take plasma pistols out of halo

OP Techarch 1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
Plasma Pistols (PP) were introduced into Halo as a means of disabling vehicles due to the slow movement speed of the classic Spartans. Now, the H5 Spartans are much faster using sprint, thruster, ground pound, and clanber. In H5, it is hard to stay alive in vehicles. I have seen people pass up Warhogs, whereas, they use to be flocked to. I, on multiple occasions, have taken out two scorpions and a wrath back to back. Due to a single Spartan having the ability to challenge legendary vehicles, which should not be the case, I feel as though the PP should be removed. It no longer has a purpose other than cause an annoyance. I have multiple Phaetons saved up because every time I use one I may get 10 kills then EMP'd down. I will then be shot repeatedly until I get jacked. I have 200+ scorpions that I never use because I tend to have more impressive kill streaks on foot. This used to never be the case. Vehicles are no longer fun. I feel as though vehicles would be more popular if 343 would remove PPs, or at least make legendary vehicles immune to them. No legendary req should ever be taken out by a req that cost 2 spheres. WTF please. I wouldn't fear using one of my 80+ Mantis' if I weren't being shot by PPs ever single time I use one.
Yeah, pretty sure Halo: CE didn't have plasma pistols that could disable vehicles. That came in Halo 2. So....

Plasma pistols aren't the problem with many of the vehicles, not at all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO! Stop asking for things removed from the game.
One word: no
Tanks are the only thing that get taken out by PP's often enough to be a problem. I don't use the mantis ever so I wouldn't know.
Say that plasma pistols are gone, ok. Well now no vehicles can be EMP'd and now Spartans use their Spartan abilities to hijack vehicles. Sounds great on paper, but then you take into account halo 5's completely broken spall after physics and I find misled thrusting onto a tank only to be splattered by it. This game needs the PP.
Yeah, pretty sure Halo: CE didn't have plasma pistols that could disable vehicles. That came in Halo 2. So....

Halo CE didn't have online MP either, and Bungie didn't think that Halo would become what it is. H2 was the first Halo the have online play; so, it had to be perfectly balanced. Also, the reason they probably added it was due to the fact that they knew players would need a way to disable vehicles. If you challenged a scorpion in H CE, you lost. End of story.

Halo 3 actually.
The Plasma pistol is one of the classics, absolutely not. Next your going to say we should take out split screen... Oh, wait.
One word: no
^ my exact thought
I know there are other problems with the vehicles. I'm just saying that PPs are a little too much considering how easy everything is the reach and jack. I also said that legendary vehicles could be immune to EMP. I hate getting EMP'd with a 2 sphere req when I just called in a legend. 343 could add it to the vehicle description... "Experimental anti-EMP energy shield..." something.
Techarch 1 wrote:
Plasma Pistols (PP) were introduced into Halo as a means of disabling vehicles due to the slow movement speed of the classic Spartans. Now, the H5 Spartans are much faster using sprint, thruster, ground pound, and clanber. In H5, it is hard to stay alive in vehicles. I have seen people pass up Warhogs, whereas, they use to be flocked to. I, on multiple occasions, have taken out two scorpions and a wrath back to back. Due to a single Spartan having the ability to challenge legendary vehicles, which should not be the case, I feel as though the PP should be removed. It no longer has a purpose other than cause an annoyance. I have multiple Phaetons saved up because every time I use one I may get 10 kills then EMP'd down. I will then be shot repeatedly until I get jacked. I have 200+ scorpions that I never use because I tend to have more impressive kill streaks on foot. This used to never be the case. Vehicles are no longer fun. I feel as though vehicles would be more popular if 343 would remove PPs, or at least make legendary vehicles immune to them. No legendary req should ever be taken out by a req that cost 2 spheres. WTF please. I wouldn't fear using one of my 80+ Mantis' if I weren't being shot by PPs ever single time I use one.
1. Agree with your point.
2. 10 kills on Phaeton? That's 3 times more than I got (More than 3 times mine was 3).
3. Mantis' need a buff.
4. With WZ: Turbo out, Every time I get a vehicle I am lucky if I have less than 2 Spartan Lasers firing on me
The reason why it is more common is because it is more widely available. A PP I believe is unlocked instantly? (Don't know on that one) On previous Halos it had to be picked up off the map (or in your loadout in Halo 4)
I wouldn't remove PP's, but I would increase the req cost from 3 req points to 5 points. OR, do a system where if there are more vehicles, the cost of a PP goes UP, and if there are less vehicles, it goes down, to encourage people not to use them. OR, make them more rarer to get in req packs of any sort.
April Fools right?
Keep them in arena and take them out of Warzone... IDK.
Next your going to say we should take out split screen... Oh, wait.
Lol
Take the AR out of Halo....too many people use it
HiIAmMoot wrote:

Halo 3 actually.
Was it? Couldn't remember. I just assume the Halo 2 PP could do everything. Track around corners, disable vehicles, take your girlfriend...that thing was OP.
The Plasma pistol is one of the classics, absolutely not. Next your going to say we should take out split screen... Oh, wait.
Not going to lie, that's funny. No, I don't want to remove the classics. I actually get pissed at 343 for removing classic Halo features. I recently got pissed when I learned that you could no longer play baseball with the rockets by hitting the shots back with a hammer. I'm just ranting because I have called in a Mantis and a Phaeton only to have them repeatedly shot by a PP until jacked. We all know how hard it is to unlock a Phaeton in general. Keep them in arena and BTB, but remove them form WZ. IDK.
Techarch 1 wrote:

Halo CE didn't have online MP either, and Bungie didn't think that Halo would become what it is. H2 was the first Halo the have online play; so, it had to be perfectly balanced. Also, the reason they probably added it was due to the fact that they knew players would need a way to disable vehicles. If you challenged a scorpion in H CE, you lost. End of story.
Absolutely incorrect. The plasma guns had amazing purposes in hce and ONLY IF you played mp you understood how to use them. When I challenge a tank in hce, I 3 him out of the driver seat. Please, stop whining about a gun that has many, many uses.
Techarch 1 wrote:

You grab a sniper and snipe them out of the driver's seat or just grab a rocket launcher, wasn't really that hard...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23