Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] terrible connection

OP GruffBuzzard975

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Connection to online servers does depend on your own connection too.

It’s also important to keep in mind that the player population is quite low these days so you’re likely playing on a non local server.

I personally don’t encounter many connection issues - even if I’m playing on a far away server.
It's honestly depressing how horrible the connection to this game has become. 343 please refresh your servers. Atleast Give us some hope that infinite will be decent if halo 5 can run good for once
I experience connection issues EVERY play session. It's just something you have to deal with. I refresh my internet AND hard reset my Xbox one before each session. Still have issues.

The other user is right though. I think the population is what probably causes the most instability in matches. I frequently see Spanish worded gamer tags in my matches now...and in those matches I experience the most frustrating moments of blank shots and inconsistent aiming. Changing the search preference doesn't seem to matter since I'm always searching on focused anyways.

We just gotta deal with it I guess...but...a friend I play with has been suggesting to me that my Xbox one might exacerbate the problem. That if there is a notable difference between some Xbox ones performance of halo 5 and the new Xbox...what if my LE edition halo 5 Xbox is just old and there's even a difference between my Xbox one and his newer Xbox one?

I never thought too much into it until I started showing him clips of everything I've been encountering. He told me he never has such problems. We both live in the same state and not even that far away from each other. Both are in the same matches. Both playing with the same people.

My internet is hardlined, good down and up speed, decent latency, playing on a gaming monitor as well. It's crazy how much of an experience difference I'm having in some matches. Even when this friend hosted a custom game he seen me shooting at him while he's one shot in an FFA and I'm saying dude wth I'm shooting you in the head! And he kills me and says "dude...there's no way I should have survived that. "

I wish I knew if my Xbox actually did make problems worse....but the reality is...is that there's probably no one (of some official title) that can come in and simply say "yes your xbox is the problem in an online game." It's hard to even believe that's the issue...up until you realize...the significant difference of gameplay on the new console of the game in question.
Pheinted wrote:
It's honestly depressing how horrible the connection to this game has become. 343 please refresh your servers. Atleast Give us some hope that infinite will be decent if halo 5 can run good for once
I experience connection issues EVERY play session. It's just something you have to deal with. I refresh my internet AND hard reset my Xbox one before each session. Still have issues.

The other user is right though. I think the population is what probably causes the most instability in matches. I frequently see Spanish worded gamer tags in my matches now...and in those matches I experience the most frustrating moments of blank shots and inconsistent aiming. Changing the search preference doesn't seem to matter since I'm always searching on focused anyways.

We just gotta deal with it I guess...but...a friend I play with has been suggesting to me that my Xbox one might exacerbate the problem. That if there is a notable difference between some Xbox ones performance of halo 5 and the new Xbox...what if my LE edition halo 5 Xbox is just old and there's even a difference between my Xbox one and his newer Xbox one?

I never thought too much into it until I started showing him clips of everything I've been encountering. He told me he never has such problems. We both live in the same state and not even that far away from each other. Both are in the same matches. Both playing with the same people.

My internet is hardlined, good down and up speed, decent latency, playing on a gaming monitor as well. It's crazy how much of an experience difference I'm having in some matches. Even when this friend hosted a custom game he seen me shooting at him while he's one shot in an FFA and I'm saying dude wth I'm shooting you in the head! And he kills me and says "dude...there's no way I should have survived that. "

I wish I knew if my Xbox actually did make problems worse....but the reality is...is that there's probably no one (of some official title) that can come in and simply say "yes your xbox is the problem in an online game." It's hard to even believe that's the issue...up until you realize...the significant difference of gameplay on the new console of the game in question.
Yeah you have to deal with it on 343 games. Not any other companies. Just sad it's so bad. Worse than ever
Pheinted wrote:

Yeah you have to deal with it on 343 games. Not any other companies. Just sad it's so bad. Worse than ever
True. I've known people who quit the game because it was only happening to them on halo 5. It sucks. I love halo too much to completely quit I guess. I take time off but end up coming back...it just sucks when you're the only person in the fireteam struggling with the issues sometimes. It makes it sound like you're just complaining cause you're playing bad...up until you share the clip. Then they finally realize you aren't just making crap up for losing all the close 1v1s you should have definitely won that most likely could have shifted the tides of the match in some matches man.
I haven’t had any connection issues since I upgraded to the series x. On my OG Xbox I had a few connection issues but not many
If your east coast tour typically pinging much higher than the rest of the country. You can check what it our local server is pinging at. In google type in “Halo 5 server Ping” and the site should pop up
I’ve encountered more connection issues since I got the series x
I can say that I have seen quite a few "teleporting zombies" as I've dubbed them in infection, but typically only about 1 game per night. Maybe try changing search preferences?