Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

SWAT needs fixing ASAP

OP Azaxx

I'm not one generally to complain much, but SWAT is unbelievably broken it's ridiculous. I go into a game against other Onyx players, so I'm like "Alright, this is gonna be tough but fun". By the end of the game I go 5-13, and from those 13 deaths there were only 2 that I actually lost in a duel due to being outplayed.
Instant spawning does not belong in SWAT, the kill time is already instantaneous, you don't need to be killed literally as soon as you come out of spawn. My last game I played I was spawn killed 6 times within legitimately 15 seconds.
If this was just pure bad luck in Arena Slayer or something I wouldn't be complaining, but this spawning screws at least 1 player every single game which proves that no matter how good you are, you cannot compete against the game since it is quite seriously out to beat you.
Once you are dead, you're pretty much in a game of chance to whether you spawn in someone's line of sight or not, if you are, well game over pal you lose. If not, then good luck, because you're going to have 10 seconds to live even if you are the best player just because the spawns are so bloody random in their locations.
Map control is also another thing that's affected by these spawns. Map control just cannot exist, while these randomised spawns exist, you cannot oppress a team into one corner of the map which is a proper show of teamwork and skill. Instead, you get flanked immediately and now it's your turn to flank them due to this awful spawning system.
Swatnums is another issue entirely on how often is appears, but I'm not that fussed by it since that's not something that is broken, the spawns are.

tl;dr 343i pls fix spawns in swat k
Oh i can relate. 2 days ago a guy got a triple kill off of me because as soon as i first died i respawned twice in the same spot where my body dropped. I instantly respawned twice in the SAME spot. Need less to say i recorded it and stopped playing swat.
So you hate being spawn killed but your making a point of wanting to press a team in the corner to where they can't outflank you? So you want to spawn kill them? Hahaha.

Magnums shows up too often though.
So you hate being spawn killed but your making a point of wanting to press a team in the corner to where they can't outflank you? So you want to spawn kill them? Hahaha.

Yes, because map control shows fantastic teamwork, albeit you may come against players who don't know how to play. But either way controlling the spawns is sheer teamwork.
Having the spawns screw you regardless of how good you are is direct sign of a broken system.

I've never liked being on the receiving hand of spawn kills, but I'd rather take it from a team, not a game.

The fact that you actually need to get the other team herded in the first place pretty much makes it hard as -Yoink- with randoms. Where as these insta random spawns are just -Yoinking!- annoying.
couldnt agree more
I think the failure in the spawn system isn't limited to Swat only, even in the other modes, i respawn and get instantly shot down by the other team.
EXACTLY!
THANK YOU OP! I was just thinking about talking about this issue. I am so sick and tired of spawning exactly where I died three or four times in a row or spawning right in front of an enemy. I love Swat but it makes me not want to play the game just because of that one issue. You'd think some thing like crappy spawns wouldn't be an issue in 2015 and yet here we are. I really hope 343i takes the time to fix this issue.
Got my first H5 Swat killtrocity last night due to awful spawns on Regret. I've only been on the receiving end of the spawn killing a handful of times. I will say though, that spawning 1 second after dying in the same spot I just died at is quite stupid and I have experienced this. Makes zero sense.
This is more of a spawn system problem, which has been made difficult by the increase in base movement speed. Forging a balanced map is going to be a challenge in Halo 5.
Br4k3d0wN wrote:
This is more of a spawn system problem, which has been made difficult by the increase in base movement speed. Forging a balanced map is going to be a challenge in Halo 5.
I agree with you on that, I feel like they made the maps a little bit too small for arena compared to previous Halo games.