Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Surge of female player models?

OP Conn5000

Lately, I've seen an excess of players using the female player model rather than the male one. Obviously, the majority of the Halo 5 population is male. My assumption is that they're using the smaller model for a competitive advantage. However, I thought the hitboxes were the same / close enough to offer little advantage. Has anyone else noticed a lot of female spartans?
Never really something I’ve ever cared to look for to be honest.
I know back in the old days of Halo people used to say the female character model had smaller hit boxes though I’m not sure if that’s still the case or not. Even if it was I don’t think the advantage would be all that noticeable either.

Personally I wouldn’t put too much thought into it...
I sometimes use the female model because on some armors the male on looks really chunky
Are you really a Halo 5 player if you don't make a smurf and switch to a female Spartan model? /s
Conn5000 wrote:
Lately, I've seen an excess of players using the female player model rather than the male one. Obviously, the majority of the Halo 5 population is male. My assumption is that they're using the smaller model for a competitive advantage. However, I thought the hitboxes were the same / close enough to offer little advantage. Has anyone else noticed a lot of female spartans?
There's a surprising amount of female players on Halo 5 as well, though they tend to keep to themselves for obvious reasons. Other than that I reckon some dudes just like to build/make female characters for their own personal reasons. It could also be that they wanna make themselves a smaller target, even if the hitbox is the same, our brains don't always process it that way. Guys with bulky armor are always easier to hit because they're a larger target even if they aren't actually larger.
I don't think it affects hotboxes. However, it does reduce the visible target that your player model is but not by much. Personally I only use the female model as it gives Helioskrill not only a smaller profile, but a sleeker appearance. Helioskrill in my opinion isn't meant to be bulky.

If you're aiming for a multiplayer advantage use Fotus helmet and test the hitboxes on the bulky armor. Fotus actually takes no damage when you shoot the horn. Pretty much you want to find armor the looks you if you shot it somewhere you'd take damage but you don't. Reducing playermodel size is somewhat of a double edged sword.

Actually in hindsight given the custom game thumbnails I've been seeing on the browser lately... I think the answer is a very simple one if you catch my drift.
It is just solely a customization-based decision from my personal point of view as to answer your question OP. I think the players that say much about hitboxes and all are wrong, but even if the male and female physique Spartans had different sizes of hitboxes in this game, then the aim assist/shot magnetism would make any difference entirely irrelevant as if they were the same sizes anyway.

Even so, the difference between both physiques are very miniscule and generally doesn't impair or improve the aim of the average player depending of the enemy spartan's gender they're going up against, and then again, factor in aim assist/shot magnetism which are quite strong for a good amount of weapons in this game.