazy is probably the spawning system, besides that, im good
343 was the over seer of the project and knew full well how bad it was long before it launched
hell the release build crashed on them during one of their HCS pre launch tournaments
MCC was so bad that they didn't even give us actual ports of CE and H2
they were both the PC ports full of glitches, inconsistencies bugs and all

H4 was abysmal and this wa a reflected by the sheer fact the game had a lifespan of less than 6 month

what hasn't been lazy about H5?
the whole things has been -Yoink-

at launch there was no
forge
file share
btb

we still 2 months after launch have no
Oddball
infection
one flag
assault
one bomb
territories
doubles (temporary playlist? Really?)
race
vip
juggarnaut
an actual working useful file share

what about this isn't lazy?
343 was the over seer of the project and knew full well how bad it was long before it launched
hell the release build crashed on them during one of their HCS pre launch tournaments
MCC was so bad that they didn't even give us actual ports of CE and H2
they were both the PC ports full of glitches, inconsistencies bugs and all

H4 was abysmal and this wa a reflected by the sheer fact the game had a lifespan of less than 6 month

what hasn't been lazy about H5?
the whole things has been -Yoink-

at launch there was no
forge
file share
btb

we still 2 months after launch have no
Oddball
infection
one flag
assault
one bomb
territories
doubles (temporary playlist? Really?)
race
vip
juggarnaut
an actual working useful file share

what about this isn't lazy?
Add dev made BTB size maps to the list. $5 billion franchise and they can't even make their own big maps? Pretty lazy and/or greedy. Depending on how you look at it.
your forgetting one thing, it was a Gen swap they built the engine from the ground up
Time and time again I see this brought up. So what if it was a generation swap? As far as I am informed, last gen was more difficult to code for as it was based on PowerPC architecture, while new gen is basically a slightly modified x86-64; an instruction set most PC's use. Since the architecture is so similar, their development tools should basically allow a smooth transition from anything on PC to the console.

Besides, why does any exclusive PC game or any decent PC port not have engine problems with the 60fps target? Many games function the same whetehr they are running at 20 fps or 120 fps. People speculate that everything in Halo 5 is tied around the 60fps, which is a sign of poor game engine design much alike Skyrim or the Mafia games. Why did they have to create a new engine; why would it be so problematic to use existing and respectable engines? As far as I know, the only engine feature that they really had to work on was the dynamic resolution to sustain the 60 fps target; all the other graphical features in H5 were already supported by previous Halo engines.
They didnt even create a new Engine. Its still the same old -Yoink- Halo Engine Bungie created 15 years ago. Hell they even said it in one of their ViDocs that a lot of stuff in their Engine is that old.
Its just a Frankenstein Engine at this point and not really a well made one.

Halo 5s awful graphics and weird sacrifices are a sign of incompetent programmers. Games like Battlefield, Battlefront, PvZ GW, CoD Series dont have all this weird sacrificies that Halo 5 has and all this games are 60fps too. And two of this games i mentioned even push for WAY more players online with a lot of destruction, beautiful Effects etc going on.
They have one more game to show what they can do, and if it isn't -Yoinking!- spectacular you can bet your -Yoink- they won't be making Halo anymore.
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
I think the work went on that statue they worked on... Then put it in the trassssssssssssssssssssssshhhh(storage)
I'd rather have it release in June (final update month) with all of the stuff it should have gametypes, maps, forge etc. Then give us REQs in huge 3 monthly doses. Also more than just reskins.
They didnt even create a new Engine. Its still the same old -Yoink- Halo Engine Bungie created 15 years ago. Hell they even said it in one of their ViDocs that a lot of stuff in their Engine is that old.
Its just a Frankenstein Engine at this point and not really a well made one.

Halo 5s awful graphics and weird sacrifices are a sign of incompetent programmers. Games like Battlefield, Battlefront, PvZ GW, CoD Series dont have all this weird sacrificies that Halo 5 has and all this games are 60fps too. And two of this games i mentioned even push for WAY more players online with a lot of destruction, beautiful Effects etc going on.
I'm not even sure at this point if it is a new engine. It seems that from Halo 3, all the Vidocs mentioned that the following games used an upgraded engine from the predecessor. What bothers me the most about the engine in H5 is how they handled the physics - they are absolutely abysmal. I find that in Halo 5, the lack of decent texture filtering is laughable. Anisotropic filtering could have been used with minimal performance impact and still they chose to crank up the ambient occlusion, bloom, and HDR.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. ...
  8. 15