Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Targetmaster Magnum Skins

OP CGH GamingYT

Hello Everyone,

So... since it's pretty much impossible for me to grind it out to SR 152 before Infinite's launch (I'm at SR 80), I've set a different goal to try and get the first Targetmaster Magnum skin in H5 worth 75 wins. If anyone else would like to try and get these skins I would recommend playing in Social games in the Quick Play playlist. Any tips from people who have already unlocked them?
Just play a little every day and you'll get it easy. 75 wins will come way faster than you expect.
Exenius wrote:
Just play a little every day and you'll get it easy. 75 wins will come way faster than you expect.
Okay, I'm at 48/75 right now so it won't be long now.
You’ll catch the bug and want to get all of the skins soon. That’s a good thing! Try out some BTB and the Fiesta playlists. Best to avoid Ranked, Infection, and anything with more than one team (like FFA).
tuhin94 wrote:
You’ll catch the bug and want to get all of the skins soon. That’s a good thing! Try out some BTB and the Fiesta playlists. Best to avoid Ranked, Infection, and anything with more than one team (like FFA).
Thanks for the tips! I'll try that out. How many skins have you gotten?
Breakouts and 1v1 are good for targetmaster in my experience because the rounds are so quick.
tuhin94 wrote:
You’ll catch the bug and want to get all of the skins soon. That’s a good thing! Try out some BTB and the Fiesta playlists. Best to avoid Ranked, Infection, and anything with more than one team (like FFA).
Thanks for the tips! I'll try that out. How many skins have you gotten?
I have them all :-) It’s sort of like hitting 152 on a smaller scale: as long as you play the game as intended, there’s no reason you can’t unlock all the skins within a reasonable amount of time.
Hello Everyone,
So... since it's pretty much impossible for me to grind it out to SR 152 before Infinite's launch (I'm at SR 80), I've set a different goal to try and get the first Targetmaster Magnum skin in H5 worth 75 wins. If anyone else would like to try and get these skins I would recommend playing in Social games in the Quick Play playlist. Any tips from people who have already unlocked them?
Haven't unlocked all of them but know quite a lot.

Best thing to do is play fast paced games with short match times-I'm on 3/5 and most of those games are Infection or Halo:Combat Evolved throwback because I wreak havoc when the CE pistol is in my hands. Play SWAT or infection as they both last around 7-10 minutes and in an hour of playtime you could get 4 wins if you win 2/3 of your matches.
So, back when I hit 152 (wanna clarify like I always do that it's not this account, it was the account I deleted because I thought I'd never play Halo again) I used to que with 3 other players and play out Quickplay, and we could literally not lose. It's easier to que with people you now you can win with.
Gulchshot wrote:
So, back when I hit 152 (wanna clarify like I always do that it's not this account, it was the account I deleted because I thought I'd never play Halo again) I used to que with 3 other players and play out Quickplay, and we could literally not lose. It's easier to que with people you now you can win with.
My friends are all kinda anti-Halo 5 so... I'm solo on this one.I did find Quick Play pretty easy though cause I'm really the only good player on my team so I control the outcome. You can get let down by the rookies though trying playing to offensive in the final minutes of the match and not conservatively picking off kills for victory.