Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Targetmaster 2.0

OP Ronn Swanson

Hey 343, how about a new round of Targetmaster commendations to work towards until Infinite releases? I know much of your focus has been on the MCC, but give us Halo 5 players something to work towards for a bit. The Targetmaster pistols were simple but satisfying to earn. It's nice seeing some commendation progress on the post-game carnage report once in a while too. A few more simple weapon designs wouldn't take that many man-hours right? I'd even be good with the same pistol designs applied to the BRs. Just nice to be working towards something other than the 152 I'll never get to because I can't play every single day. Thanks for the consideration.
I'm still not done with the first Targetmaster commendation.
I really could care less, but in my opinion they should make it ARs, since 343 makes mountains of AR and Magnum combo sets that are only 2 skins. Just copy paste the patterns to an AR and make it look nice. I’m no game developer and I’m not claiming to be one lol. Just what my opinion is.
I do enjoy commendations. Since 152 is the only thing left, and I'm not gonna hit that, I'm all for it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'm still not done with the first Targetmaster commendation.
Same here. I like how this commendation puts the focus on winning since that's the point of the game and all.
I would love to see Halo 5 get any type of love. Especially how late/"dead" it is.
Wow you guys who haven't completed it don't play much arena, huh? Can't even remember when I completed it it's been so long.
Anyways I agree OP, that would be awesome. Right now I'm completing the last of my vehicle commendations but after that I'll only have the breakout ones left. New commendations, especially targetmaster would make the grind a little easier.
I'll...pass on that tbh thanks, I did finish target-master completely recently. Even then just asking for it to happen is super unlikely, since these skins were just some unused skins they had during development and decided to use them as an extra commendation WAY after launch.
Hey 343, how about a new round of Targetmaster commendations to work towards until Infinite releases? I know much of your focus has been on the MCC, but give us Halo 5 players something to work towards for a bit. The Targetmaster pistols were simple but satisfying to earn. It's nice seeing some commendation progress on the post-game carnage report once in a while too. A few more simple weapon designs wouldn't take that many man-hours right? I'd even be good with the same pistol designs applied to the BRs. Just nice to be working towards something other than the 152 I'll never get to because I can't play every single day. Thanks for the consideration.
At this point in H5's life cycle they're not going to add anymore commendations or anything else. We're less than a year out now so it's full speed ahead to Infinite.
You're probably right. But it could happen. They're still working on / releasing new stuff for the MCC. Other games... like Borderlands... have released previous game content before a new game launches. Didn't Halo 2 release a new map pack only a couple months before H3 release? So it's not unheard of. Especially if people are still playing the game and buying those Req Packs and whatnot. Lots of people are making the final push for 152. (I'll never make it). But giving us something simple to work towards along the way would be cool and appreciated by the players who've stuck with H5 the whole way through.