2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Fox Olive wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied? LOL...
Clearly not worth continuing this conversation with you.
What did they lie about? Give me a time, date, or even a crappy buzzfeed article. The fact that you are only even pointing out one part of my response shows that you have no real response. I'm all for debating and losing, just give me some facts.
See, 343 is very slick when it comes to what they say. They rarely outright lie, but there are tons of lies of omission and specifically worded statements that sound like something other than what they really mean.

A notable example is when they said, upon Halo 5's reveal, that there wouldn't be a penalty to hip fire, because people were worried about ADS making weapons more accurate. Technically, that's true, but only because hip fire is the default state of your weapon and that wouldn't be considered a penalty. But obviously there was a bonus to accuracy for ADS. They didn't lie, but they addressed peoples concerns with some slick word play despite knowing exactly what people were worried about.

And of course the whole not mentioning the removal of most of the gametypes the series always had is a lie of omission because they knew people would be expecting those and would want to know if they were removed.

And the "free DLC maps" thing could very well end up also being a lie of omission in regards to every arena map not being an actual new, unique map. The fact that they continue to not say one way or the other whether or not that will always be the case might as well be confirmation that that's what they had planned (though that may change after people made their concerns clear).

And those are just the biggest things off the top of my head.
Isn't that any company though? Anyone in a position of power and influence, actually. As for the ADS issue. I don't see the problem. I've played halo ever since the beginning and it feels natural now. And they didn't remove most gametypes, they simply haven't come out yet (typical 343 suck response). Even 4 and reach didn't have as many gamemodes at this point in their release.
Doesn't matter who else does it. If a company intentionally tries to manipulate your expectation, people aren't gonna be happy and rightfully so.

It also doesn't matter if you liked ADS in regards to this issue. People made their concerns about how it would function very clear and 343 responded by basically saying "don't worry" and following it up with some very slick word play. They knew what people were worried about and literally outright tried to trick them into thinking their concerns were unfounded.

The gametypes were not put in the game and they never told us that would be the case, despite knowing we were expecting them and would want to know if they weren't included. That's a lie of ommission. Reach had more game types than any previous game (and maybe any game since) and Halo 4 still had tons of gametype and most series staple gametypes. Halo 5 has less game types than even CE had 14 years ago.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
All I am going to say is, unless you have been in their shoes, don't say a Yoink thing about it. Be happy 343i took on Halo and made Halo 5. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have Halo. So stop being an ungrateful Yoink.
That's... not how it works.
All major entertainment media does this (apart from maybe the music industry, but even then, they say they arent going to release an album and then drop an album)its to generate hype for the media and draw your interests, did it work? did you buy the game to discover the truth? ok then, stop -Yoinking!- and get back to a more well constructed subtopic of this thread... like why there is no offline forge support, or a decent file share system, or why the ranks are messed up, or how few gametypes there are... anything but these mindless flamewars we are spreading about whether or not we support the developers.because it doesnt matter if we support them, they have our money, and at this point they offer a medium for us to communicate our feedback on the game we purchased so why not gather our resources for more meaningful rhetoric? instead of this mindless troll/flame war

I copied and pasted this from a previous post of mine... I dont care about banhammer, this thread is a flamethread anyway and should be deleted regardless.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Vash 743 wrote:
So far most of what 343 has added that the community asked for has been very half -Yoinked!- in its implementation. Its almost as if they say "I suppose we better do SOMETHING" then put in minimum effort and release it, begrudgingly saying "there you go, happy now?".
Examples of this are the "social playlists" and the file browser. We were promised social playlists and what did we get? all that was done was moving big team and adding a temporary playlist which really is just a long term weekend playlist with 2 more people. so in the long run all we have is big team, which was already there. Half -Yoinked!-.
And instead of actually building a proper file browser like we saw in reach, 343 added a bizarre system where you have to add people as your friend in order to play their map. Half -Yoinked!-
All I am going to say is, unless you have been in their shoes, don't say a Yoink thing about it. Be happy 343i took on Halo and made Halo 5. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have Halo. So stop being an ungrateful Yoink.
They ruined Halo kid I would've preferred them not make any more Halo games to be honest.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bypass the profanity filter.

