Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Stop putting recon DMRs on Big Team maps.

OP The Kerminater

I will never understand this.

WHY are we giving DMRs a 2x reflex sight on BIG TEAM maps? The 3x scope is like half the point of the DMR, especially when it's on a map that's big enough to actually support that scope. Yet it seems like 75% of the time the DMR shows up in arena it has the damn BR sight. That's so odd to me.

And if you want to give it a 2x sight, why not the COG sight? It actually looks attractive and serves a secondary gameplay purpose, and you clearly spent a bunch of time making it only for it to never show up anywhere. Honestly if I could have my way I would make it replace the recon sight full-time. It looks like a proper successor to the Halo 4 BR's sight and it should have been the standard from day one instead of the hideous, Covenant-looking, out-of-place thing we got.

WHY are we giving DMRs a 2x reflex sight on BIG TEAM maps? The 3x scope is like half the point of the DMR, especially when it's on a map that's big enough to actually support that scope. Yet it seems like 75% of the time the DMR shows up in arena it has the damn BR sight. That's so odd to me.

And if you want to give it a 2x sight, why not the COG sight? It actually looks attractive and serves a secondary gameplay purpose, and you clearly spent a bunch of time making it only for it to never show up anywhere. Honestly if I could have my way I would make it replace the recon sight full-time. It looks like a proper successor to the Halo 4 BR's sight and it should have been the standard from day one instead of the hideous, Covenant-looking, out-of-place thing we got.
Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. All I can really think of is to balance between the power the DMR offers, but even then.... Why on Big Team maps? I can understand Arena and it'd be like a mini Power Weapon, but Big Team?? No sense.

On the note of the COG Scope, they decided to make it a Lv8 thing on the DMR in Warzone too. So you never really see it be used since why use that over Sound Dampener or Bayonet? :/
The COG Scope was pretty cool, if alternate scopes return in Infinite I hope the COG returns as well.
Sylxeria wrote:

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. All I can really think of is to balance between the power the DMR offers, but even then.... Why on Big Team maps? I can understand Arena and it'd be like a mini Power Weapon, but Big Team?? No sense.

On the note of the COG Scope, they decided to make it a Lv8 thing on the DMR in Warzone too. So you never really see it be used since why use that over Sound Dampener or Bayonet? :/
The COG Scope was pretty cool, if alternate scopes return in Infinite I hope the COG returns as well.
It is for people like me who know how to use a 2x in BTB, simple.
Sylxeria wrote:

Yeah you're not special. Not like it's hard.

Just saying it's out of theme and kind of nonsensical.
Sylxeria wrote:

Yeah you're not special. Not like it's hard.

Just saying it's out of theme and kind of nonsensical.
Um, I don't remember saying I was special. If its not hard why are you complaining? It was a joke btw, Ik it is hard to tell online though.
Makes more sense to the scope that's got 4x-6x zoom scattered around. Or to have a barrel attachment like stablisers or long barrel to compensate for the lower scope range
I hate when BR's and AR's have stupid sights like the Carbine sight and the light rifle sights but some big team maps are close quarters and it depends on what your DMR play style is.