Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Stop Halfassing it 343

OP Vash 743

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
They are adding "new things" that are "new" because they took them out!!!!

"febuary update from 343i
hey guys we've got a great new mode for you in February we are giving you oddball and a new game mode as part of our free dlc updates"
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
I quoted this for the sheer repetition.
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
I quoted this for the sheer repetition.
And I'm quoting you for sheer repatition

giving us forge btb file share etx etc
isint added new things

its simply giving us things that have been in halo since day one BACK to us since they took it out to begin with

giving us oddball infection territories juggernaut ViP race assault one flag one bomb etc etc etc isn't giving us new things and it's certainly not "support"
its insulting is what it ia

"hey guys here's that "new" feature to H5 we've been teasing......oddball!! A game type that you could play out of the box 10 years ago when H2 was released"
I genuinely struggle to understand how some ppl can sit here and defend 343i for the half finished game they have released. This isn't some bloke working down the local market selling fruit and veg...it is a multi million pound gaming business and it is their JOB to release a product fit for purpose. This game isn't anywhere near where it should be in terms of content and quality, and asking to cut them some slack after they've already taken everyones money simply isn't good enough. The reason why there are literally hundreds of threads criticising 343i is because of their incompetence and incomplete product...these issues shouldn't be issues and wouldn't be being discussed if they'd done their job properly.
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
I genuinely struggle to understand how some ppl can sit here and defend 343i for the half finished game they have released. This isn't some bloke working down the local market selling fruit and veg...it is a multi million pound gaming business and it is their JOB to release a product fit for purpose. This game isn't anywhere near where it should be in terms of content and quality, and asking to cut them some slack after they've already taken everyones money simply isn't good enough. The reason why there are literally hundreds of threads criticising 343i is because of their incompetence and incomplete product...these issues shouldn't be issues and wouldn't be being discussed if they'd done their job properly.
you got me, i understand the error of my ways.

343i GET YOUR -Yoink- TOGETHER!
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
The game is actually pretty barebones compared to previous Halo's at launch. It really feels like they took 2 years researching what made the older titles great, then not do any of those things the last year.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Wait wait wait wait wait. Hold up.

"Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work"

You mean the 3 years between 2012 and 2015 wasn't enough? and if they needed more time to finish their work don't you think delaying the game would have been the best course of action? Let's be honest, they didn't take their time taking our money, why should we take our time to get the product we paid for?.

Fixing and adding content to a game AFTER release will never be as effective as doing the work pre-release. MCC is a prime example of how badly releasing a game before it is ready, hoping you can fix it later, is bad for the game and for the fans. They absolutely killed the game right off. 343i spent more dev time on reskinned armours than they have gametypes and game features. Skins do not extend the life of a game. gametypes and game features do!. They've spent more time designing a system to take your money than they have giving the game as much variety and replay value.

As a gamer of the older generation I ask just one thing. Advertise and sell me a product that is finished. If there are bugs, fix them. If it's light on content, don't expect me to play for very longer, or even consider your games worth their value. If you want to add in extras after the game is released, fine, but only as long as the base game had enough content in the first place. Personally I'd rather see a complete game get life extending paid DLC than a content light game get features previously found in the base game, added in for "free".
TwocatZz wrote:
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
The game is actually pretty barebones compared to previous Halo's at launch. It really feels like they took 2 years researching what made the older titles great, then not do any of those things the last year.
i think what they did was spend way too long on the story/campaign/cutscenes and expected to be able to slowly progress with multiplayer after launch - big mistake, most players havent even played the story yet.
uh, if I may, I believe that during this 3 year period, 343 only gets 2 years to fully work on the game as the last year is mainly for polishing and preparing for launch.
I used to be pro-343 but now im on the fence.

I don't think that they are purposefully holding stuff back to drip feed us and pretend its new content, like most people do.
I genuinly think that the game just wasn't finished on time. So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?

MCC was a pretty big undertaking, and I feel that if they had just left it as H2A and added the other campaigns as DLC over time, it would have A) probably not been so messed up and B) given them more time to work on Halo 5.

I would have been 100% behind 343 if they had decided to push Halo 5 back to say March this year, which would have given them time to make sure the game worked properly, had all the features that we expect to work, like a file browser, and it would also have given them time to rework the ad campaign to match the new story, because its pretty clear that they threw the orginal out the window half way through development.

All of this mirrors what MS did with the XBOX One, a new console with all these flashy new ideas, but failed to maintain some of the key features that the 360 had been perfecting over the last 8 or so years, primarily the ease of access and usability of the UI haha!
I used to be pro-343 but now im on the fence.

I don't think that they are purposefully holding stuff back to drip feed us and pretend its new content, like most people do.
I genuinly think that the game just wasn't finished on time. So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?

MCC was a pretty big undertaking, and I feel that if they had just left it as H2A and added the other campaigns as DLC over time, it would have A) probably not been so messed up and B) given them more time to work on Halo 5.

