1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. ...
  8. 18
I like the update. not the best, but its up there. I what everything in it, though. is that weird?

I don't get all the hate for not having the Falcon in this next update. So many people complain about 343 only bringing back old modes and weapons and skins ect. in the updates as "new content", so then 343 makes an actual new item in a variant for the Phaeton (which was the only vehicle without a variant up until this point), and people freak out about it not being a Falcon. I get its Memories of Reach, but come on...... its not the end of the world. The Falcon in all honesty is a mediocre vehicle. It would get shredded in Halo 5's sandbox. Plus, you all who complain like babies about it don't realize that they cant design, test, balance and polish a new vehicle into the sandbox in month's time, you're crazy. This update is about the armor, infection, and all the fun custom games that will be made from them. That is the ultra memory of Reach for me, playing custom games with my friends for hours and hours. I'm happy I can recapture even some of that with this update, Not a silly Falcon.
you're exactly right, it's not the end of the world, however that's not the point, and not why people are frustrated. It's a poor/questionable decision. I'm going to make another thread about the quantity of money I would pay to sit in on creative decision making meetings at 343.... they love to say how they listen to the community, yet I have only seen a small fraction of posts about the phaeton (obviously I don't have exact statistics) versus posts about the falcon. In a REACH themed update it would make perfect sense, but once again 343 logic is taking over. I don't actually care, I don't play vehicles in warzone and I don't play infection but I m 1000% behind the decision to add infection in, should have been from the start. I want the community to be happy, and the pure audacity of covering the phaeton with an oni symbol is short sided, foolish, and a huge opportunity missed, as well as a bait and switch act to generate hype. Certain things I'm ecstatic about in this update (infection for fans, armors are great, and PGCR medals) but to me it's like they think we're too stupid to realize what they did. And to be honest, IMO the biggest problem with this update isn't any of that, it's the remixed Torque map, stasis. I hate remixes, the only one that is decent is Truth, which is a remake from halo 2 to make it fit with halo 5 sandbox.... choosing to remix a mediocre map instead of a favorite Reach map is mind boggling. Even a sword base remake, which is the map I hate most on this earth except for overgrowth, would have been better than an h5 remix. It feels like they're milking their assets already created for profit/time saving instead of taking time to deliver quality updates. I like the free update via REQ revenue in theory, but I would rather wait 2 months (or 3, or 5) for thoughtful content as opposed to reused and recycled material that 343 lovers will preach about every month.

I mean this post as a discussion point, not as a criticism or argument with you OP - I think some few of you fellow halo fans will agree. The target audience for this is 343i itself #343i #please #respondtoyourfans #phaelcon
I'm not disappointing with getting a Phaeton instead of a falcon, I'm upset in the way they revealed it :/ They slapped an ONI card over it like it was something classified by ONI intelligence. If they just did the casual blur like they always have, that would have been one thing. This conversation would have been over. But instead they did a hard reveal and it got a lot of hopes up. They never said anything, sure, but the way they did it was just outright wrong and kinda misleading.

No matter what though, I will enjoy this update and am excited for this new Phaeton. It feels like it is gonna be pretty rad. And who knows, maybe they are still misleading us and there really is a Falcon but they are just joshing us. Even if it is unlikely, maybe one day we will get a UNSC vehicle.

Again, still gonna enjoy this update regardless.
I was actually hoping we would get the Needle Rifle and the REAL NOBLE Six armor instead of the ugly Decimator. I don't know why people are complaining about not having the Falcon. I mean it's going to be easy to destroy it. Grab a sniper and shoot the driver, or just grab a Spartan Laser. If 343 were to add it, they would need heavy armor on it.
this isn't even really a reach update it is gunskins and armor
Give me what I want
Over it

I don't get all the hate for not having the Falcon in this next update. So many people complain about 343 only bringing back old modes and weapons and skins ect. in the updates as "new content", so then 343 makes an actual new item in a variant for the Phaeton (which was the only vehicle without a variant up until this point), and people freak out about it not being a Falcon. I get its Memories of Reach, but come on...... its not the end of the world. The Falcon in all honesty is a mediocre vehicle. It would get shredded in Halo 5's sandbox. Plus, you all who complain like babies about it don't realize that they cant design, test, balance and polish a new vehicle into the sandbox in month's time, you're crazy. This update is about the armor, infection, and all the fun custom games that will be made from them. That is the ultra memory of Reach for me, playing custom games with my friends for hours and hours. I'm happy I can recapture even some of that with this update, Not a silly Falcon.
Yeah that's true but still the Falcon made it fun for some of us in Reach because it required team work and effort which made it real fun. Plus they can add tons of variants like a scout version like they did with the warthog.
no split screen,and no falcon???!!!!?! WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING
Yo 343, start making (design, testing and all that kind of stuff) a UNSC air vehicle now and release it at the end of the year, that should be enough time. It doesn't have to be a falcon but it would be cool if it was tho, anyway I'm sure the people over at 343 are trying their best to make halo 5 as awesome as it can be. by the way loving forge, Peace out everyone.
MJ Rookie wrote:
I'm not disappointing with getting a Phaeton instead of a falcon, I'm upset in the way they revealed it :/ They slapped an ONI card over it like it was something classified by ONI intelligence. If they just did the casual blur like they always have, that would have been one thing. This conversation would have been over. But instead they did a hard reveal and it got a lot of hopes up. They never said anything, sure, but the way they did it was just outright wrong and kinda misleading.

