Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] That's it. I'm done.

OP AGuyCalledKane

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To be honest for the last 2 months halo 5 has been nothing more than an addiction.

An addiction of getting req points so I can gamble them away.

An addiction to that one more game, I mights get my Diamond if I win just one more.

And it's not just an addiction, somehow I still had hope that Halo would improve over its limited gametypes and forge rehashed maps.
I was hoping maybe 343i would focus on the community a little more and implement a better file share and a more social side to everything.

But hey, enough is enough. It's been 10 years after all.

Halo was my favourite pass time, my relaxation after a hard day of school, and eventually after a hard day of work.
Then halo 4 came out and it was a little (ok maybe a lot) different. But that's ok, it's a new company. Some concepts work well, I'm sure they'll iron things out in Halo 5?

Now when I said iron, I mean sort out the little creases here and there, not cut out chunks until they were gone.
Oh, and then slowly over the next 6 months sew new pieces of mismatched material back into it bit by bit, but the tailor just doesn't quite know how to use a sewing machine.

I know I'll get the usual bashing now, the "thank god you're leaving then" and the "HALO HAS TO MOVE FORWARD YOU JUST CANT ACCEPT CHANGE1!!"

I can accept change, I actually loved reach (minus the ranking system) I embraced the armour abilities and made the most out of them.

I think 343i have made a decent game, it's just not Halo anymore.
Reach wasn't Halo.
Feels with the just one more game for some req points addiction. Ohhh we won just one more. Well just one more.

It's taking up all my playing time and I can't stop lol. I have witcher 3 half finished and can't stop playing just one more damn game. Oh well.

I'll burn out like you soon enough and then move on with my life until halo 6 comes out and I get it to see where the story goes. Hopefully it's better than this abomination of a campaign
i feel you bro. A lot of people are going to give you hate for expressing your opinion, just ignore them.
Reach wasn't Halo.
Neither is any Halo 343 has made. More like CoD in Space.
Feels with the just one more game for some req points addiction. Ohhh we won just one more. Well just one more.

It's taking up all my playing time and I can't stop lol. I have witcher 3 half finished and can't stop playing just one more damn game. Oh well.

I'll burn out like you soon enough and then move on with my life until halo 6 comes out and I get it to see where the story goes. Hopefully it's better than this abomination of a campaign
I know that feeling, I've still got mgsv and SoM to finish
Reach wasn't Halo.
Oh look a nonconstructive pointless post.
Halo 5 has been the best Halo game since Halo 2-3.
I look at it as games need to evolve... people will get bored of a routine reskin of a game even if its great! and they will be haters there too. I love halo, been playing since CE. I was extremely disappointed in the campaign because I felt no recollection to anything halo just a bla fps which was ok but not what halo is. With that said The multiplayer is a fantastic evolution of halo multiplayer. Yes some things still bug me that they are there, but i can live with them looking at the final product. There will always be haters with ever aspect of every game just a matter of opinion.
To each their own. Nothing wrong with you deciding it's time to give it up. But this is also one heck of a multiplayer game and many agree. I've been with Halo from the beginning and I'm not a COD fan yet I like this multiplayer more than Halo 2, 3, 4 and Reach.
Halo 5 has been the best Halo game since Halo 2-3.
except for the lack of gametypes and good maps. The core mechanics are great, but the lack of any really unique maps and gametypes are hurting it.
"thank god you're leaving then"

"HALO HAS TO MOVE FORWARD YOU JUST CANT ACCEPT CHANGE1!!"

Reach wasn't Halo.
Not if you are bright enough to understand it. Reach was the farthest game from core Halo. If you liked Reach multiplayer, you probably won't like H5. Simple.
The community is made up of a people who started with each of the halos. From CE to 5, each game has brought in new players and lost a few who were incapable of adapting to the changes of the game. Halo 5's multiplayer still feels like halo to me, though it has flaws that make me lament the losses of features we've had from the older games that doesn't take away from the feel of the game in my opinion. I remember the endless armor lock and jetpack threads on bungie and the sprint and Spartan charge debates here. Hell, I even remember the threads about people who hated the equipment system in halo 3 or the weapon changes from CE to halo 2. Whether its by choice or not, its still a lack of adaption to the new rules. I don't mean anything negative by it. .The community is divided, because we came in at different points. Halo 5 will cause some of us to drop out, and we'll get a new batch who think that the game is 'perfect' and every halo should be like that. I didn't play a lot of halo 4's multiplayer because it didn't quite have the right feel for me. My reflexes are getting slower, I don't know how many more years I'll be able to keep up myself.

Cribbed from myself in an earlier thread and edited...
I look at it as games need to evolve... people will get bored of a routine reskin of a game even if its great! and they will be haters there too. I love halo, been playing since CE. I was extremely disappointed in the campaign because I felt no recollection to anything halo just a bla fps which was ok but not what halo is. With that said The multiplayer is a fantastic evolution of halo multiplayer. Yes some things still bug me that they are there, but i can live with them looking at the final product. There will always be haters with ever aspect of every game just a matter of opinion.
So that's why COD is still the most popular FPS? It's the same game over and over and retains one of the highest populations and one of the most sales of any FPS to date.. I'm sorry but that logic makes no sense. People don't buy another iteration of the game for it to be different, they want it to be upgraded, taking features from before and making them better, improving them, or adding more features to the game... not completely changing the game and removing a ton of features from games past.

There's many ways to evolve a game, but changing the game's mechanics and features is not the right choice.
I can accept change,
Your post begs to differ.
My problem isn't the game. It's the community. And 343's ridiculously slow response times to address issues. Community management with ZERO forum involvement (I miss the days of bs angel running Waypoint, she at least made regular posts.) and totally ignoring community complaints in the Livestreams. "Hey we know you have a yoink online experience, but look at this nice Pizza skin we made in 5 min. Ooohhhh shiney."
I think Halo 5 is like any other game, meaning every game has its problems and can't cater to every player out there. I do wish they would either give out more RP or lower the amount of RP it takes for req cards or at the very least get rid of pre-made emblems and let us make our own.

Reach wasn't Halo.
Not if you are bright enough to understand it. Reach was the farthest game from core Halo. If you liked Reach multiplayer, you probably won't like H5. Simple.
I like that your post is non-constructive, but his OP is just "I'm done with halo because I'm addicted." No criticism or feedback, really constructive.....
I just wish the REQ system wasnt so bogged down with emblems and Weapon Certifications.

*Weapon Cert* "Well, you had a chance to get an item before, but now, in exchange for delaying your permanent unlocks for armor, you instead get slightly modified weapon RNG. 'Grats!"
Dude if you feel that way than I totally agree Halo 5 is not the best in the world but im hoping they pull through they do have alot of updates set but those should have been sorted on launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2