I would have been 100% behind 343 if they had decided to push Halo 5 back to say March this year, which would have given them time to make sure the game worked properly, had all the features that we expect to work, like a file browser, and it would also have given them time to rework the ad campaign to match the new story, because its pretty clear that they threw the orginal out the window half way through development.

All of this mirrors what MS did with the XBOX One, a new console with all these flashy new ideas, but failed to maintain some of the key features that the 360 had been perfecting over the last 8 or so years, primarily the ease of access and usability of the UI haha!
If I was a betting man I'd say it was this new engine they had built. They couldn't build anything until the engine was finished. I bet MS laid down clear guildlines that this new engine had to be online/cloud intensive and that again would have took more time to figure out how to do that.

Halo 5's over reliance on cloud gaming (to an absolute fault that REQs and therefore Forge and customs don't work offline) and the graphics of Halo 5 being spotty (odd animations and short draw distance) give me the impression that they were either once again given a task (build a new engine like this) way too late or that they weren't up to and they scrambled to do the job.

Much of 343i's failings have come down to mismanagement. Either from MS or 343i higher ups, could be either or both. MCC and Halo 5 both bare the marks of being rushed and not fully planned out. Things missing or being broken or badly designed. So where as Halo 4 was badly designed but working in all those poor design choices. MCC and Halo 5 were great in principle but badly executed.

So again, I blame poor management. 343i had tasks they couldn't complete, and a deadline that should have been but wasn't moved back. Time and time again you'll see all the problems can be boiled down to that.
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Usually I would describe them with words that would make me get banned, but lazy seems to be the perfect word for them.
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
What have they added new so far?

And I guess it's a matter of people getting tired of the wait, but also not hearing much information as to what is coming and when. Right now it's all "coming Soon, free maps, More "free' REQ(Ohh Boy!), and We're working on that". But with no time fame or no real communication, I guess people are getting impatient and annoyed. Sure they mentioned that they are working on a better carnage report, and they are aware of the WZ Assault glitch, and they've said that they are aware that some people who play outside of the US have server issues, but that's all they have done. No real time frame as to when. How long should people wait before they just say forget it and start playing something else?

As for people who are tired of seeing the same threads repeatedly, why even both to open and read them? Just curious.
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
What have they added new so far?

And I guess it's a matter of people getting tired of the wait, but also not hearing much information as to what is coming and when. Right now it's all "coming Soon, free maps, More "free' REQ(Ohh Boy!), and We're working on that". But with no time fame or no real communication, I guess people are getting impatient and annoyed. Sure they mentioned that they are working on a better carnage report, and they are aware of the WZ Assault glitch, and they've said that they are aware that some people who play outside of the US have server issues, but that's all they have done. No real time frame as to when. How long should people wait before they just say forget it and start playing something else?

As for people who are tired of seeing the same threads repeatedly, why even both to open and read them? Just curious.
When my mom says things like:" clean your room"
I answer things like: Yeah I know I have to do it, or Soon I do it.
Why do I say stupid things like that? Because I dont give a -Yoink-.
343i is the same, just a lazy group of people who hate work.
--EDITED--

They should give us EVERY major Halo gametype in one sweeping blow

I'm talking:

King of the Hill
Territories (not this strongholds BS)
Oddball (PLEASE)
Juggernaut (not all that necessary, but i'd still play it in social)
Assault (again, i'd still play it in social and without assault, there is no griffball)
Infection

Hopefully in the first upcoming DLC
So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?
Have you seen the quality of the story compared to multiplayer? they clearly spent 85%-90% of the development on the story. and by the looks of it, graphics and sound were their primary concern.
--EDITED--

They should give us EVERY major Halo gametype in one sweeping blow

I'm talking:

King of the Hill
Territories(not this strongholds BS)
Oddball(PLEASE)
Juggernaut(not all that necessary, but i'd still play it in social)
Assault(again, i'd still play it in social and without assault, there is no griffball)
Infection

Hopefully in the first upcoming DLC
My favourite gametypes in Halo were the objective types. Without all these my Halo experience has diminished so badly. You boot up BF, Cod, TF, you play the same gametypes. Deathmatch and Conquest. Boot up Halo 5 and you play Slayer and Strongholds/Warzone.

I miss the variety.
Richnj wrote:
I used to be pro-343 but now im on the fence.

I don't think that they are purposefully holding stuff back to drip feed us and pretend its new content, like most people do.
I genuinly think that the game just wasn't finished on time. So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?

MCC was a pretty big undertaking, and I feel that if they had just left it as H2A and added the other campaigns as DLC over time, it would have A) probably not been so messed up and B) given them more time to work on Halo 5.

I would have been 100% behind 343 if they had decided to push Halo 5 back to say March this year, which would have given them time to make sure the game worked properly, had all the features that we expect to work, like a file browser, and it would also have given them time to rework the ad campaign to match the new story, because its pretty clear that they threw the orginal out the window half way through development.

