1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
How are players in castle wars lunging sooo far after being hit ?
Smart Scope.
The trick I'd use every time I play. Most players don't know about the extreme lunge range of the energy sword with Smart Scope, so they can't counter it.
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
The trick I'd use every time I play. Most players don't know about the extreme lunge range of the energy sword with Smart Scope, so they can't counter it.
Like using aim left trigger ?
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
Like using aim left trigger ?
Yes it makes the energy sword actually useful unlike in halo 3. I love it if they take ads away in halo 6 I just hope that it stays even if you can't aim with a sniper any more than oh well I'ma have to git gud at no scoping lol
Ahhh that' y the lunge so far. Thanks for the aim too guys
I don't really like it. It wasn't needed and zooming in just makes it awkward while trying to kill someone especially if you were sprinting.
Aim in and say hellow to the energy sniper
the range on the sword is ridicules
the range on the sword is ridicules
It really is I could not believe how far away players were locking onto me.
It's expected considering the sandbox was designed around Warzone, IMO. The range is good in Infection though.
with the range of the sword and some active camo you are UNSTOPPIBLE!
with the range of the sword and some active camo you are UNSTOPPIBLE!
No, the Prophet's Bane plus Smart Scope is one of the scumiest tactics in the history of Halo.
For those who don't know, The Undercity of Suniaon map gives players an infinite energy Prophet's Bane to use, if they can get it in the middle of the map. It is then incredibly easy for the PB player to crouch walk to the enemy base, camp the flag, and regularly send it to the middle of the map. It also makes flag scoring for the enemy team nigh on impossible.
PB offers unlimited cloak, increased Smart Scope range, and I believe a movement speed buff. Seriously OP.
I know the Smart-Scope lunge is OPAF (especially during Infection), but it's up to you to master it. As a matter of fact, I'll share some tips to help my fellow paladins out:
  • Always jump before going in for the kill. This will make you a much more dangerous threat and can be performed against multiple enemies if they're one after the other.
  • Right after killing someone, immediately thrust back to stay out of harm's way or simply hit "Y" to quickly descope to maintain spatial awareness.
  • Keep a close eye on your radar when occupied and don't stay scoped in for too long to prevent disorientation.
  • If you and your opponent parry blows for the first time, try to outmaneuver them or break the stalemate with a normal melee attack (if you're in range) for a faster followup.
For the record, 343, this is the kind of thing that frustrates and annoys some legacy players. How is it that something like this can be a feature of the game and I'm only finding out about it two years after launch? Maybe because it shouldn't be there in the first place? Maybe because anybody who's ever used a sword before would never even think to look for a gimmick this absurd to be a part of Halo gameplay? I've been in castle wars a handful of times, and I've been killed by people doing this, only of course I didn't know that it was a thing so I jumped to the (obvious) conclusion that either they were cheating or that there was some kind of connection problem. In every instance I quit the match. Now that I know what the -yoink!- is going on I won't quit anymore. I just won't go into that idiotic playlist to begin with. Thanks, once again, for finding ways to make this game harder because nothing says "fun, casual game mode" like a steeper skill curve.
For the record, 343, this is the kind of thing that frustrates and annoys legacy players.
Ive been playing Halo since 2001 so i guess this makes me a "legacy player". Halo 5 imo has the best MP in the series and this mechanic doesnt bother me in the slightest. Please dont speak for me. K thanks.

I've been in castle wars a handful of times, and I've been killed by people doing this, only of course I didn't know that it was a thing
This sounds more like a you problem than a 343 problem. You have around 22 days of gametime in Halo 5 multiplayer and youre just now finding out about a mechanic that nearly everone else has known from day one? How the hell is that anyone elses fault but your own?
Nooga wrote:
For the record, 343, this is the kind of thing that frustrates and annoys legacy players.
Ive been playing Halo since 2001 so i guess this makes me a "legacy player". Halo 5 imo has the best MP in the series and this mechanic doesnt bother me in the slightest. Please dont speak for me. K thanks.

I've been in castle wars a handful of times, and I've been killed by people doing this, only of course I didn't know that it was a thing
This sounds more like a you problem than a 343 problem. You have around 22 days of gametime in Halo 5 multiplayer and youre just now finding out about a mechanic that nearly everone else has known from day one? How the hell is that anyone elses fault but your own?
Tell'em boy!!
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
Thanks for the tip. I actually never thought about trying smart scope with the sword.. Does it work with the hammer also?
BadDogg55 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
Thanks for the tip. I actually never thought about using smart scope with the sword.. Does it work with the hammer also?
It does and its amazing. Im honestly shocked that people dont know this though.
Nooga wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
Thanks for the tip. I actually never thought about using smart scope with the sword.. Does it work with the hammer also?
I just never thought about using it with a sword. I guess in my mind it was only for weapons with scopes..lol
Nooga wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Smart Scope.
TBH I will admit I just noobed out and never thought of trying smart scope and in all fairness it's not easy to pull of there still is skill involved.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4