Spoiler:
Show
Flexite wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Vash 743 wrote:
They ruined Halo kid I would've preferred them not make any more Halo games to be honest.
I was talking about how he said 343 took on Halo and Halo wouldn't be around anymore if not for them. That's not at all how things happened.
Vash 743 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Microsoft has it covered....this is their flagship xbox title, and they are going to milk it until its bone dry. as long as halo sells the console, they are going to keep the halo universe alive no matter what.
This forum is full of idiots
and you aren't contributing to the conversation.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Spoiler:
Show
Flexite wrote:
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
They had all the time they needed kid be quiet they sold MCC in an unplayable state and this game with extreme lack of content, no one has the patience for people showing laziness when they are spending their money.
LMAO seriously, people need to read more into a thread than the first 10 posts...

And dont call me a kid, i'm 25 years old and live in my own fuckking apartment. jesus christ the flamewars on this thread.
Good for you kid

Spoiler:
Show
Flexite wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Flexite wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Vash 743 wrote:
I was talking about how he said 343 took on Halo and Halo wouldn't be around anymore if not for them. That's not at all how things happened.
Halo fell into the wrong hands, 343 didn't bless us at all.
I never said that wasn't the case.
Flexite wrote:
I see some of you on here have some sense. The fanboys that won't allow you to criticize or say anything bad about 343 are brainwashed. 343 has been serving up mediocrity since Halo 4 and some of you still aren't tired of it yet? From lack of content, to bugs and glitches, to senseless changes, they are doing a horrible job. They ruined Halo for so many that kids who loved it originally moved on to something else because they would not give 343 any more of their hard earned money because they don't care about the Halo community. They add a few changes to Halo 5 (which I no longer play) and you all will start talking about how 343 is so great, it's absurd.
Flexite wrote:
They ruined Halo kid I would've preferred them not make any more Halo games to be honest.They had all the time they needed kid be quiet they sold MCC in an unplayable state and this game with extreme lack of content, no one has the patience for people showing laziness when they are spending their money.
Why is everyone a kid to you? ... You must be like in your 60's or something to consider all of us kids...

Grandpa playing halo 5 over here :P
Flexite wrote:
Flexite wrote:
Good for you kid
really? this doesnt even contribute to ANY conversation... i give up on this forum. 343i doesnt even care to read this idiocracy. and i dont blame them, they get no real information from most of these posts, because all they are is people either flame/trolling 343i as a developer or flame/trolling someone on the forum for disagreeing with their OPINION about the direction of the franchise.

Go back to 4chan and troll there.
Flexite wrote:
I see some of you on here have some sense. The fanboys that won't allow you to criticize or say anything bad about 343 are brainwashed. 343 has been serving up mediocrity since Halo 4 and some of you still aren't tired of it yet? From lack of content, to bugs and glitches, to senseless changes, they are doing a horrible job. They ruined Halo for so many that kids who loved it originally moved on to something else because they would not give 343 any more of their hard earned money because they don't care about the Halo community. They add a few changes to Halo 5 (which I no longer play) and you all will start talking about how 343 is so great, it's absurd.
There's a difference between criticizing and then just making false statements and insulting people. Calling 343 "lazy, arrogant, money grabbers" isn't constructive criticism that helps improve the game. You've yet to even say what you dislike about current halo and what they could improve upon, all you've done is insult insult and insult.
Fox Olive wrote:
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
first off: at a similar time of launch, reach and 4 had around the same amount of game modes. At this point, neither had infection (just a side note).
Secondly: Spartan Ops was one of the most widely discouraged things from 4. Not very many people played it AT THE TIME. And thus, it was removed.
Third: We do have daily wins, but I'll caveat that one to you, even though thats not really a halo thing.
As for the re-used assets, please tell me how many unique assets the other games had? Like a skybox isn't going to be re-used? an odd thing to complain about, right? As for the home base, garage, etc, it would stand to say that modern buildings, now and in the future are almost cookie cutter things. Especially Foward Operating bases in the military, they aren't designed to look pretty or unique, they are meant to be put up and used effectively. Sure this is a game, and we can throw realism away, but let's be honest, you should never be in your own base and if each base was different, we'd have a whole nother issue on our hands.
Your argument is weak. This was the core modes in Reach at launch and 4.

Reach:
Big Team Battles
Rumble Pit
Invasion
Multi-Team
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Fire Fight

Halo 4:

• Infinity Slayer.
  • Big Team Infinity Slayer.
  • Regicide.
  • Oddball.
  • Capture the Flag.
  • Flood.
  • Dominion.
  • Extraction.
As for the rest... it's just opinion.
Fox Olive wrote:
This forum is full of idiots
and you aren't contributing to the conversation.
no one is at this point. this thread needs to be deleted.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15