All of this mirrors what MS did with the XBOX One, a new console with all these flashy new ideas, but failed to maintain some of the key features that the 360 had been perfecting over the last 8 or so years, primarily the ease of access and usability of the UI haha!
If I was a betting man I'd say it was this new engine they had built. They couldn't build anything until the engine was finished. I bet MS laid down clear guildlines that this new engine had to be online/cloud intensive and that again would have took more time to figure out how to do that.

Halo 5's over reliance on cloud gaming (to an absolute fault that REQs and therefore Forge and customs don't work offline) and the graphics of Halo 5 being spotty (odd animations and short draw distance) give me the impression that they were either once again given a task (build a new engine like this) way too late or that they weren't up to and they scrambled to do the job.

Much of 343i's failings have come down to mismanagement. Either from MS or 343i higher ups, could be either or both. MCC and Halo 5 both bare the marks of being rushed and not fully planned out. Things missing or being broken or badly designed. So where as Halo 4 was badly designed but working in all those poor design choices. MCC and Halo 5 were great in principle but badly executed.

So again, I blame poor management. 343i had tasks they couldn't complete, and a deadline that should have been but wasn't moved back. Time and time again you'll see all the problems can be boiled down to that.
Oh absolutely!
Working on a whole new engine for the new console, rather than just a ported one was probably their most time consuming issue, but like you say they have to conform to what MS wants at the end of the day.
I never throught about the REQs before, but now you say it, it is what links all of the onilne-only content together, Campaign being the only offline mode of play.

I remeber Bungie saying in the 3 and Reach days that they couldnt add new armour as DLC, perhaps 343 making the multiplayer content online only is their way of working around this?

Back to the point though, it is eveident that the game was rushed out by the powers that be. The game may even have had a stronger launch coming out in spring, with the extra time to get the hype train going and less competition.
Richnj wrote:
I used to be pro-343 but now im on the fence.

I don't think that they are purposefully holding stuff back to drip feed us and pretend its new content, like most people do.
I genuinly think that the game just wasn't finished on time. So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?

MCC was a pretty big undertaking, and I feel that if they had just left it as H2A and added the other campaigns as DLC over time, it would have A) probably not been so messed up and B) given them more time to work on Halo 5.

I would have been 100% behind 343 if they had decided to push Halo 5 back to say March this year, which would have given them time to make sure the game worked properly, had all the features that we expect to work, like a file browser, and it would also have given them time to rework the ad campaign to match the new story, because its pretty clear that they threw the orginal out the window half way through development.

All of this mirrors what MS did with the XBOX One, a new console with all these flashy new ideas, but failed to maintain some of the key features that the 360 had been perfecting over the last 8 or so years, primarily the ease of access and usability of the UI haha!
If I was a betting man I'd say it was this new engine they had built. They couldn't build anything until the engine was finished. I bet MS laid down clear guildlines that this new engine had to be online/cloud intensive and that again would have took more time to figure out how to do that.

Halo 5's over reliance on cloud gaming (to an absolute fault that REQs and therefore Forge and customs don't work offline) and the graphics of Halo 5 being spotty (odd animations and short draw distance) give me the impression that they were either once again given a task (build a new engine like this) way too late or that they weren't up to and they scrambled to do the job.

Much of 343i's failings have come down to mismanagement. Either from MS or 343i higher ups, could be either or both. MCC and Halo 5 both bare the marks of being rushed and not fully planned out. Things missing or being broken or badly designed. So where as Halo 4 was badly designed but working in all those poor design choices. MCC and Halo 5 were great in principle but badly executed.

So again, I blame poor management. 343i had tasks they couldn't complete, and a deadline that should have been but wasn't moved back. Time and time again you'll see all the problems can be boiled down to that.
Oh absolutely!
Working on a whole new engine for the new console, rather than just a ported one was probably their most time consuming issue, but like you say they have to conform to what MS wants at the end of the day.
I never throught about the REQs before, but now you say it, it is what links all of the onilne-only content together, Campaign being the only offline mode of play.

I remeber Bungie saying in the 3 and Reach days that they couldnt add new armour as DLC, perhaps 343 making the multiplayer content online only is their way of working around this?

Back to the point though, it is eveident that the game was rushed out by the powers that be. The game may even have had a stronger launch coming out in spring, with the extra time to get the hype train going and less competition.
They added armours in Halo 4 though remember. On the old engine through DLCs. So I think the change to online only REQs and armours is purely because of the microtransaction nature of the system. You need to be connected to MS to give them your money.

They could have released MCC last summer and Halo 5 next. I would have preferred delayed releases compared to what we have ended up with. MS have favoured Xmas and the Halo name to sell their game over hard work and faith in their product. Gears Ult released in late summer and I think that has worked out really well for the game and even the franchise.
Welcome to Halfassed5. Less accessible features offline, lazy maps and playlist selection, worst UI lobby in Halo to date. Thanks triple AAA studio, this is really saddening when I think about what is going in Halo. Not to mention, their communication is lazy as -Yoink-.
8
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15