Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Stop Halfassing it 343

OP Vash 743

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15
Hawkner117 wrote:
Well let's all take a second to realize that this is a different engine from what we can see. I also saw someone post about it as well, plus hearing about it. You could write, model, and concept everything, but putting all that in can't go on until the engine is ready. Why do you think Bethesda games are so buggy? They reuse the same engine from years past, otherwise the game would take AGES, as an engine that complex for modern Open World RPGs would just take a ton to code and set up. We'll say it took at least a year probably, thus cutting down real dev time. Not to mention Microsoft would be breathing down 343's neck, as Halo is THE flagship Xbox exclusive game, so time is of the essence for releases. Halo 4 was the same engine as Reach/CEA, if I recall correctly. That would mean that Halo 4 would have more time in actual development than Halo 5.

Btw, for all the people who are raging over the lack of Master Chief, please remember Halo: Reach, ODST, and Wars. I don't hear complaining from there, do I? Locke isn't even that bad a character, and let's be honest here, we all wanna be Buck in Co-Op just to be Buck.

Basically:

A new engine and MS pushing for a release date deadline pushed 343 out of their comfort zones, and caused a drier, yet still well made Halo to be put out.
This.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
Well I could go on and on about their lies but you asked for one example. Frank O'Connor said multiple times that, "the fate of cortana was sealed in halo 4." This was a lie. The fate of cortana in halo 4 was that she sacrificed herself and died for the cheif and humanity. That is clearly a lie. She did not died she did not sacrifice herself. OK there is one example. I have many, many more. Message me personally if you would like to hear more.
You mean games haven't lied about a character before to surprise people in future sequals? What lies have they done that actually affected the game itself? 343 saying there's no sprint in h5 but then there's sprint anyways would be a lie that affects the game. Trying to cover up cortanas death to surprise people who liked her in the next game is actually a normal thing games have done before. Sure its a lie......but doesn't necessarily affect the gameplay and such.
Hawkner117 wrote:

Btw, for all the people who are raging over the lack of Master Chief, please remember Halo: Reach, ODST, and Wars. I don't hear complaining from there, do I? Locke isn't even that bad a character, and let's be honest here, we all wanna be Buck in Co-Op just to be Buck.
The reason no one is complaining about those games not having Chief is because it's not the Main Halo Games (1-5)

I thought that was a given...
Monitor SC wrote:
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
You can't count Firefight and Spartan Ops as "missing" just because they've been in 3/9 Halo releases combined.
They were also said to not be put in the game period, therefore meaning it's not missing if it were not intended to be put in the game in the first place.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
Well I could go on and on about their lies but you asked for one example. Frank O'Connor said multiple times that, "the fate of cortana was sealed in halo 4." This was a lie. The fate of cortana in halo 4 was that she sacrificed herself and died for the cheif and humanity. That is clearly a lie. She did not died she did not sacrifice herself. OK there is one example. I have many, many more. Message me personally if you would like to hear more.
Oh look, the Figurehead was being vague and mysterious because he didn't want to spoil anything. That counts as a lie? That's not even a thing bro. If that's a lie to you, you have more problems than 343.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
Well I could go on and on about their lies but you asked for one example. Frank O'Connor said multiple times that, "the fate of cortana was sealed in halo 4." This was a lie. The fate of cortana in halo 4 was that she sacrificed herself and died for the cheif and humanity. That is clearly a lie. She did not died she did not sacrifice herself. OK there is one example. I have many, many more. Message me personally if you would like to hear more.
You mean games haven't lied about a character before to surprise people in future sequals? What lies have they done that actually affected the game itself? 343 saying there's no sprint in h5 but then there's sprint anyways would be a lie that affects the game. Trying to cover up cortanas death to surprise people who liked her in the next game is actually a normal thing games have done before. Sure its a lie......but doesn't necessarily affect the gameplay and such.
All major entertainment media does this (apart from maybe the music industry, but even then, they say they arent going to release an album and then drop an album)

its to generate hype for the media and draw your interests, did it work? did you buy the game to discover the truth? ok then, stop -Yoinking!- and get back to a more well constructed subtopic of this thread... like why there is no offline forge support, or a decent file share system, or why the ranks are messed up, or how few gametypes there are... anything but these mindless flamewars we are spreading about whether or not we support the developers.

