4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Sorry man but there is just simply no excusing a game that is this barren of features
three years......they had three years and the game launched without btb forge theatre file share (still don't have a decent working one) and the list goes on and on
maybe you can defend that, but I can't

but it he it's ok because they are going to give us all the things they removed from halo back to us as "free dlc"
I can't say that three years was enough time to put every feature we want in the game and I don't think you can either. I don't know how large the team is nor do I know how long these things take but it probably takes longer building a game for a newer system before it's even released as opposed to one you already have experience with.

I don't mind as long as we do get all the features in a timely manner and don't have to pay for them. The alternative would have been waiting for the "complete" game until later this year. I'd rather play now and get extras down the road.
I think that's where you and many others differ. I think most people would rather have a feature complete game at a later point than a barren one sooner. First impressions are everything and releasing a barren game isn't good for business or longevity.
I'm not so sure. I'm perfectly OK with a delayed game if that's what it takes but I don't know about everyone else. Forge was a hot topic for being delayed so why wouldn't halo? A lot of people would lose their -Yoink- and then say 343 can't launch a game on time (which I'm OK with if that's what it takes for game to be great).
Doesn't matter what people say about it being delayed. Nobody's gonna choose to not buy it because it was delayed and the game would only benefit from it. As I said in another post, first impressions are everything. Releasing a barren game early as opposed to a content pack game later only hurts 343/MS in the long run and leaves plenty of fans unsatisfied.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
Rushed? No this game is a mess, lack of content, poorly don't in every aspect. Not done well at all. There is a reason this game is dying and so many people are talking about it and it's 343's fault.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
Rushed? No this game is a mess, lack of content, poorly don't in every aspect. Not done well at all. There is a reason this game is dying and so many people are talking about it and it's 343's fault.
FORGE WAS BUGGY!!! where have you been, they're multiple threads complaining that if you die you LOSE ALL YOUR -Yoink-!!
I can't believe I am about to say this but... (deep breath)... I think I'm going back to playing Destiny again. I have - since this game's launch - abandoned Destiny completely as I was hoping Halo, my all time favorite FPS, would come back to form. I was expecting that vibrant community of competitive gamers of yore (Halo 2) and that this would be the culmination of so many years of trial and error where the franchise would finally give us that "wow, this is it" feel.

Yet I stand here before you utterly disappointed about the lack of innovative content and mechanical execution. Here are a few examples (mainly focused on mechanics):

- random session disconnects (so much for dedicated servers)
- No option to turn off aim assist (really grinds my gears when a target is one shot and their teammate runs in front of him just to have my aim auto track them instead)
- the fact that Forge wasn't available from the start and you can't play custom maps without adding the creator as friend (WTF?)
- common inability to fetch CSR stats post game (assuming achieved progression is lost in these cases)
- Warzone sessions where you are unable to purchase REQs so can only use initial loadout (AR and Magnum)
- NO MAP VOTING! so you get stuck playing the same friggin map 3 times in a row
- no challenges (daily, weekly, etc.)
- inability to to report unsupportive players from within interface (such as when you have an -Yoink- teammate spartan charging you while you are trying to use REQ terminal and can't even kill the -Yoink- cuz friendly fire is off).
- Inability to customize appearance while session is loading as your spartan avatar randomly disappears
- No streamlined way of checking global player standings (need to reply on 3rd party services such as Halo Tracker but these tend to be inaccurate) so can't tell if you are placed #1000th or #100,000th.

You see a pattern here? One would figure that by this 5th core story installment, these sort of kinks would have been ironed out by now. Hope springs eternal so I truly hope these issues get addressed promptly.
Its really a shame. I dont know if its just the climate of AAA games, the industry as a whole, 343, Microsoft, mismanagement of funds but this franchise is dying. I got Halo 5 for Christmas and its already stale. So many gripes with this game, all have been addressed in forums, none have been acknowledged or addressed by devs is any meaningful way. Wish I wouldn't have gotten reinvested in this franchise.
343 are doing fine, it might turn out they are trying to get the fans ideas or maybe make Halo 5 have on going frequent updates.

BE PATIENT!

We would not be playing Halo if they didn't make it so cut them some slack!
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Not just that but eden and empire are the exact same map except for one or 2 bridges. Just like how regret and truth are the exact same map except for 2 walls
Also overgrowth and plaza are essentially the same map also
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
all you guys arguing lol

at the end of the day H5 is a flop due to poor content and microtransactions

I probably played less than 100 games of Halo 5, and never beat the campaign. You wouldn't believe that statement if you knew what a Halo fan I was.

