Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

That Radar Tho..

OP ShamWow07

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Sorry if this topic has been bashed to death, I couldn't find a thread about it anywhere.

How are people's thoughts on the range of the radar? I noticed in a multiplayer demo video (can't remember which one, I apologize) that the devs mentioned shortening the range of the radar and it made for "faster, more intense game play". Well they sure as hell got that, because sometimes I don't even see opponents sprinting right around the corner, but you know... it works both ways. Two days in and I'm still getting used to it, with mixed feelings.

Anyway, what are your opinions on the range of the radar? I am enjoying the multiplayer this time around if anyone was curious, compared to that disaster they decided to call Halo 4...
The radar does suck. Sometimes the enemy is right up on you and you don't see it coming.

Know what's been bashed to death? The goofy internet slang of "That (random word) tho". It got played out two years ago. Just a head's up :)
its the same for everyone. Go playing Swat... there is no radar at all.
the radar is crap now. kinda makes me made.....I guess their trying to take away the skilled players advantage
Has no use. With how small it is and the speed of the Spartans, it is completely useless.
the radar is crap now. kinda makes me made.....I guess their trying to take away the skilled players advantage
If a skilled player needs a big radar they might not be as skilled as they think.
Ace Carver wrote:
If a skilled player needs a big radar they might not be as skilled as they think.
It is a part of the game, it is supposed to have a use. No one here said they relied on it, just that it was useless.

Stay on topic please.
I like it. I spent so much time in past Halo games glued to the radar. This forces you and your team to call out enemy locations more but still helps if someone is trying to get in close or flank you.
Might as well remove it. If im being gunned down by an AR before he even shows up on radar then theres a problem. I literally have to be on the bottom floor below someone for people to show up.
You couldn't find a thread on this topic? You sir, didn't even try.
Its perfect, you just need to be more aware and also the grenade spam would be so much worse if the radar was increased
You couldn't find a thread on this topic? You sir, didn't even try.
Just going to post about my apparent laziness? Might as well add a link or something. And to be fair, I didn't look that hard. Doesn't seem like anyone else cares though.

@ everyone else: In the end, we will all adapt to it. As Halo is really one of the only shooters I have played rather extensively, it's just an adjustment. One I'm willing to make in the end.
Radar is fine.
I haven't really been looking at the radar until only recently and i believe it's a godsend, i know that they decreased the area of the radar but i still believe it's a godsend
Might as well remove it. If im being gunned down by an AR before he even shows up on radar then theres a problem. I literally have to be on the bottom floor below someone for people to show up.
I've been struggling with this too, it's an adjustment. I've seen people blast through my radar and 2 seconds later, I'm dead.
The only problem I've had with it is how everyone can run around and spartan charge you without you noticing them on your radar unless your eyes are glued to it.
Please fix the radar, 343. I know y'all read this. You did everything right, and learned from your mistakes of H4. Please, for the love of Master Chief, fix the radar.

The only people that benefit from a bad radar are CoD kids, who Sprint around mindlessly anyway. And they are not your community, please support the true Halo fans.
You can tell that pro players influenced this game. It takes skill to use radar properly, but in Halo 5, why bother even including it in the game? In it's current form, it's not very useful.
I like it better this way.
The radar is trash. I actually prefer gameplay without it but having it in the game causes me to look at it. Literally as soon as a dot appears you have to turn and melee or it's too late. Take it out or change it back to how it was initially because right now it's beyond useless
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2