Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] *THE ACHILLES ARMOR SET IS RIDICULOUS TO GET.

OP GHUNTERthaFIRST

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 41
I have a company of 10 players and i'm the one that play the most. I feel like i'm working for 9 persons.
Sounds like a good reason to drop the one your in and join a more active one.
so first people complain that there isnt any armor thats rare because everyone can unlock through reqs. so they make one hard to get and people complain
No, beating Halo MCC on legendary was fair (I haven't even finished it yet). This is -Yoink-. Completing all of those? My spartan company has only gotten past the first level on one of the kill commendations. This is insane.
Zeezke99 wrote:
so first people complain that there isnt any armor thats rare because everyone can unlock through reqs. so they make one hard to get and people complain
No, beating Halo MCC on legendary was fair (I haven't even finished it yet). This is -Yoink-. Completing all of those? My spartan company has only gotten past the first level on one of the kill commendations. This is insane.
I agree
Zeezke99 wrote:
No worse than getting haunted helmet
I don't understand people complaining about not being in a Spartan Company. If you don't have a group to start one with then send a join request to one. For instance, Team Jugs (a spartan company my buddies and I started) is always looking for members who like to play and want to work towards unlocks!
When I saw the Achilles armor I knew I had to have it, when I saw the requirements I nearly screamed. I think they should add it to the REQ system as well as allow you to get it by working together.
Deeum Son wrote:
Guys it's not entirely impossible. Our grinding group is already on 3/5 or 4/5 on over half the kill commendations.
I'm in a group with some of the hardest grinders in the game and were only half way through the kill commendations. That gives you a indication only the hardest grinders of them all will receive it over a period of time.
Ha akr3zz I just saw you joined the sauna. You gonna be able to get Lt wasp and then too? Also we should have a good chance to have the armor when it actually drops haha.
I'm going to try to talk him into joining and yeah I've already got 3 to 5 people I play with to join also. I'm going to try to get more though and fill it up to 100 of the most serious grinders the game has to offer. ;)
Any luck on companys?
For those looking to get the armour, many Spartan Companies are joining together to get it and they don't require that every one needs to play together and whatnot. They are all just in it for the armour. Try looking for one of those Companies.
Like two of my friends have H5 so I won't be able to have an active company. That armour looks so cool though :(
Good, the game is extremely lacking in this kind of stuff. Glad to finally have a good challenge, this will probably be the new recon.
my company has 11 people and i am the most active

GG never gonna see this
Pretty much where I'm at!
I didnt even know about this. why isnt it in the game, you have to go website to view? thats just more work. anyways i do feel like there should be a challenge but as an Inheritor i can say this is a ridiculously huge trek and burnout slog. why cant we just have everything unlocked in custom/forge mode and only unlock in multiplayer. than i wouldn't be so jaw dropped by the amount. i have been doing a lot of killing and apparently i havent done much as im still a 1 in almost every category but yet im almost mastered everything in regular commendations. is this based on company as in team work amount as a whole? anyways, its a bummer i wont be able to ever use this armor piece but all well.

also ill never complete the in game commendations because i am too much of a team player. and you might ask "how would that hinder your ability to unlock everything?" thats because one of these commendations requires me to go an entire breakout match without dying. sorry but the only way to unlock that is 2 ways, that both require luck. 1 is you somehow dont get evenly match and you do dominate but you just happen to not which chances are if you are a forward team player, who actually helps their team win, by going out and PTFOing you have a high risk of dying but still getting your team the victory. Or the other way, which would make it way easier but even more luck. is to be a camping -Yoink- and have the other 4 team members on your team run out and fight the battle for you while you sit back and hide. sorry but i have seen too many people trying to do that in breakout. kind of why i stopped playing, there were other reason, but this really helped kill it for me. too many people want it so the camp for the win. hope they get 5 victories in a row and win the game and get 1 point for commendation. now do it over again how many times? 15-30ish times. Sorry but if you are a team player your chance of getting even 1 are highly unlikely. and its not skill. you can say its slightly skill but its way more luck. because while i killed 1 person in a round and my teammate who did better killed 3 but the last player got him and than my other teammate killed that guy. he played better but its just chance. i mean its swat with 1 life. your probability of surviving is rare if someone pulls out a pistol and just gets at least 1 go round off. that's it. for the rest of the match it doesnt matter if you go ape -Yoink- BA and wreck the other team, you die once its gone. so the better way to get it is to camp and not help your team and hope they can win 5 matches on a 5v4. totally ruining the point of the game as its suppose to be a speed match. i get 343 had good intention on this one but unfortunately too many people would rather take the easy route and try to play safe. now, if i ever play break out again, if i see that guy doing the camping on my team in the back to avoid dying and not helping my team, i wait til like the 3rd round to absolutely be positive and if he is in fact not helping, i just team kill him. i rather take a lose than have to deal with these guys. they quit, great we can get someone better in. Oh and i dont bother waiting to get a team either anymore because no one on my friends list really plays this anymore, or if so at a different time. i tried going on here several times asking for parties, probably 5 times i have tried, and got no one so im not gonna bother with that dumb saying "you got to get a team together" a waste about 30 of game time to finally find out no one wants in so na. thats 2-3 games i missed out on.

Would be nice if they forced groups to play to play against groups. so if you are in a team of 4/5 you get lined out with a group of 4/5 of another group so they cant verse randoms for an easier win. they have to play a more leveled playing field.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I have a company of 10 players and i'm the one that play the most. I feel like i'm working for 9 persons.
Sounds like a good reason to drop the one your in and join a more active one.
Is not like that, they are my friends, and i don't care if they don't play as much as I. But this armor is upsetting me because I want the full collection, i wasn't asking for objectives to unlock armors and now it seems that 343 wants me to leave the company of my friends to join one of unknown people.
Can you even finally leave Spartan Companies. i couldnt find that option and my friend that invited me said he did that so everyone would join him for the free req and couldn't be able to leave. did they fix that?
Im all for armor with comendations, but would love even MORE if they jad many linked to achievements, both from MCC and Guardians.
Sgt Fergus wrote:
Can you even finally leave Spartan Companies. i couldnt find that option and my friend that invited me said he did that so everyone would join him for the free req and couldn't be able to leave. did they fix that?
I'm a Lieutenant in my company and on the company banner, on top to the right, there is a "Resign" option. I'm not sure if it's there for regular company members, but I do know there is a "Discharge" option next to every members name on the roster page under Administration. I really don't want to, but I'm considering resigning from my company (only 14 members) and see if someone considers my enlist request, because if I want the new armor to complete my collection, I might have to do it.
Right? lol! It is definitely going to be something that will take some time (A lot of time) and skill to do with your Spartan Company, but I think it's cool that they are doing it and once people start getting it you're going to really notice them, kind of like the Hayabusa in Halo 3. That'll be cool!
The Spartan Company I am in only has 40 members signed up on Waypoint and we already have most the kill commendations to level 2. Least it gives us something to work toward I guess. Have to try and get more signed up.
Insane. I wonder if your stats transfer over... Or if they have to be earned whilst in the company.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 41