I hate REQ's, they ruin armour progression and character customization. They literally server zero purpose other than to suck additional money from the player base, that is not subjective. The justification was free DLC, which seemed alright, but at the end of the day the free DLC is junk, in fact it's just more REQ's really, which it seems is where all of the development team was focuses, which ultimately is why H5 has very little content. The maps have also been meh, re skinned, remixes, has anything original been released? Oh right, a new Warzone map which I have never played on - I did try Warzone like 5 times to get this map but no luck.
Paid DLC is much preferred if this is 343i vision for the future of their playerbase. I'd like to know I'm getting a complete retail game, then know there is planned DLC, what it will be, and when it will be released and that it will be quality stuff built from the ground up, rather than REQ's designed for me to spend additional money.

The lack of features is also pathetic, and it's not subjective. This game has the least amount to do in it of any Halo game minus ODST and a broken MCC. It's plain boring, and griding for random REQ's is also incredibly boring. There is nothing good about this game except for the core game play which they nailed, so good job there.

Story is also a mess, and it BORING as well. It's boring because nobody can understand it, at least nobody I know in real life.

This game, was a disappointment through and through. Probably deserves a 7.5/10, but it's a Halo game, a system seller, it's beyond pathetic.

Meh...3 flops for 343i now, I have zero trust they can deliver a quality product.

3flops43 Industries
Syntherios wrote:
I just find it odd that Halo 4 had so much stuff packed into it (every popular Halo gametype, a solid, coherent campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge at launch) yet Halo 5 is dry as a bone. The campaign was a half-baked mess, no Infection/Grifball/KOTH/Assault/etc., no PvE mode a la Firefight or SpOps, and an overcomplicated, bug-filled Forge that wasn't even ready at launch. Three years of development time? I CAN'T TELL.
They need Elon Musk on their butt's giving them absurd deadlines and telling them "It can't be done" is never an option. Imagine the game we would have?!
While I agree that at launch, the game had a lack of multiplayer content, 343 is releasing free DLC (and one the best forges so far). That's more than Bungie did. And despite content issues, the game (at least to me and plenty of others on these forums) is seriously fun to play and is getting better with more REQs and content all the time. Personally I think this game is so far better than Reach in terms of gameplay and pure "fun factor."
As for being disrespectful, 343 has done an excellent job of building on the expanded universe through the games, novels and other content, while being respectful of the fans at the same time I mean, look at the weekly Canon Fodder series: answering questions from fans and introducing new elements into canon and previewing upcoming materiel. Pretty great.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you don't like it and don't want to play, by all means. But I think 343 has done great and taken risks that overall, have improved the game. Sure, some may not like what the risks entail, but we don't want a perpetually unchanging franchise like Call of Duty do we? Kudos to them for being willing to take risks and stand by it despite fans that both appreciate it and vice versa.
all you guys arguing lol

at the end of the day H5 is a flop due to poor content and microtransactions

I probably played less than 100 games of Halo 5, and never beat the campaign. You wouldn't believe that statement if you knew what a Halo fan I was.

I hate REQ's, they ruin armour progression and character customization. They literally server zero purpose other than to suck additional money from the player base, that is not subjective. The justification was free DLC, which seemed alright, but at the end of the day the free DLC is junk, in fact it's just more REQ's really, which it seems is where all of the development team was focuses, which ultimately is why H5 has very little content. The maps have also been meh, re skinned, remixes, has anything original been released? Oh right, a new Warzone map which I have never played on - I did try Warzone like 5 times to get this map but no luck.
Paid DLC is much preferred if this is 343i vision for the future of their playerbase. I'd like to know I'm getting a complete retail game, then know there is planned DLC, what it will be, and when it will be released and that it will be quality stuff built from the ground up, rather than REQ's designed for me to spend additional money.

The lack of features is also pathetic, and it's not subjective. This game has the least amount to do in it of any Halo game minus ODST and a broken MCC. It's plain boring, and griding for random REQ's is also incredibly boring. There is nothing good about this game except for the core game play which they nailed, so good job there.

Story is also a mess, and it BORING as well. It's boring because nobody can understand it, at least nobody I know in real life.

This game, was a disappointment through and through. Probably deserves a 7.5/10, but it's a Halo game, a system seller, it's beyond pathetic.

Meh...3 flops for 343i now, I have zero trust they can deliver a quality product.

3flops43 Industries
MicroTs in one game mode not affecting the rest of the game doesn't ruin it. It's also something we can earn without paying for:)

I agree in lack of playlists/game modes

I agree on campaign as well, IMO it's the worst

So have you even tried playing anything in arena by chance? Cuz it seems all you've played is warzone, and if you're going to complain about one gamemode then....... I just don't know.........

