[Locked] Stop Halfassing it 343

OP Vash 743

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
I still don't understand why they didn't delay the game.... Delaying the game allows the developer to complete the game even further. There's no harm in adding a full content at launch. Why is this so hard to get?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"- Shigeru Miyamoto
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
I know patience..... I've been waiting over a year for them to fix the MCC and they still haven't. Is over a year not enough time for them to do their work? Are those who purchased Halo 5 supposed to wait for over a year for their issues to be fixed as well?

Seriously, tell me more about how we should give them time to do their work.
Have you ever developed a triple A title? No? then you really have no room to talk about how long it takes to develop a AAA video game, let alone trying to fix bugs and please a community the size of a large city in a timely manner. They have enough pressure on their shoulders without repetative complaints from the community about how bad their game is or how rushed it is or how lazy they are.

have you ever gone to work and someone told you you were being lazy? cmon man, everyone EVERYONE does their best, and I guarentee 343i is doing their utmost to please as many fans as they possibly can.

they have a HUGE load on their plate - there is an ENORMOUS fanbase to please with many conflicting interests and directions for the game.

So seriously guys, give them a little slack. we all have ideas for the game(s) some of them extremely amazing! but these ideas need to take a development process, not just put into the game in a week and expected to be bug-free and balanced to the game let alone cater to the enormous fanbase.
No I haven't made a AAA game, but these people (343I) have, some more then 1 even, image that!!! They have deadlines and timelines like anyone else and if they can't meet them, they should be saying so. Yes they have pressure and yes I agree some people are too harsh to them, but honesty if they or the people in charge can't handle that pressure or responsibility then maybe they should be hiring people who can, or more people even....not to be mean here just stating fact. It's not like these people are straight out of school and have never made a game before lol

There really is no excuse for the lack of content that Halo 5 came out with and these DLC we've gotten so far are just things we should of had in the game off the bat. Jan update aka DLC better be a REAL DLC finally. What are they doing with all this money they have made from us (not me lol) from the REQ. packs?? yes some is profit and such, but they even said some would be going back into making DLC. I don't see it yet....

I've said this before, Halo 5 to me just seem very sloppy and unfinished in a lot of ways. Features missing, features that worked SO WELL, in past games they seem to refuse to use, yet have no problem taking things from other non halo games and putting it in there games just makes no sense to me. Then things like interactive maps that they were SO BIG ON when making H2A and showed off so much as all of been forgotten when making Halo 5 maps, like what happen there 343I?!?!?!? I just don't understand what they're thinking most of the time.

Honesty when it comes to playlist I understand certain ones like griftball take a bit more time to do, but things like Doubles and Team Objective should just be there off the start. They are so basic and easy to do it's not funny. The fact that BTB maps are all forge too just tells me that they really don't care about doing there own maps for it, they will let us do them and they will save the cost, and focus on Warzone which is clear that is where they are making all there money from so why wouldn't they. Yes I appreciate forge maps, but I don't want all my BTB maps to be forge.

Then there is the "DLC" I'm sorry but the armour in this game is terrible looking for the most part. The weapon skins are ugly as heck!! and if I recall the skins don't even apply to arena.... The stances no one see so who cares!! So that leaves the assassinations, which I think are the only thing worth unlocking. They did a very good job on a lot of these, very cool!

The ranking system needs work big time too. I like the win/lost thing unlike a lot of others who want it based off K/D (it's a team game people, sorry) but there ranking system only seem to work well if either 1) Your playing FFA or 2) You play all 10 of your entry games with the same people aka your friends. If you play 4-4 solo with randoms, the system fails HUGE!! and here is why.... Let's say you happen to be "ON" during those 10 entry games, you rip it up!!! well your going to be ranked very high with players who really are that good... but your not really THAT good, but you have moments. Well you can bet you'll be dragging your team down most of the time then not.

Same thing if you happen to be "OFF" during those first 10 entry games. You'll be ranked lower then you should and you'll end up just destroying everyone and you ruin other peoples experiences because your clearly that much better then them. Now people are purposely losing to get a low rank to help there K/D or because they're tired of playing people who are clearly better then them.... this reminds me a bit of Halo 3 boosting but at least in that you always knew who they were and you would destroy them because they really weren't that good. I still think everyone should just start at the bottom and work your way up (by winning only) and if you lose you go down aka Halo 3 system. Seems pretty simple to me... I don't know what the problem with it was. I've seem SO MANY GAMES try different systems and none work as well as "win you go up, lose you go down" I don't like these rank resets at all and no one I know of does either.

I could say so much more but I don't want it to seem I hate Halo 5 as I don't, but it could of been SO much better and the sad thing is a lot of things are just simple little things too (like interactive maps aka waterfalls, shooting ice like in H2A, things like this) that add so much to a game. Being able to mute people in the lobby and seeing medals after the match should also be a no brainer too, seeing is how we had those simple features how many years ago??? Good that you brought back shooting % but come on people!

Sorry for long post, it just really fires me up knowing what Halo 5 could be and what it should look like.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
thank you, agreed
They definitely just used mainly old content in the game. There isn't much that stands out to be different in this one, most maps were reused or redecorated. Like the covenant ship for example, it has been on multiple Halo games... It is half--Yoinked!- put together as a whole game. Also did not really bother to make sure there were not any historical or lore mistakes/alterations e.g. where were the prometheans in the actual story line, instead of just slapping them into the H4 and H5 games. Not to mention... the ending was completely opened weakening the hell out of the main story's main significance.
StuftRock1 wrote:
Kots1337 wrote:
Yes but you're not taking into account that bungie's "masterpieces" were created on a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENGINE!! That is why they are like 5-10 Gb while H5 is about 60 Gb. I am not at all a 343 hater. I just think that they could do better. H5 has much better graphics and sounds than all other halo games, so it's obviously going to take more time to develop.
Read this. I will assume you do not have excessive understanding of software or game development; engine differences do not dictate the size of the game in GB. The reason why most x360 games were under 10GB in size was due to hardware and disc limitations. The 360 only had a DVD drive (X One has a Blu-Ray drive), and a typical double sided DVD has a capacity roughly around 10GB. There are some games that shipped with 2 or more discs such as Rage, or even Halo 4.

Now, the main reason why the games were mostly under 10GB was due to the graphical limitations imposed by the hardware. Textures take up a significant amount of space depending on their size. Halo 3 rendered at sub 720p resolution, and most likely featured many textures with significantly lower pixel counts which would not require large amounts of storage. Halo 5 has a maximum resolution of 1080p; more than double the pixel count of 720p. To increase visual fidelity/graphical quality, the textures must be of a higher resolution which occupy much more space on the disc than the textures from previous games. Some textures may even be larger than the render resolution. These are commonly environment textures or player textures as they hold great visual importance. 3D models have also become more detailed since Halo 3. The more polygons and vertices a model contains, the larger its file size will be.

Another possible reason for the much larger size may be uncompressed audio files. Titanfall is 48GB in total, with 35GB being uncompressed audio files. Halo 5 may also have audio files that may take up many GB of space.

TL;DR : Differences in the engine will have negligible effects on the size of the game in bytes.
Man this community is so ungrateful.
xBELTWAYx wrote:
Yeah, ungrateful for not receiving basic content that existed at launch over 10 years ago...
xBELTWAYx wrote:
Yep, it's the communities fault that 343 failed to deliver basic elements of halo that have existed since halo: Ce
Yeah, so that was fun.

Locke'd.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15