Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Temporarily increase idle time before kicking

OP zstaylor22

Halo 5 developers,

I know this is a miniscule request and that it is not a priority but it would help out my stay at home ordered home life if you temporarily increased the idle time in online multiplayer matches, specifically warzone. I am an EMS worker with a wife, child and another child on the way. I still have to interact with sick people which puts a strain on my families concerns about getting the Covid19 virus. When i have the chance to relax and play Halo 5 Warzone I have been interupted due to my kid and wife being home due to Covid19. This isn't a big deal overall and i also understand the point of kicking players who are afk after a short period but with the stay at home orders and with the issues of more home life interruptions than usual would it be possible to increase idle time until the stay at home orders dissipate?
zstaylor22 wrote:
Halo 5 developers,

I know this is a miniscule request and that it is not a priority but it would help out my stay at home ordered home life if you temporarily increased the idle time in online multiplayer matches, specifically warzone. I am an EMS worker with a wife, child and another child on the way. I still have to interact with sick people which puts a strain on my families concerns about getting the Covid19 virus. When i have the chance to relax and play Halo 5 Warzone I have been interupted due to my kid and wife being home due to Covid19. This isn't a big deal overall and i also understand the point of kicking players who are afk after a short period but with the stay at home orders and with the issues of more home life interruptions than usual would it be possible to increase idle time until the stay at home orders dissipate?
I fully agree, in mythic WFF or warzone in general, i would like, when the user spawn,
at least idle 30-60 second first to kick, specially if at the end of the game...
This isn't a bad idea. I'm scared of playing during working hours in case an email pops up and I need to spend two minutes looking at it and responding to it.
GYS GHOST wrote:
zstaylor22 wrote:
Halo 5 developers,

I fully agree, in mythic WFF or warzone in general, i would like, when the user spawn,
at least idle 30-60 second first to kick, specially if at the end of the game...
I'm pretty sure you can idle for 120 seconds before you get kicked currently.