Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Takes a long time to find a match

OP natmish

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Im having a problem with Halo 5's multiplayer.
Takes a long time to find a match and many times I can't even find one, all I do is sit and wait for 20 minutes
What game type are you looking for (slayer, super fiesta, etc)
natmish wrote:
Im having a problem with Halo 5's multiplayer.
Takes a long time to find a match and many times I can't even find one, all I do is sit and wait for 20 minutes
Happens to me when search parameters are set to balanced or focused. Only expanded search works. And some game modes are not really frequented that much, especially during certain hours (depending on time zone, of course). Sometimes I wind up playing the same couple of people for hours.
I know it's bad when I can't find any games in Super Fiesta.
I have noticed the last week or so it’s been harder to find a match. I do play at odd times (midnight to 3am) after work. Found only one cover slayer match last night. I expected to find matches with it being double xp. Could only find matches in swat, slayer, and wza. They need to reduce the amount of playlist to funnel the remaining population together.
NiicK RosS wrote:
They need to reduce the amount of playlist to funnel the remaining population together.
They plan on doing that in the new year.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
NiicK RosS wrote:
They need to reduce the amount of playlist to funnel the remaining population together.
They plan on doing that in the new year.
I’m honestly hoping they do this sooner than next year. Trying to push for SR152 before infinite drops.
I’ve noticed that lots of streamers have been dealing with this issue as well.
I've been playing Infection this month while the double xp is going. I haven't had too many problems getting into a game, but I sit in the lobby for 5 minutes each game waiting.
Been in que for h3 throwback since 1 am.. it’s 3am
come on!
Papi vain wrote:
Been in que for h3 throwback since 1 am.. it’s 3am
come on!
Just go to sleep and you'll find a match in no time
Mainly super fiesta,h3 throwback tried covie slayer didn't find a match
natmish wrote:
Mainly super fiesta,h3 throwback tried covie slayer didn't find a match
Yeah I've had that issue with those as well
It's crazy, just seemingly sudden drop off. As of like 3 weeks ago getting matches was no problem.
I'm a little iffy on the sudden population decline, historically it's always a gradual decline not a run, jump to the cliff and nose dive. I've had the same experience where a few weeks ago everything was fine no matter what playlist i was searching and now everything is a wait game, or a search time out error. But these problems will only contribute to a pop decline as no one will want to try and start H5 if they think they won't be able to get a game.
NiicK RosS wrote:
I have noticed the last week or so it’s been harder to find a match. I do play at odd times (midnight to 3am) after work. Found only one cover slayer match last night. I expected to find matches with it being double xp. Could only find matches in swat, slayer, and wza. They need to reduce the amount of playlist to funnel the remaining population together.
Covenant slayer has never really been that popular. I can’t imagine what it will be like when it’s not double xp.
Reneggade wrote:
I'm a little iffy on the sudden population decline, historically it's always a gradual decline not a run, jump to the cliff and nose dive. I've had the same experience where a few weeks ago everything was fine no matter what playlist i was searching and now everything is a wait game, or a search time out error. But these problems will only contribute to a pop decline as no one will want to try and start H5 if they think they won't be able to get a game.
I'd guess server issues, a lot of the newly introduced problems with Halo 5 this year have been down to some kind of server changes. Maybe something to do with xCloud this time?
Maybe something to do with xCloud this time?
xCloud wouldn't affecft Halo 5 matchmaking, it's basically an Xbox in a server rack that you remotely connect to and play games on. You would only use those services when game streaming
takes even longer if you're playing with a group!
What countries are all you people from?
I'm from Australia, I started having these issues of long wait times about a month ago. If I'm playing by myself, it's a very long wait, if I get a game at all. If I'm playing with my American friends, we get a game straight away.
I mostly play super fiesta, big team super fiesta and huskie raid.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2