because it doesnt matter if we support them, they have our money, and at this point they offer a medium for us to communicate our feedback on the game we purchased so why not gather our resources for more meaningful rhetoric? instead of this mindless troll/flame war
I wouldn't call it a 3-year cycle, as the MCC was released between H4 and H5, and we all know how that turned out. MCC probably took a lot of man-power from Halo 5 development, and when it released broken, I'm sure much of Halo 5's team had to work on MCC's bugs (Some of which went un-fixed) Had MCC launched smoothly, the team dedicated to Halo 5 could've been given more time to work on Halo 5 rather than fixing MCC. With that said, I really don't know why they decided not to put in any objective gametypes or slayer variants (like snipers and that kinda stuff) as dedicated playlists, as those were already in the game at launch. I can tell you why there was no social playlists but I'd rather not call someone out and get banned.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Another fanboy that will learn someday. Its unbelievable that I too was once this naive. One day they will push you too far my friend . That is when you will learn what we have: 343 is a money grabbing, lazy, arrogant company with a "too big to fail mentality ". The chief criminal behind this: Frank O'Connor
1. Its so typical to use a "fanboy" attack, you don't have anything new?
2. Aren't all games designed to make money?
3. To big to fail mentality huh? Must explain all the changes from h4 and h5, I mean, they did take away what we disliked about h4 and kept it out of h5, and then they added other things.

Like I said earlier in another post, it's perfectly fine to dislike a game, but false statements just because you dislike where things are going benefits no one. I'm sure 343 will use your non constructive feedback to improve the series......

FYI: frank doesn't make the game.......
Let me rephrase this from FanBoy for you then. You are a bad kid (something tells me you hear that everytime you play Halo). The beta played better than it does today. The game sucks. The game has about 10 maps that you play over and over. He may not make it but he oversees it. Just like he oversees you when you suck his yoink.
The game sucks for you. Its all opinionated on what sucks as well. H5 is the closest thing to h3 IMO, does it make it true as in a fact? No. You keep throwing insults around all you want, I'm just amazed your mother never put soap in your mouth or took you to a physicatrist when no one here is even insulting you lol. I'll say this one last time, you dislike where halo is going? Put in real feedback, cuz no ones going to listen to you talking down on them while not even saying what you dislike about it.
at first i cringed at this (bolded) statement... but he's actually right, compared to all the other games, H5 is the closest representation to the coveted halo 3 with the addition of movement features of course (which imo are a necessary addition for the progression of the series)

i think if they added all the gametypes that belong in halo, it would be a better sequel to halo 3 than halo 4 was...
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
See, 343 is very slick when it comes to what they say. They rarely outright lie, but there are tons of lies of omission and specifically worded statements that sound like something other than what they really mean.

A notable example is when they said, upon Halo 5's reveal, that there wouldn't be a penalty to hip fire, because people were worried about ADS making weapons more accurate. Technically, that's true, but only because hip fire is the default state of your weapon and that wouldn't be considered a penalty. But obviously there was a bonus to accuracy for ADS. They didn't lie, but they addressed peoples concerns with some slick word play despite knowing exactly what people were worried about.

And of course the whole not mentioning the removal of most of the gametypes the series always had is a lie of omission because they knew people would be expecting those and would want to know if they were removed.

And the "free DLC maps" thing could very well end up also being a lie of omission in regards to every arena map not being an actual new, unique map. The fact that they continue to not say one way or the other whether or not that will always be the case might as well be confirmation that that's what they had planned (though that may change after people made their concerns clear).

And those are just the biggest things off the top of my head.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
Well I could go on and on about their lies but you asked for one example. Frank O'Connor said multiple times that, "the fate of cortana was sealed in halo 4." This was a lie. The fate of cortana in halo 4 was that she sacrificed herself and died for the cheif and humanity. That is clearly a lie. She did not died she did not sacrifice herself. OK there is one example. I have many, many more. Message me personally if you would like to hear more.
You mean games haven't lied about a character before to surprise people in future sequals? What lies have they done that actually affected the game itself? 343 saying there's no sprint in h5 but then there's sprint anyways would be a lie that affects the game. Trying to cover up cortanas death to surprise people who liked her in the next game is actually a normal thing games have done before. Sure its a lie......but doesn't necessarily affect the gameplay and such.
All major entertainment media does this (apart from maybe the music industry, but even then, they say they arent going to release an album and then drop an album)

its to generate hype for the media and draw your interests, did it work? did you buy the game to discover the truth? ok then, stop -Yoinking!- and get back to a more well constructed subtopic of this thread... like why there is no offline forge support, or a decent file share system, or why the ranks are messed up, or how few gametypes there are... anything but these mindless flamewars we are spreading about whether or not we support the developers.

