Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Sup 343.It's time we bring back the MA5B AR.

OP YummyYummYum

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Sounds like a plan already.60 rounds of juicy AP rounds spewing out at 900 RPM, 15 rounds per second.It's a spray and pray dream come true!

Now, compared to the AR in Halo 4 it looked,sounded, and felt better.Personal opinion sure, but that is how i feel.It took about 20 rounds to kill a spartan roughly and 30 on average.Essentially it is in reality no different than the current AR Halo 4, but instead it didn't feel like a toy.AR stands for Assault Rifle and we get less of the "Assault" part.

In close range you should be able to kill 2-3 players in rapid succession of one another with a single magazine.Otherwise, what's the point.Note that i mentioned "should".Meaning it's possible to do but naturally should be difficult.It need's low aim assist/bullet magnetism, otherwise it just becomes a mindless hold down the trigger waiting for a kill kind of weapon.Low aim assist and bullet magnetism would prevent it from becoming a stale and "Noobish" weapon.

Here's the important part.The AR should stand a chance even outside of its close range niche.Not long range but just barely passable at mid range with good footwork and a good trigger spaz controlling the recoil.In Halo CE i would spaz the trigger fast enough to spam single shot's and win against most things in the sandbox at mid range.Yet it proved worthless with the AR in Halo 4.

The one in H3 was practically a waste of data with how pathetically weak it was.So nothing to mention.

So i ask you 343 to consider returning my beloved MA5B "Assault" Rifle in Halo Xbox One.

For canon just make up a story that makes some sense.

Something like, "Due to the encounter of Prometheans on Requiem, it was found that during combat soldiers were reloading too often during engagements with shielded foes.Often leading to being overrun or pushed back.

Which has made it viable to bring back the MA5B Assault Rifle into service due to it's robust and effective design.Combining it's high rate of fire and large magazine would prove highly effective against future engagements with Promethean's and other possible threats.
".

If you do bring it back the way it was loved the most in the series, just please make it not feel like a toy.Don't forget to make it a viable and realistic choice in multiplayer.Reward skilled usage by making it fairly accurate at reasonable distances when fired in controlled short burst's that could compete with BR or DMR at mid range.Make it an "Assault Rifle" instead of simply an oversized SMG.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
This.

And OP, the pre-patch H4 AR killed with the same amount of bullets as the H3 AR. And the H4 variant is far from weak.
Your canon explanation doesn't make much sense- the Halo 4 AR/SAW already does that
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
If that's the case why even use a BR or DMR? I remember if you where using a AR back in Halo 2-3 you where considered bad......
Honestly, the ar in halo 4 matchmaking is the first iteration for me that really feels like it can stand on its own in multiplayer, albeit restricted to closer encounters. In the other halos, the ar felt more like the placeholder weapon until you could get your hands on the dominant utility weapon for that particular game. If halo x-one keeps the design philosophy similar to halo 4 I'd call it a win for the ar in matchmaking, but I would like to see the halo ce ar come back to the campaign. Halo ce was the only campaign that allowed me to use an assult rifle with a little bit of a skill gap. Yeah the ar had a short range with full and burst fire, but by firing rounds with successive trigger pulls you drastically increase its effectiveness at range.

If you've ever been irritated with the flood's ability to pepper you with at rounds at ranges that seemed much further than what you could do with the ar, it's because they aren't burst firing. The flood fire rounds individually thus negating much of the spread. We know this because every bullet fired from a flood operated ar is a tracer round, which must be a little game quirk since with each trigger pull the game seems to think you are firing that first round again. When you fire it in the same manner, you realize that now all the rounds you fire are tracers as well, and that the distance accuracy is greatly increased. Becoming good with this technique transforms the ar from an inaccurate ammo hog, to a formidable weapon with more uses than close range dismemberment, at least in the campaign. This would be cool if it were to return, but I'm not sure if this kind of thing could translate well to multiplayer, it certainly didn't in halo ce as the pistol would make quick work of you haha even though by "flood firing" at long distances you could consistently pop your human opponent out of their zoom possibly letting you get to cover!
Quote:
Dear Yummy, OP is way too TL;DR.
PSA: Stop posting on the forum with "tl;dr lolol". If you aren't going to read the original posts then don't respond to them. And stop using purple text on black background. The default text is white for a reason.