7.5 seems rather high for someone not having any trust in 343 or calling the game pathetic. 7.5 would be a game slightly above average. Far from pathetic IMO.
file browser was really bad, people download forgers maps before they publish it then they publish it and pass it off as their own
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
Sorry man but there is just simply no excusing a game that is this barren of features
three years......they had three years and the game launched without btb forge theatre file share (still don't have a decent working one) and the list goes on and on
maybe you can defend that, but I can't

but it he it's ok because they are going to give us all the things they removed from halo back to us as "free dlc"
Fair enough, but continuously flooding the forums with the same rhetoric over and over and over isn't going to get them to fix any of these issues faster.

And yea, I 110% agree they need to follow in the footsteps of Halo 3 when it comes to the innovation of Theater, Forge, and File Sharing. Not to mention Custom Game features. Yes, I agree, they have seemed to be very lazy in their development process, and their lack of community communication doesn't help either.

My main concern right now is the GOD-AWFUL control scheme of Forge. Good grief they couldn't at least let us customize the button layout? Why didn't they take the Halo 3/4/Reach controls and add the extra features? Where is the UNDO feature that has been asked for since Forge saw life? Why didn't they add AI to Forge? Again a feature asked about since Halo 3 Forge. Why does it take a modding community to add features to a game ESPECIALLY when developers SEE these mods and the potential success that they would add to the game?

I agree, the game is FAR from finished, but like I said, they are WORKING ON IT. They do in fact read the forums, and they do know what the players are asking, but it doesn't help matters when a bunch of crybabies come to the forums complaining about OTHER players' behavior (quitting) or things that have been mentioned MANY MANY times over (Custom GameTypes, Ranking system fixes, weapon nerfing, the list goes on).

I can just look at the front page of this forum and see numerous threads about the same topics.
the forge controls are great. i actually prefer them over the clunky old ones. in fact, EVERYTHING about forge in Halo 5 is better IMO i wouldnt talk about things like AI so easily. AI is VERY complicated
file browser was really bad, people download forgers maps before they publish it then they publish it and pass it off as their own
I know its possible but is there proof that anyone's actually done it? And again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just want proof to feed my curiosity.
Ok guys, seriously?

They had three years, thats plenty of time.
There is a lot that goes into creating a REAL AAA title
I keep finding (or hallucinating) reasons to keep hanging on. I enjoy the gameplay a LOT, but this day in age gamers aren't to be taken as morons - people don't just want a game, they want support for it. I enjoy both warzone and breakout the most - competitive gameplay and gameplay that combines elements i love about BTB all while implementing parts of the nonMP halo universe. The req system is insulting on one end but i do like not having to scramble and butt heads with teammates for power weapons and vehicles (I often get betrayed for snipers and rockets in holiday social).

•Lack of a medals list in post game (still) and no list explaining new medals
•broken scriptings and groupings in forge
•broken spawns in forge
•lack of content in forge despite the release date (sounds, only white decals, not including environments and structures for community members re recreate established classics)••
•NO CLASSIC MAPS - NOT EVEN REIMAGINED VERSIONS
•vehicle boarding is a joke
•why can't we shoot the doors off tanks anymore and snipe the drivers?
•where's firefight?!?! heavily Ai influenced gamemode but NO FIREFIGHT?!
•missing game modes and playlists (assault, ricochet, flood, oddball, griff, juggernaut, race) - they don't all need to be MP/competitive, just include them for customs!
•horrible color choices for spartan customization (no classic OD/olive, no true white, no true black, no alternate emblem option, stuck with their color combos)
•may never see the req weapons in forge/customs since people will be able to use them without paying for them - even though you DON'T get xp or req points in customs

And the holy grail....
• Doesn't release forge at launch, cool - i can get that, i want a good forge as an avid forger - but then they release forged maps (while forge isn't available) as 'free content updates' when people would have very well made headlong on their own. such a horrible shortcut it blows my mind, and it's an insult to halo2 to just FORGE one of the most unique big team maps instead of actually paying developers to MODEL AND TEXTURE a REAL map instead of RELEASING A FORGED MAP THAT WAS MOST LIKELY A RESULT OF BETA TESTING.
Fireboy wrote:
Halo 5 is good.
Just wait and it will be better cut 343 some slack and just play Halo.
I think the community is done with the slack. You see the same type of complaints and issues that have started back in the Halo 4 days, really came to light with MCC (Which is still a cluster) and now the same types of issues here. People are about done with Slack. Sad but true...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15