Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Team-mate Radar Dots

OP xRDAx xSEK3N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They've added the ability to see our team-mates kills in green writing, and we can also see their tags appear in green as well. I think this is rather handy and was wonder why we can't or haven't had the ability to show a green dot for team-mates on the radar.

It'd be a good thing to have in my opinion as we'd be able to see exactly where our team-mates are when communicating. 'I'm on the right side' but tags don't appear above heads unless we are close enough or stare at them and there may be a bunch of other spartan's kicking about. It'd also help players stick together ot see where team members need help. It's a simple thing to add in, some people might not want it but seeing as we can see green names and green tags, we may as well have green radar dots for our friends/fire team members as well.

Anyway, thanks for listening :p
Thats a great idea i hate when my friend says,"Im over here"but doesn't explain and cant see which dot he is.
My friends and I talked about this and we all agreed as soon as we saw the green we were asking why aren't the dots green too.
This should be implemented
I agree with this
Awesome idea :)
Good idea!
thats the beauty of knowing what the call outs are, if your team mates are saying im over here, or im on the right then thats clearly their fault, but for example on Colosseum if one says "im at red elbow," or im in blue caves"
Kihn x ju wrote:
thats the beauty of knowing what the call outs are, if your team mates are saying im over here, or im on the right then thats clearly their fault, but for example on Colosseum if one says "im at red elbow," or im in blue caves"
Callouts are great with the new map designs where they all kinda have premade areas so that you don't have to come up with the callouts, but the only problem is a lot of people play casual.
I think they added something where if you hold some button on the D-Pad you "ping" your location. I don't know which button and I've never seen it in action.
Good idea! This would make things much better.
Kihn x ju wrote:
I know most of the call-outs, but I'm also quite a visual player, so I like to see minor details as well
I think they added something where if you hold some button on the D-Pad you "ping" your location. I don't know which button and I've never seen it in action.
Never heard of this, if it's true that'd be awesome though!
From what I have read, the latest update gives you the ability to press up on the "D" pad to "ping" your location to any member of your Spartan company that is in the same game. I play "lone wolf", so I have never had the opportunity to try it out.
all the new feature does is make your tag blink for a second or two. which is no different then if you are shooting or being shot at anyways
This would be a nightmare for people who are red / green colour blind.

My mate can't tell the two at a glance.
Quote:
Not to be picky, but you didn't say anything to listen too, you typed something to read. So, your welcome for reading.
BurnBacon wrote:
Quote:
Not to be picky, but you didn't say anything to listen too, you typed something to read. So, your welcome for reading.
Ever heard of inner speech?

Not trying to be snarky, it's a good read, a lot of people believe that it's part of language development but there are a few prominent theories regarding it's links to cognitive processes (as I understood it, meta-cognition only), I am only casually interested in psychology / neuropsychology so my understanding of the subject is likely tenuous at best.

In summary, you actually listen to your thoughts as you read, likely because hearing language is a big part of how we learn and process it.
ReteroX wrote:
This would be a nightmare for people who are red / green colour blind.

My mate can't tell the two at a glance.
If not green, even if it was customisable by the user it'd be better. That way those that are colour-blind won't be at a disadvantage and would still be able to make use of it
Allies should be yellow dots like in the past.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2