Stop Whining about the Falcon

OP EliteWarrior600

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18

I don't get all the hate for not having the Falcon in this next update. So many people complain about 343 only bringing back old modes and weapons and skins ect. in the updates as "new content", so then 343 makes an actual new item in a variant for the Phaeton (which was the only vehicle without a variant up until this point), and people freak out about it not being a Falcon. I get its Memories of Reach, but come on...... its not the end of the world. The Falcon in all honesty is a mediocre vehicle. It would get shredded in Halo 5's sandbox. Plus, you all who complain like babies about it don't realize that they cant design, test, balance and polish a new vehicle into the sandbox in month's time, you're crazy. This update is about the armor, infection, and all the fun custom games that will be made from them. That is the ultra memory of Reach for me, playing custom games with my friends for hours and hours. I'm happy I can recapture even some of that with this update, Not a silly Falcon.
Variants are not "new".
I think this whole thing is hilarious. I already knew it wouldnt be and it being a phaeton is what I kinda predicted. I kinda know what is all in the next update now .

343 should have messed with people and called the phaeton a Phaelcon
Thank you.
No body wanted a new phaton by what I gathered. It is so easy to be brought down and you barley see one being flown around... Ever. Almost everyone was hoping for some flying UNSC vehicle. And with memories of reach, a lot of us were thinking that this was the perfect time to drop something like that.
RazGrizzly wrote:
Variants are not "new".
Okay, but its based on a brand new vehicle to Halo as a universe. That's what I meant. The Falcon is not NEW, it's not exciting, nor is it even that good. The new Phaeton is what I'm looking for in these updates, new content. Something we haven't used before in other Halo games, like Jorges Machine gun
I think its reasonable for people to complain. The updates is literally called Memories of Reach and outside of the Armor and Jorges Turret. There is nothing Majorly Reach here. Brute Plasma Rifle from Halo 2. Phaeton from Halo 5. A reskin of a DLC Halo 5 map (which means we are getting DLC based off of DLC.) Like i understand that a Falcon wouldnt fit in the sandbox. But what about a Revenant? Or how about a remake of a Reach Map?
Cheezity wrote:
I think its reasonable for people to complain. The updates is literally called Memories of Reach and outside of the Armor and Jorges Turret. There is nothing Majorly Reach here. Brute Plasma Rifle from Halo 2. Phaeton from Halo 5. A reskin of a DLC Halo 5 map (which means we are getting DLC based off of DLC.) Like i understand that a Falcon wouldnt fit in the sandbox. But what about a Revenant? Or how about a remake of a Reach Map?
Who said the update would be completely all reach? I'm sorry, I understand gamers get upset, but this one is on the gamers, not 343.
RazGrizzly wrote:
Variants are not "new".
I guess new game modes aren't new either being how most are variations of other game modes ;)
Cheezity wrote:
No, its definitely not unreasonable, but there is so much more going into these updates than what's on the surface which makes the game better, like UI updates, sandbox weapon balance, ect. Hard to do all of the things the community is asking for, and what they already planned. These aren't slaves, they are just people doing the best job they can. For people to literally be saying 343i is the worst company ever or saying death threats over a stupid vehicle is so asinine, I can't even comprehend it
I've said it before, I'm loving watching everyone riot over this. People complained about Post Game medals, now we're getting them. People complained about Infection, now we're getting it. People complained about the Speed Boost Spartan Charge, now it's being taken away.

But a Falcon that was never promised to be in here and everyone loses their minds.

There's a reason no one takes Waypoint seriously.
Once again, the community over hypes another update and it "falls flat". This "failed update" is all on the Halo community, not 343i.
Cheezity wrote:
Who said the update would be completely all reach? I'm sorry, I understand gamers get upset, but this one is on the gamers, not 343.
Amazing that people actually blame the community for 343's mistakes.

Plus, you all who complain like babies about it don't realize that they cant design, test, balance and polish a new vehicle into the sandbox in month's time, you're crazy.
Updates haven't been monthly since March. They've all been delayed since then, MoR is the April update, and we probably won't get it until the 10th or 11th. So maybe delay for something other than a reskin.
This biggest problem with the whole thing is they used an ONI symbol to cover the Pheoton. They could have done like they've done with all the other blurred reqs. It was a bait and switch at the end of the day. 343 could have difussed the situation early on by stating a falcon wasn't coming or blurring the req but the ONI symbol and the have bravo and uynshek posting around here is what stings.
Irobot500 wrote:
Cheezity wrote:
No, this one is actually on the community lol. I'd do. Little digging around before you just assume that I blame the community only and never criticize 343. I'm saying "this time" it is the community's fault for the fallout as they're the ones who started it.
A phaeton skin is not new, a falcon return is new in the sense that halo 5 doesn't have one at all.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Irobot500 wrote:
Cheezity wrote:
Amazing that you think 343 made a mistake at all
Irobot500 wrote:
Cheezity wrote:
no reach maps no unsc flying vehicles. But wait, why were the falcon and hornet removed again??
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18