2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
No,

They had 3 years to work on this game, which is the same time-frame prior Halo's had between games and they came out with much more content.

I won't cut 343I any slack, I should not need ot be patient to get the minimum content (Months after release) on a game that had a 3 year dev cycle, just to have the same amount of content prior iterations of the game had AT RELEASE.
Everything feels -Yoink- except for the game play which was obviously their main priority. Lack of Content was a factor for why halo 4 had lost its population and it still had more at launch than Halo 5.
The campaign has more levels but 3 of those shouldn't even count and should've been cutscenes and some are too short and theirs only 3 MC levels and the characters have barely any development, which is important from a narrative standpoint.
But I shouldn't say anything because Frankie thinks people like me are too young to understand good storytelling (BTW I'm 20 years old).
The req system is similar to how microtrans work in games like Simpsons tapped out, you don't need to pay for the stuff but it's the easier solution because the other way is too long and is a massive grind. It takes advantage of those people who will easily pay for the stuff. If you need a gold pack you need to play roughly 10-15 matches (depending on performance and if playing arena or warzone) without boosts.
And so far these free content updates are very bare and lackluster as most of the content so far has been reskins, a old rocket launcher model 1 warzone map and content we've had at launch with previous games since 3.
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Yeah I am going to disagree with you here. They had three years and the game has been out since the end of October and there is still so much content lacking. I am trying to wait and give this game another try but after getting on last night after taking a month off it is still so disappointing. Gameplay, sound, and graphics are all great, even though I despise abilities and Sprint, but with so few gametypes I just couldn't play very long and breakout should be removed from arena as soon as possible.
As many said. It took them 3 years. That's a long time for most games. At this point they should've delayed the game by a few months.
Lack of Content was a factor for why halo 4 had lost its population.
Every one of my friends quit playing H4 due to lack of content. SPECIFICALLY MAPS. the other major factor that hurt H4 and 5 was both launched just two weeks before COD.
Hey 343, add everything from Reach (Playlists, playable Elites, maybe ranks that aren't meaningless numbers, a real File browser)
Spoiler:
Show
Richnj wrote:
Richnj wrote:
I used to be pro-343 but now im on the fence.

I don't think that they are purposefully holding stuff back to drip feed us and pretend its new content, like most people do.
I genuinly think that the game just wasn't finished on time. So it makes you wonder what they spend all the time doing?

MCC was a pretty big undertaking, and I feel that if they had just left it as H2A and added the other campaigns as DLC over time, it would have A) probably not been so messed up and B) given them more time to work on Halo 5.

I would have been 100% behind 343 if they had decided to push Halo 5 back to say March this year, which would have given them time to make sure the game worked properly, had all the features that we expect to work, like a file browser, and it would also have given them time to rework the ad campaign to match the new story, because its pretty clear that they threw the orginal out the window half way through development.

All of this mirrors what MS did with the XBOX One, a new console with all these flashy new ideas, but failed to maintain some of the key features that the 360 had been perfecting over the last 8 or so years, primarily the ease of access and usability of the UI haha!
If I was a betting man I'd say it was this new engine they had built. They couldn't build anything until the engine was finished. I bet MS laid down clear guildlines that this new engine had to be online/cloud intensive and that again would have took more time to figure out how to do that.

Halo 5's over reliance on cloud gaming (to an absolute fault that REQs and therefore Forge and customs don't work offline) and the graphics of Halo 5 being spotty (odd animations and short draw distance) give me the impression that they were either once again given a task (build a new engine like this) way too late or that they weren't up to and they scrambled to do the job.

Much of 343i's failings have come down to mismanagement. Either from MS or 343i higher ups, could be either or both. MCC and Halo 5 both bare the marks of being rushed and not fully planned out. Things missing or being broken or badly designed. So where as Halo 4 was badly designed but working in all those poor design choices. MCC and Halo 5 were great in principle but badly executed.

So again, I blame poor management. 343i had tasks they couldn't complete, and a deadline that should have been but wasn't moved back. Time and time again you'll see all the problems can be boiled down to that.
Oh absolutely!
Working on a whole new engine for the new console, rather than just a ported one was probably their most time consuming issue, but like you say they have to conform to what MS wants at the end of the day.
I never throught about the REQs before, but now you say it, it is what links all of the onilne-only content together, Campaign being the only offline mode of play.

I remeber Bungie saying in the 3 and Reach days that they couldnt add new armour as DLC, perhaps 343 making the multiplayer content online only is their way of working around this?

Back to the point though, it is eveident that the game was rushed out by the powers that be. The game may even have had a stronger launch coming out in spring, with the extra time to get the hype train going and less competition.
They added armours in Halo 4 though remember. On the old engine through DLCs. So I think the change to online only REQs and armours is purely because of the microtransaction nature of the system. You need to be connected to MS to give them your money.