No matter what though, I will enjoy this update and am excited for this new Phaeton. It feels like it is gonna be pretty rad. And who knows, maybe they are still misleading us and there really is a Falcon but they are just joshing us. Even if it is unlikely, maybe one day we will get a UNSC vehicle.

Again, still gonna enjoy this update regardless.
Ifelt the same, well i didnt care about the falcon i think it could be useless in warzone, but maybe if the next update we get the Hornet...
It would be awesome if they did so anyway.
Irobot500 wrote:
Irobot500 wrote:
Cheezity wrote:
I think its reasonable for people to complain. The updates is literally called Memories of Reach and outside of the Armor and Jorges Turret. There is nothing Majorly Reach here. Brute Plasma Rifle from Halo 2. Phaeton from Halo 5. A reskin of a DLC Halo 5 map (which means we are getting DLC based off of DLC.) Like i understand that a Falcon wouldnt fit in the sandbox. But what about a Revenant? Or how about a remake of a Reach Map?
Who said the update would be completely all reach? I'm sorry, I understand gamers get upset, but this one is on the gamers, not 343.
Amazing that people actually blame the community for 343's mistakes.
Amazing that you think 343 made a mistake at all
It's called a marketing mistake. Anyone with half a brain could predict the outcry that would happen if you have an update called "Memories of Reach" and the only content in the update that actually affects gameplay and is related to Halo Reach is Jorge's chaingun (if it actually has a functional difference from the normal chaingun). They shouldn't have named it after Reach unless they planned on adding numerous real content from Reach like Reach maps/falcon/revenant/grenade launcher/plasma launcher/ focus rifle/ needler rifle/plasma repeater.
Plasma launcher= plasma caster. Plasma repeater= storm rifle. Focus rifle=don't need in h5. Grenade launcher= grenades. Needle rifle= ok you got me this was needed as a whole new design not a reskin of the carbine but hey guess what, we got it. Falcon would be good for customs and that's about it.
I think if they add passenger seats on the phaeton then that would be sweet.
Maps from reach I don't really remember cuz they weren't memorable to me like h1-h3 maps.
Just my opinion. I feel like 343 is trying their best to give us what we want in a 1 month time frame. Maybe hog wild will bring more vehicles or something BUT let's not get hyped.
Infection is here and that is what was the best in reach and h3.
Cheezity wrote:
I think its reasonable for people to complain. The updates is literally called Memories of Reach and outside of the Armor and Jorges Turret. There is nothing Majorly Reach here. Brute Plasma Rifle from Halo 2. Phaeton from Halo 5. A reskin of a DLC Halo 5 map (which means we are getting DLC based off of DLC.) Like i understand that a Falcon wouldnt fit in the sandbox. But what about a Revenant? Or how about a remake of a Reach Map?
Who said the update would be completely all reach? I'm sorry, I understand gamers get upset, but this one is on the gamers, not 343.
It's not that everything is from Reach, it's that -Yoinking!- less that 10% of the update is Reach. And how do you possibly blame the gamers for this?
I bet if you look in halo reach you probably find a phaeton somewhere you watch
Cheezity wrote:
Well there was also plenty of hints dropped about Falcons. For example there was an artwork /screenshot top list that centered only on Falcons recently. That is either A) a sign that a falcon is inbound or B) just really bad reading of the community that is desperately wanting a Falcon.

I am not surprised by this but I will say that I am disappointed. 343 has a lot of stuff to fix and make up for in this Halo game including:

Microtransactions
No Splitscreen
Mediocre Story

A Falcon may not fix those big issues but it would at least placate a large portion of the community. If 343 is reading this which I starting to doubt they are then take note. The past few Halo games have not done as well as they should have. The Halo trademark can only handle so many botched game launches.
Grihaly wrote:
Variants are not "new".
Okay, but its based on a brand new vehicle to Halo as a universe. That's what I meant. The Falcon is not NEW, it's not exciting, nor is it even that good. The new Phaeton is what I'm looking for in these updates, new content. Something we haven't used before in other Halo games, like Jorges Machine gun
In that sense, Then a hawk from halo wars would be cool to have as a UNSC air Vehicle as we've never directly driven it before, and it is just such a cool vehicle, also it would (by looking at it) a lot of fire power and the armour 343 would decide. and also please 343, if you accept my idea , please don't make it a legendary just because its from another halo.
i kinda wanted a hornet, that would do good against the other vehicles i believe
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show

No. We want the falcon. Nuff said
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. ...
  8. 18