Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Stop Halfassing it 343

OP Vash 743

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15
file browser was really bad, people download forgers maps before they publish it then they publish it and pass it off as their own
I know its possible but is there proof that anyone's actually done it? And again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just want proof to feed my curiosity.
i don't have proof that it has been done in H5, but with how they have it set up it's going to happen. Fortunately you can only see maps of your friends - so only your friends are to blame if your map gets yoinked. NO original author label/edited by label, i'm surprised you can't upload a screenshot of the map to use as the map pic - this is newgen after all, every map you work on (even if it isn't finished) is available for download on your share. They need to make it so your shared file list are files that you have to publish, decide to put there, instead of having anything you touch immediately saved in your file share.

may people understand we point things like these out because we love halo and want it to be great again.

The custom games potential is the strongest in this release out of any release so far in the halo universe, and for that i still tip my hat to them. Now for their streamlined minimal-cost/investment support for MP a the moment, i say shame on them.
A lot of the things mentioned in this thread bother me too...I still love to play, though, and will continue to for a long time I'm sure. The REQ grind is getting tiresome, though...

Does 343 have some kind of community outreach program or tester/feedback that we can get involved in? I'm not having much luck finding out how to engage with them in a meaningful way...
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and every garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
They will be adding dlc every month though.
They are getti lazy
That's what happens when a company cares more about the competitive -Yoink- instead of the actual fun
II Cxstle wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Quoted for truth.
Three years dev time and what to show? Every area of the game is lacking.
I Wish we received a studio which actually cared for the franchise and fans.
I wish Bungie was back. T-T
i'd love to know what they do in that office on a daily basis. Is it just meeting after meeting on how to sell more req packs?
Meta11ic7 wrote:
II Cxstle wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Quoted for truth.
Three years dev time and what to show? Every area of the game is lacking.
I Wish we received a studio which actually cared for the franchise and fans.
I wish Bungie was back. T-T
Have you seen what they have done with Destiny? Please god no. With the direction that has taken they would've ruined Halo even more.
I agree that 343 has been lackadaisically putting this online multi-player experience together. Many of the maps are just replicasof each other and only slightly changed. This has never been apart of any halo game. The forge has been a disaster, I've spent hours creating maps only to find out I'm unable to work on them more than once. The online experience hasn't been up to par lately with too many glitches, lack of original playlists and butchery of the ranking system. The game has its upsides but the downsides have been more prevalent recently. Make up your minds and create more permanent original playlists, enough of this holiday nonsense.
alxDunker wrote:
Meta11ic7 wrote:
II Cxstle wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
Quoted for truth.
Three years dev time and what to show? Every area of the game is lacking.
I Wish we received a studio which actually cared for the franchise and fans.
I wish Bungie was back. T-T
Have you seen what they have done with Destiny? Please god no. With the direction that has taken they would've ruined Halo even more.
We would get monthly DLC for $60. Bungie isn't the same as it used to.
CozyBoyLeo wrote:
They are getti lazy
To true, the Req system is one of the most evident examples of this, what was I thinking, they've created a brilliant and in depth forge...BUT THERE'S NO REAL WAY TO SHARE YOUR CREATIONS GOD DAMN IT...

Whoa...almost lost my cool there. but seriously..enough talk because as we all know, it's cheap.

I feel like everyone got caught up in the multiplayer that they forgot that there is a whole community out there and are now patching rather than fixing their problems while giving "free" content to quell the masses. this comes across as insulting to me and it would be more acceptable for them to say "hey we know we screwed up here but if you could bare with us we will try to get this fixed".

They are supposed to be listening to us but for some reason I think a filter is keeping any negative criticism or even constructive opinions from reaching them...that or they're ignoring it all thinking they've created gold from lead here.
Fox Olive wrote:
Erik L wrote:
If I could describe 343i with a single word, that word would be "lazy" everything about their games H4 MCC H5, all of it just feels lazy
I think of them more as disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the franchise, and disrespectful to the fans. They come off like they truly do not care about anything negative their actions may cause. I'm not exaggerating... to me, 343 only cares about money. They are willing to lie to people to get money out of them, with no care for any lack of quality or negative experience they create.
If 343 were legally allowed to create an option within Halo 5 that said "Click here to pay $10 and get split-screen option!" and all it did was permanently delete H5 from your hard drive and destroy any inserted disc, and if it had no impact on REQ pack and Halo 6 sales, they'd do it.
There's seriously no integrity at all. They do whatever makes the most money, with no other factors considered.
Slow clap for you sir. Couldn't of said it better myself.
You could have not said anything and contributed as much to the conversation.

But in all honestly, I disagree with both of you. When have they lied? Also, disrespectful, to US, you AND me, the fans? They didn't release a half -Yoinked!- forged, like some Halo's did. Also, you do realize, at the same timeframe Halo 4 and Reach had about the same amount of content. And don't forget, we had to pay for Spartan Ops and DLC. As for Reach, that multiplayer was a bit of a mess, fun, but a mess. So take off your nostalgia goggles, and look at Halo 5 objectively. A slightly rushed (by Microsoft, not 343) Halo game, pretty well done, but wanting in the game mode area. Thats about it, right?
When have they lied?
After the launch of Halo 4, people complained that Fileshare was't working. 343i told us that they were working on it, and that it would arrive in a few weeks. After a few weeks, they said it would be in another week, then December, then the following year.

Next, after people had asked for ranks in Halo 4, 343i announced that CSR would be put into halo 4, cleverly wording it so that it wasn't clear whether it would be in-game or not. Finally, after months of people asking for clarification, 343i admitted that CSR would not actually be in Halo 4. When asked why, they first claimed that it was due to UI limitations. Later they said it was because it promotes cheating and account selling.

