Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Team killing hard aim

OP Shotshaper88

Has anyone else noticed that after a teammate loses it and starts to team kill and you finally decided to kill him back it’s almost impossible to aim? I wonder what the mechanism behind that is?
Has anyone else noticed that after a teammate loses it and starts to team kill and you finally decided to kill him back it’s almost impossible to aim?
That’s called Aim Assist - when shooting enemies aim assist helps you to land your shots. Give you the illusion of complete accuracy under your control. Have you ever noticed that when your reticle goes over an enemy it slows down and follows them a little? That’s what it is.

When aiming at teammates you do not get aim assist which in turn makes it harder for you to shoot teammates and for them to shoot you.

Personally I never shoot a teammate back, a waste of time. If they’re mad it’s on them. It’s just a game after all.
There exists few different mechanisms which help the player to kill the enemies. One of these mechanism is aim assist which causes the reticle to magnitize towards enemies and another is bullet magnetize which causes shots to bend towards nearby enemies while shots near teammates follow a straight line.
Has anyone else noticed that after a teammate loses it and starts to team kill and you finally decided to kill him back it’s almost impossible to aim? I wonder what the mechanism behind that is?
Just wait for them to enter a fight. You can kill them when they're weak and won't get a betrayal. Throw an "accidental" nade their way.
Pheinted wrote:
Just wait for them to enter a fight. You can kill them when they're weak and won't get a betrayal. Throw an "accidental" nade their way.
I would never perform "accidental betrayals" intentionally. This is mainly due to this conduct being outside the spirit of the game.
You don't get any reticle friction on teammates.
Pheinted wrote:
I would never perform "accidental betrayals" intentionally. This is mainly due to this conduct being outside the spirit of the game.
Good for you. If they're being idiots, I'll gladly do it though. Halo 5 with friends is awesome. With randoms, some are really cool people. Some are EXTREMELY toxic. Betraying me because I happened to pick up sniper. Because I happen to be having a bad match. I'm sorry I can't perform 100% each match. Sorry I'm only human. Sending me hate mail. Etc.

If someone's going to harass me the entire match, the least I can do is return the favor. Even good players do stupid stuff like that. I played with 2 friends recently and somehow the game decided to give us a champ as a team mate. 1 of our friends was having a rough time the match. The champ decided to make it even worse by harassing him each spawn. How the hell could he have even attempted to get out of that funk when our own random team mate is making it worse?

Spirit of the game though huh?. Guess that's just that players "spirit" of the game then.
Yeah the people who team kill for the power weapons are the worst. Fortunately it’s not that common. Sometimes I think people team kill when they are getting destroyed to get them to quit so they don’t lose rank