Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] That's it. I'm done.

OP AGuyCalledKane

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ThatClem wrote:
Feels with the just one more game for some req points addiction. Ohhh we won just one more. Well just one more.

It's taking up all my playing time and I can't stop lol. I have witcher 3 half finished and can't stop playing just one more damn game. Oh well.

I'll burn out like you soon enough and then move on with my life until halo 6 comes out and I get it to see where the story goes. Hopefully it's better than this abomination of a campaign
I know that feeling, I've still got mgsv and SoM to finish
Reach wasn't Halo.
Oh look a nonconstructive pointless post.
Not if you are bright enough to understand it. Reach was the farthest game from core Halo. If you liked Reach multiplayer, you probably won't like H5. Simple.
I like that your post is non-constructive, but his OP is just "I'm done with halo because I'm addicted." No criticism or feedback, really constructive.....
Yes, I made a simple answer to a simple statement, but I didn't agree with him so I'm bad.
Reach wasn't Halo.
Neither is any Halo 343 has made. More like CoD in Space.
Reach wasn't made by 343.
Reach wasn't Halo.
Neither is any Halo 343 has made. More like CoD in Space.
Reach wasn't made by 343.
You are not allowed to use facts or disagree.
I can accept change, I actually loved reach (minus the ranking system) I embraced the armour abilities and made the most out of them. Then halo 4 came out and it was a little (ok maybe a lot) different.
You have made some good points, but this part is difficult to comprehend. It seems more like 343i bashing than anything else.

The very first Halo game that was "a lot different" was Halo Reach. Most of the long-term Halo fans despised Armor Lock, Reticle Bloom, and the extended Jetpack abilities. The consensus opinion is that Halo 5 represents a return to the core mechanics of the classic Halo games, unlike Halo 4 and Reach.

If you genuinely enjoyed the armor abilities in Halo Reach but dislike the mechanics of Halo 5, you might not be the traditional Halo fan that you seem to believe you are.
Thanks for letting is know.
Reach wasn't Halo.
let me expand on that for you.

Reach wasn't Halo because:
-lack of fair start matches
-unbalanced weapons and spartan abilities
-map control was weak
-weak ranking system
Other then that id just get repetitive and I don't want to do that. Halo 4 had the same problem as reach, it was not well balanced, it also had load outs and lacked fair starts matches, and the maps did not accommodate map control very well. The abilities were not well balanced and it had a form of kill streaks.

Halo 5 is more halo then either of those. It possesses fair start, with a well balanced weapon sandbox. Map control is still key to winning though it is easier to counter when a team is entrenched in an area do to the abilities. All the abilities have there positives and negative (though spartan charge is pretty cheap) and can be used in very creative and game changing ways (also all players have excess to the abilities at all times which is a plus)

What you can do in the game does not make a game halo or not, its whether or what you can do is balanced within the overall sandbox.
warzone is still the same one sided matches most of the time 343 need to fix warzone its a mess and one down side to micro transactions kids spam the hell out of them to get lots of vehicles then you end up with up to three or four banshees shooting you every time you spawn or lengendary tanks that op you every second how did they earn that oh yes they just bought them with real money to get them.
Oh look a nonconstructive pointless post.
Claim Halo 5 isn't Halo, no foul.
Claim Halo Reach isn't Halo, "WOAH YOU'VE CROSSED A LINE MAN".

I mean I still agree with the message behind your post, but that made me laugh.
Feels with the just one more game for some req points addiction. Ohhh we won just one more. Well just one more.

It's taking up all my playing time and I can't stop lol. I have witcher 3 half finished and can't stop playing just one more damn game. Oh well.

I'll burn out like you soon enough and then move on with my life until halo 6 comes out and I get it to see where the story goes. Hopefully it's better than this abomination of a campaign
OMFG , me too!!!!
Halo 5's major issue and what it causing the population to drop is the horrid lack of content. There's hardly anything there to keep people playing. Warzone doesn't have anywhere near enough maps to be a major part of multiplayer and Arena lacks enough maps and playlists to stay fresh and fun. Other than multiplayer there is only Campaign which seriously lacks the replay-ability of past Halo games. The mechanics for Halo 5 are great, but there just isn't enough meat to keep people here. I doubt the game is going to be able to keep its numbers up much past the first year. It is a shame really.
Halo 5's major issue and what it causing the population to drop is the horrid lack of content. There's hardly anything there to keep people playing. Warzone doesn't have anywhere near enough maps to be a major part of multiplayer and Arena lacks enough maps and playlists to stay fresh and fun. Other than multiplayer there is only Campaign which seriously lacks the replay-ability of past Halo games. The mechanics for Halo 5 are great, but there just isn't enough meat to keep people here. I doubt the game is going to be able to keep its numbers up much past the first year. It is a shame really.
Content Is being added, it's the inability to properly match competitors that's really burning me out.
If your die hard Og player stick with you are apart of a community that can have more power than the developers themselves we make halo batter not them remember that
You can play any game you want, but do know your more than welcome to come back if you want.
all was good
To be honest for the last 2 months halo 5 has been nothing more than an addiction.

An addiction of getting req points so I can gamble them away.

An addiction to that one more game, I mights get my Diamond if I win just one more.

And it's not just an addiction, somehow I still had hope that Halo would improve over its limited gametypes and forge rehashed maps.
I was hoping maybe 343i would focus on the community a little more and implement a better file share and a more social side to everything.

But hey, enough is enough. It's been 10 years after all.

Halo was my favourite pass time, my relaxation after a hard day of school, and eventually after a hard day of work.
Then halo 4 came out and it was a little (ok maybe a lot) different. But that's ok, it's a new company. Some concepts work well, I'm sure they'll iron things out in Halo 5?

Now when I said iron, I mean sort out the little creases here and there, not cut out chunks until they were gone.
Oh, and then slowly over the next 6 months sew new pieces of mismatched material back into it bit by bit, but the tailor just doesn't quite know how to use a sewing machine.

I know I'll get the usual bashing now, the "thank god you're leaving then" and the "HALO HAS TO MOVE FORWARD YOU JUST CANT ACCEPT CHANGE1!!"

I can accept change, I actually loved reach (minus the ranking system) I embraced the armour abilities and made the most out of them.

I think 343i have made a decent game, it's just not Halo anymore.
I feel ya bro. I have sold my copy today. What I am most disappointed about is the lack of solid gameplay. Just too much lag unfortunately.
Kind of late for the deception train
Sorry you're leaving. :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2