Anyways, the CE AR was nothing more than an SMG with an AR skin. If you're asking for the SMG back then I don't care either way. But if you want to just slap a 60 round mag on the AR as it exists in Halo 4 then absolutely hell no. We already have a SAW and that's bad enough.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Or you know... 343 can just make a SMG.
Quote:
Or you know... 343 can just make a SMG.
They should make it the M7s while they're at it.
Ok. I'm willing to let go of a lot of things that I enjoyed in Halo 4 in order for others to enjoy Halo 5. Sprint being a good example.

But I can't let anyone take my shiny new MA5D away, that's where I draw the line.
Quote:
Ok. I'm willing to let go of a lot of things that I enjoyed in Halo 4 in order for others to enjoy Halo 5. Sprint being a good example.

But I can't let anyone take my shiny new MA5D away, that's where I draw the line.
It's fun I'll give you that, but the MA37 with the MA5D's power would be easily the best performing and looking Assault Rifle to grace the Halo universe.
From a lore/technological standpoint, the MA5B was cycled out in favor of the MA5C and subsequent MA5D because 1) horrible range at a distance greater than 40 yards and 2) low power vs. shielded infantry. The magazine count was also cut to help lower wear on the magazine spring.

The MA5C has a heavier barrel, improved rifling, and better spring mechanism, making for a stronger, more accurate rifle.

Unless 343 chooses to keep the MA5D, which isn't a bad AR from a gameplay standpoint, they could easily add a new MA5 variant or successor. That being said, as someone else has stated, the MA5B is a oversized, underpowered SMG. I would choose a magnum over the MA5B as it was in Halo: C.E.

Plus there's no lore reason for an obsolete model of rifle to still be used by the UNSC, especially with the new Promethean threat and Covenant Remnants.
Quote:
Quote:

It's fun I'll give you that, but the MA37 with the MA5D's power would be easily the best performing and looking Assault Rifle to grace the Halo universe.
Wouldn't it make more sense to make the 5D better over making the 37 better?
The AR fairs fine enough as is. Any upgrade would render it close if not at a SAW status.
I'm just going to add my samey contribuition onto the pile and say that the Hal: CE AR is just the SMG except a little bit worse.

I'm also going to add that the Halo 4 AR is just perfect. In sound, looks, and gameplay, it excels.

Speaking of which, I really think that 343 did a really good job with the human weapons. The magnum is perfect, the shotgun is perfect, the DMR is (now) perfect, the BR is perfect, etc. The only thing I have to complain about now, human weapons wise, is that the Halo 4 sniper is rather ugly looking.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't it make more sense to make the 5D better over making the 37 better?
To be honest I don't worry about canon with weapons. Why is the 5D even in Halo 4 since the FuD was full of MA5C's.

Not to mention I just love the look of the MA37.
Quote:
I'm just going to add my samey contribuition onto the pile and say that the Hal: CE AR is just the SMG except a little bit worse.

I'm also going to add that the Halo 4 AR is just perfect. In sound, looks, and gameplay, it excels.

Speaking of which, I really think that 343 did a really good job with the human weapons. The magnum is perfect, the shotgun is perfect, the DMR is (now) perfect, the BR is perfect, etc. The only thing I have to complain about now, human weapons wise, is that the Halo 4 sniper is rather ugly looking.
In terms of gameplay or human innovation? Because it would be a thumps up for gameplay but one huge as in over 500 years worth of a thumps down for human innovation for most of their weapons.

Cold war era ammunition, MA5B an BR being worst then cold war era weapons with the stats given to them by bungie. 300 meter max effective range, lolwat?

The H4 weapons do sounds good, but for me the look is all the same, bulky, large pointless, no improvements made to human weapons in over 500 years. I would have preferred something more along with railings, a scope even if it's unusable for gameplay purposes, a better firing mechanism, recoilless (well in canon) an no cold war era ammunition, more fire power per round (canon wise, same weapon damge that current weapons do in game).

But I do agree that the MA5B is nothing more then an oversizeds SMG. It should never return, the SAW fulfils that role but beter, because you can actually hit something with it.

And 343i did di a good job with the weapons, but for me they didn't change much if any at all other then gameplay wise and more defined/sharper look (HD texture).
Like others have stated, the Halo 4 Ar(IMO) is good on its own. But if you insist that it is broken(you aren't), then I suggest maybe a farther range or headshot multiplier? The headshot multiplier could actually reward players with aimed hits while the farther range could make it ever so slightly more powerful and effective( the range part really isn't needed, the headshot multiplier could make the already fast kill time even faster)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2