343i also advertised that DLC cosmetics from the Champions Bundle would work in all areas of the game. It wasn't until after the game was updated with the new content and people started to run into issues that 343i explained that the new content would not work in Spartan Ops. When asked why this was the case, and why it no one was told ahead of time, 343i went dark for about a month before telling everyone that the Xbox 360 didn't have enough RAM.

They said that theater support for campaign was removed because they ran out of time, and that it would have been too much work to put it in after release. However, players dug into the game's code and found that campaign theater was present and functional, but simply had a few bugs that needed to be worked out.

Also, 343i advertised Halo The Master Chief Collection as having all of the content and features of all four games, yet upon release players discovered a number of features that had been removed, wholly aside from the fact that the game was a broken disaster.

There aren't many instances that can be pointed to where 343i has lied outright, but they have certainly showed a propensity for being very cavalier with the truth.

As for content, Halo Reach launched with more content that any other Halo game to date. Spartan Ops was released for free a short time after Halo 4's release.
cabr00kie wrote:
That's what happens when a company cares more about the competitive -Yoink- instead of the actual fun
Bro...I hate to break it to you but this game isn't very competitive lol.
I'm not upset that they released half a game I'm upset that they haven't told us a credible reason why we got only half a game. All the complaining and criticism could be stopped if they just talk to us.
all you guys arguing lol

at the end of the day H5 is a flop due to poor content and microtransactions

I probably played less than 100 games of Halo 5, and never beat the campaign. You wouldn't believe that statement if you knew what a Halo fan I was.

I hate REQ's, they ruin armour progression and character customization. They literally server zero purpose other than to suck additional money from the player base, that is not subjective. The justification was free DLC, which seemed alright, but at the end of the day the free DLC is junk, in fact it's just more REQ's really, which it seems is where all of the development team was focuses, which ultimately is why H5 has very little content. The maps have also been meh, re skinned, remixes, has anything original been released? Oh right, a new Warzone map which I have never played on - I did try Warzone like 5 times to get this map but no luck.
Paid DLC is much preferred if this is 343i vision for the future of their playerbase. I'd like to know I'm getting a complete retail game, then know there is planned DLC, what it will be, and when it will be released and that it will be quality stuff built from the ground up, rather than REQ's designed for me to spend additional money.

The lack of features is also pathetic, and it's not subjective. This game has the least amount to do in it of any Halo game minus ODST and a broken MCC. It's plain boring, and griding for random REQ's is also incredibly boring. There is nothing good about this game except for the core game play which they nailed, so good job there.

Story is also a mess, and it BORING as well. It's boring because nobody can understand it, at least nobody I know in real life.

This game, was a disappointment through and through. Probably deserves a 7.5/10, but it's a Halo game, a system seller, it's beyond pathetic.

Meh...3 flops for 343i now, I have zero trust they can deliver a quality product.

3flops43 Industries
MicroTs in one game mode not affecting the rest of the game doesn't ruin it. It's also something we can earn without paying for:)

I agree in lack of playlists/game modes

I agree on campaign as well, IMO it's the worst

So have you even tried playing anything in arena by chance? Cuz it seems all you've played is warzone, and if you're going to complain about one gamemode then....... I just don't know.........

7.5 seems rather high for someone not having any trust in 343 or calling the game pathetic. 7.5 would be a game slightly above average. Far from pathetic IMO.
The game is good, no doubt there. It's just not great, and we demand greatness for Halo bro! Yeah I played a lot of Arena, it's fun stuff. I'm just complaining about what's not fun, and that's armour customization and playing the same lifeless uninspired maps over and over again, while wishing we had some of the old gametypes/features from previous games. It's pathetic for the flag ship title or Xbox and a Halo game. I guess I'm still going through the acceptance phase of the Halo decline.
Why is forge a constant guessing game on when it is going to work and when it's not. It should not be an online thing that will kick you out of the match for no reason at all. I myself spent more time on halo forge in the past because it ran smoothly in past halo games at launch. You need to understand the custom games community has been here way longer and has been one of the main reason halo is still even being made. Race and infection are two of the most played game types, and 343 is just Yoinking! on both of those communities. There needs to be a change from 343 in this next update to show if they have what it takes to keep people like me and other who play mostly custom games still playing and buying there games.
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Totally agree there wasn't allot of multiplayer modes
What baffles me is that 343i spent 3 years working on this game but out of all the Halo games, this one has the least amount of content. It's missing playlists such as Infection and Oddball, it's missing Firefight/Spartan Ops, it has no daily/weekly/monthly challenges, many of the maps are just remixes and forge creations, and tons of the game assets are re-used (the home base, the armoury, and the garage in Warzone, and other things like the skybox in Eden/Empire).
Totally agree there wasn't allot of multiplayer modes
Ok guys, seriously?

Give them some -Yoinking!- TIME to do their work. Stop continuously -Yoinking!- about the same thing over and over. THEY GET IT. and they are probably sorting things out for the next build.

STOP BEING -Yoinks!- AND LEARN PATIENCE. it is a very rare virtue now days it seems. especially with the younger generations and their understanding that information is mere thumb-taps away.
people act like its so damn easy to add things to a game have any of you actually looked at what goes into a game from the code and to testing to make sure everything functions the way it should each and every time you start up the game,so like this guy said above me you people who are complaining that dont know yoink about the process of building a game just sit there and be happy with what we do have and be patient and be thankful you are getting these free DLC and before you say well the stuff we got should have been their from the start that goes for any damn game that comes out its all been cut from the original game get over it, so good day.
NEWS FLASH BUNGI GOT LAZY LOOK AT REACH, ALMOST EVERY MAP WAS ALSO FORGE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15