because it doesnt matter if we support them, they have our money, and at this point they offer a medium for us to communicate our feedback on the game we purchased so why not gather our resources for more meaningful rhetoric? instead of this mindless troll/flame war
Does the title specifically say to talk about what you listed? Please tell me how a story can't be -Yoink- by lies? If you don't care about what I added to someone else's post then bugger off, especially if you've no idea what my point is. For clarifaction, my point was to someone saying the lies if the story made it -Yoink-, my argument was that other games do it, some for good, others bad but it's not necessarily a lie depending on how you look at it. My point being cortana originally being dead but being added hasn't -Yoink- the game in any way. How's that flaming and such?
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Sounds like Development Hell... I mean im not even shocked. They Story was probably changed too and rushed to finish that change.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
See, 343 is very slick when it comes to what they say. They rarely outright lie, but there are tons of lies of omission and specifically worded statements that sound like something other than what they really mean.

A notable example is when they said, upon Halo 5's reveal, that there wouldn't be a penalty to hip fire, because people were worried about ADS making weapons more accurate. Technically, that's true, but only because hip fire is the default state of your weapon and that wouldn't be considered a penalty. But obviously there was a bonus to accuracy for ADS. They didn't lie, but they addressed peoples concerns with some slick word play despite knowing exactly what people were worried about.

And of course the whole not mentioning the removal of most of the gametypes the series always had is a lie of omission because they knew people would be expecting those and would want to know if they were removed.

And the "free DLC maps" thing could very well end up also being a lie of omission in regards to every arena map not being an actual new, unique map. The fact that they continue to not say one way or the other whether or not that will always be the case might as well be confirmation that that's what they had planned (though that may change after people made their concerns clear).

And those are just the biggest things off the top of my head.
Isn't that any company though? Anyone in a position of power and influence, actually. As for the ADS issue. I don't see the problem. I've played halo ever since the beginning and it feels natural now. And they didn't remove most gametypes, they simply haven't come out yet (typical 343 suck response). Even 4 and reach didn't have as many gamemodes at this point in their release.
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
All I am going to say is, unless you have been in their shoes, don't say a Yoink thing about it. Be happy 343i took on Halo and made Halo 5. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have Halo. So stop being an ungrateful Yoink.
Enslayve wrote:
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
Yeah because the new forge is "half--Yoinked!-".

halo 5's forge is the biggest toolbox, modtool any fps ever had. Implemented in the game that is.
So and have the time it doesn't work or glitches or freezes. So yeah it's the biggest piece of crap they released. try again.
TJP37 wrote:
Why don't people understand that 343 is going to continue support every month adding new things? I see these kinds of posts all too often, with people talking as if this is the last update and we're stuck with what we have. I just don't get the logic here.
Tell that to the people who have been waiting over a year for MCC to be fixed.
L3ntPuma wrote:
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Not just that but eden and empire are the exact same map except for one or 2 bridges. Just like how regret and truth are the exact same map except for 2 walls
Except they play very differently.
They do play extremely differently but it still is a bit underwhelming as a player.
Kinda feels like a lack of creativity that leads to a mundane feeling.
Enslayve wrote:
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
Yeah because the new forge is "half--Yoinked!-".

halo 5's forge is the biggest toolbox, modtool any fps ever had. Implemented in the game that is.
So and have the time it doesn't work or glitches or freezes. So yeah it's the biggest piece of crap they released. try again.
The piece of crap that was delayed? But released anyways cuz people kept complaining about it missing? 343 tried getting it as good as could get but when you have the forge community and then the casual player who dabbles in it burning red over it 343 had to do something. Either they keep to the delay and get chewed out for it, or they release it like it is to say "here's what you've been wanting! It's not done yet but well add onto it". And still get chewed out for it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 15