They could have released MCC last summer and Halo 5 next. I would have preferred delayed releases compared to what we have ended up with. MS have favoured Xmas and the Halo name to sell their game over hard work and faith in their product. Gears Ult released in late summer and I think that has worked out really well for the game and even the franchise.
So they did, my bad. They can't use that as an excuse.

Microtransactions, microtransactions everywhere! Haha

I know they want to launch before christmas for the extra sales of parents buying it for their kids and stuff, but and the end of the day, if people want it, they will by it, no matter what time of year. The problem with the MCC was that they wanted it done by the anniversary of Halo 2 which was their downfall. But like I say, the MCC could have launched with just H2A and the anniversary MM, and every month or 2 released the other campaigns as DLC, which would have given them more time to get them running properly and would also be a way of building hype for Halo 5.
*grabs torch and pitchfork*
lets burn it down...
everyone get call of duty
*gasps*
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. I mean is something else going on there to make them like this. It's coming off as plain disrespectful and lazy.
i do think they are a bit slakish/lazy but i also feel its quite hard to please the fans but they are definitely lazy with in game content
As many said. It took them 3 years. That's a long time for most games. At this point they should've delayed the game by a few months.
i agree also the fact that the game didnt even come with forge at launch was very annoying too
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
first off: at a similar time of launch, reach and 4 had around the same amount of game modes. At this point, neither had infection (just a side note).
Secondly: Spartan Ops was one of the most widely discouraged things from 4. Not very many people played it AT THE TIME. And thus, it was removed.
Third: We do have daily wins, but I'll caveat that one to you, even though thats not really a halo thing.
As for the re-used assets, please tell me how many unique assets the other games had? Like a skybox isn't going to be re-used? an odd thing to complain about, right? As for the home base, garage, etc, it would stand to say that modern buildings, now and in the future are almost cookie cutter things. Especially Foward Operating bases in the military, they aren't designed to look pretty or unique, they are meant to be put up and used effectively. Sure this is a game, and we can throw realism away, but let's be honest, you should never be in your own base and if each base was different, we'd have a whole nother issue on our hands.
vSYK wrote:
i do think they are a bit slakish/lazy but i also feel its quite hard to please the fans but they are definitely lazy with in game content
Totally.
There are certain things that people like or dislike which comes down to opinion, but lacking game content isn't an opinion.
The game launched with about as many features as Halo 2 did 10 years ago!
I know one thing. If 343 isn't careful and doesn't start showing they care...this will be the biggest flop in gaming history and they will literally kill Halo and H6 will be VERY hard to sell...
Ok guys, seriously?

How much time?
We all would be fine if they said they need 2months more because the game isnt finished yet.
But no, they released a half finished game with lots of flaws in it.
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Welcome to Halfassed5. Less accessible features offline, lazy maps and playlist selection, worst UI lobby in Halo to date. Thanks triple AAA studio, this is really saddening when I think about what is going in Halo. Not to mention, their communication is lazy as -Yoink-.
The community gives them 363645274626 things they want to see from old games or some new ones.
343i is like:
"it is coming,soon!"

this is almost as annoying as GoT "Winter is coming"
We want it now! or atleast knowing when.
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
Well let's all take a second to realize that this is a different engine from what we can see. I also saw someone post about it as well, plus hearing about it. You could write, model, and concept everything, but putting all that in can't go on until the engine is ready. Why do you think Bethesda games are so buggy? They reuse the same engine from years past, otherwise the game would take AGES, as an engine that complex for modern Open World RPGs would just take a ton to code and set up. We'll say it took at least a year probably, thus cutting down real dev time. Not to mention Microsoft would be breathing down 343's neck, as Halo is THE flagship Xbox exclusive game, so time is of the essence for releases. Halo 4 was the same engine as Reach/CEA, if I recall correctly. That would mean that Halo 4 would have more time in actual development than Halo 5.

Btw, for all the people who are raging over the lack of Master Chief, please remember Halo: Reach, ODST, and Wars. I don't hear complaining from there, do I? Locke isn't even that bad a character, and let's be honest here, we all wanna be Buck in Co-Op just to be Buck.

Basically:

A new engine and MS pushing for a release date deadline pushed 343 out of their comfort zones, and caused a drier, yet still well made Halo to be put out.
vSYK wrote:
Totally.
There are certain things that people like or dislike which comes down to opinion, but lacking game content isn't an opinion.
The game launched with about as many features as Halo 2 did 10 years ago!
Maybe you dont remember MCC where they launched a game chuck full of content that oh yeah... did not work. The principal is pretty simple here guys, Put out something solid, that works and dump the DLC on for FREE and keep your players happy. Its amazing to me that everyone is like H2 didnt have this problem. Halo 2 is 7GB. Try going through all the debugging for the game the size of Halo 5, I am happy with the strides made from the MCC disaster.
Here is an interesting read on the topic
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99883-Halo-2s-Development-Was-a-Gigantic-Mess
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15