Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Beta armor customization is here to stay.

OP Detendez

With the recent Spartan Locke trailer people seem to be overlooking a certain detail with the armor set you unlock. Here's a link to a post on Xbox that has the descriptions for the armor pieces.

Notice how it states the description for only the helmet and the suit itself. No mention of the shoulders or legs being separate, It's all just one piece like how it was in the beta.

I'm not sure where some of you guys heard that the beta armor customization was only WIP and there would be a new armor customization system for the final game, but I never heard any of that anywhere and what I heard was there would just be one piece suits to avoid separate armors pieces clipping together (For example a bulky shoulder piece clips into a bulky chest piece.)

So just letting you guys know that what we saw in the beta is probably here to stay and we will only have access to the body suit, helmet and visor color which is pretty disappointing.
Yup. Looks like no multiplayer for me after achievements. :(
There is no good reason for this. Coming to a next generation console and taking out major features that were in previous games is just stupid.
Really? Due to a lack of minimal armor customization, you won't play the multiplayer? That seems sort of extreme.
Really? Due to a lack of minimal armor customization, you won't play the multiplayer? That seems sort of extreme.
Customization in Reach and H4 is hardly "minimal". I will play H5 multiplayer for the achievements then probably shelf it. I like getting invested in the characters I play as. 343i has no reason to scale back such a enormous feature that people have come to love. The only excuse I can think for it is laziness.
I pretty agree that Halo 5 need better customization.
At minimum like Halo 4.

But I think we all want Weapons customization (only visual of course), and more peace of armor to change.

The Beta was very desapointing at this point, but I was sure it was because it was only a beta.
That don't actually prove anything. they just might not have put up descriptions for the other pieces.
I would take this with a grain of salt if I were you.
This isn't confirmed yet
Hey 343 why don't you make a new Halo game called Halo : A New Look. Apparently you would make a mint as people want to play your game just to play dress up people don't care about fighting and shooting each other I will happily take only a 30% cut of the profits for my idea if you create this game thanks.
I would really like some more armor customization in the final game. Helmet, body and visor is less customization than Halo 3.
What would they have said, OP, in your opinion, if it was all individual components?
"The Mjolnir GEN2 left shoulder Paulson is specifically optimised for smashing aliens in the face."
They aren't exactly going to write in the description the exact specifications of each piece. Nothing is confirmed yet.
They told us the beta was just a glimpse at customization.

And, the shoulders and chest...etc have the same role therefore why put it as separate categories in this post, I guarantee you 343 wouldn't make a stupid move like that.
Shurifire wrote:
What would they have said, OP, in your opinion, if it was all individual components?
"The Mjolnir GEN2 left shoulder Paulson is specifically optimised for smashing aliens in the face."
They aren't exactly going to write in the description the exact specifications of each piece. Nothing is confirmed yet.
exactly
Customization in Reach and H4 is hardly "minimal". I will play H5 multiplayer for the achievements then probably shelf it. I like getting invested in the characters I play as. 343i has no reason to scale back such a enormous feature that people have come to love. The only excuse I can think for it is laziness.
It's great that you become invested in your character, but the only customizations you are missing out on are legs, shoulders, and arms. Doesn't seem like much to me. However, I think you should enjoy the game for its gameplay rather than its lack of dress-up features.
I'm all for more customization, but I don't think its a necessity for halo multiplayer, I still rock the base mark VI armor in H2a.....
Final customization will be deeper than on the beta. I thought this was already confirmed.

Locke's armor is one appearance skin, it's not meant to be split into multiple pieces like shoulder pads etc. You can already tell that even the undersuit is different from normal Spartan IV armor. Thus the phrasing of only having armor and helmet.

That seems to be the more likely scenario here.

Edit: A tweet confirming more in-depth customization https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/559176712219402240
Maybe they decided to invest more time into making the game fantastic, rather than sinking hours upon hours into designing oodles of cosmetic armor pieces.

At long as there is a large and diverse selection (the beta even had a pretty impressive selection for a beta) I don't care about being able to do my toenails or my armpits or whatever.
They've already confirmed the sets in the Beta was because it was...a beta.

Calm down, you haven't paid your $60 yet. You'll get to mix up your power ranger.