Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The bright side of Halo 5

OP Spencer410

With it being over 3 years into Halo 5, the player population is much lower compared to at launch. This brings forth all kinds of problems for fair matchmaking as many are aware, especially for solo queuers like myself. However here’s some positives of current H5 multiplayer.
  • Consistent competitive games that force you to get better and understand the game.
  • Play with the pro’s and top skilled players often. This is especially fun, since these guys are almost always playing. I love testing my skill against theirs even when I’m outmatched, it makes killing/beating them even better.
  • By now many more players are aware of how to play the game, making teammates (sometimes) easier to play with.
  • It’s more fine tuned after multiple updates. Much less bugs and exploits than at launch.
Let me know of any more in the comments. After realizing how different H5 is now and not expecting the same gameplay as it used to be has made the experience much more fun.
  1. Forge mode is essentially a sort of Gmod, with so many possibilities;
  2. The Weapon Property Swapping glitch remaining instead of being patched;
  3. The many easter eggs;
  4. The IWHBYD lines;
  5. Classic content, such as the SPNKr Rocket Launcher and the Mark V Delta helmet being added;
  6. Blue Team. Well, that ones' more personal because I'm a lore zealot, but I just LOVED finally seeing Blue Team in a game. I really hope they appear in Infinite and take a sort of H3 Arbiter role, being there when necessary;
  7. The many weapon and vehicle variants;
  8. Lootboxes only affecting Warzone and leaving the rest of the game untouched;
  9. Machinima controls;
  10. Customs Browser, even thought this feature is kinda ruined due to 90% of the lobbies being boring recruitment games. I just want to play a classic custom game, can we please stop with the recruitment? PLEASE?;
  11. Thruster Packs. The rest of the abilities can go.
Spencer410 wrote:
With it being over 3 years into Halo 5, the player population is much lower compared to at launch. This brings forth all kinds of problems for fair matchmaking as many are aware, especially for solo queuers like myself. However here’s some positives of current H5 multiplayer.
  • Consistent competitive games that force you to get better and understand the game.
  • Play with the pro’s and top skilled players often. This is especially fun, since these guys are almost always playing. I love testing my skill against theirs even when I’m outmatched, it makes killing/beating them even better.
  • By now many more players are aware of how to play the game, making teammates (sometimes) easier to play with.
  • It’s more fine tuned after multiple updates. Much less bugs and exploits than at launch.
Let me know of any more in the comments. After realizing how different H5 is now and not expecting the same gameplay as it used to be has made the experience much more fun.
Serious?
Competitive sure...maybe.
Not sure about skilled players...I've seen a lot of betrayals, crazy stuff stuff in the time I've played this game, general spawn camping too is common.
I'd have to disagree about the updates. At launch I had barely any problems, these days I have an issue with Halo 5 on a daily basis that makes it unplayable and what concerns me the most is 343i have stopped updating the game.
  • The BETA
  • JiP, since it was implemented more properly than in H4
  • The incredibly deep sandbox and its general balance; the REQ system's amazing weapon variants
  • The weapon tuning; however, it unfortunately left the regular H5BR and the SMG in some less-than-ideal states + a few others could still use some tiny adjustments.
  • Treating the magnum as a competent and useful starting weapon
  • Getting back to a more strict balanced start concept (...not really available since before Reach)
  • The Spartan Abilities; though, Spartan Charge could use some tweaking
  • The Custom Browser
  • The Minigame label
  • More new medals (though some were sadly dropped)
  • Weaponry highlighting
  • Spartan chatter and location labels
  • Forge. The advances have greatly helped to strengthen the custom community as well as to allow them to reach incredible achievements
  • Spartan Companies
  • There are many Maps that I like
  • All DLC included at no additional cost! Thanks to a minor-ly invasive REQ system that doesn't exactly turn the game into P2W
  • Dedicated servers
  • Seat switching within vehicles
  • 60 frames per second game-play
  • Advanced control settings
  • Warzone was an intriguing concept, but the return of a new type of Firefight within this area of the game is the best aspect of it
  • The squad concept in campaign
  • Focused, Balanced, and Expanded Matchmaking preferences
  • The ability to Spectate and Observe matches.
  • The Promethean Soldier and Goblin Mech
  • The Bronze - Onyx CSRs (w/ the most recent MMing updates)
  • The Matchmaker, Team Balancer, & TrueSkill improvements (TrueSkill Through Time)
  • The HCS competition, prize pools, and free viewership REQ packs.
  • The Ball spawn influencer for Oddball and Neutral Bomb (Assault) modes
eLantern wrote:
  • All DLC included at no additional cost! Thanks to a minor-ly invasive REQ system that doesn't exactly turn the game into P2W
That's because it was delayed base content. They claimed it would lead to plenty of content but all we got was recycled content, modes like BTB with no AAA maps whatsoever, for over a year we had barely any content, the first main Halo that had the least amount of content at launch. The only content I'd even class as dlc was Warzone but that was plagued with pay to win elements so not sure if I'd count that as free since it had strings attached, lead to the mode being online only like a majority of Halo 5.
Spawn and map control is part of the game imo
ronnie42 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
  • All DLC included at no additional cost! Thanks to a minor-ly invasive REQ system that doesn't exactly turn the game into P2W
That's because it was delayed base content.
I don't know about that, but in some cases I can understand that perspective.
Quote:
They claimed it would lead to plenty of content but all we got was recycled content,
11 official content drops isn't a small amount, but I understand the sentiment that a lot of it was recycled as there were plenty of variants on existing items.
Quote:
modes like BTB with no AAA maps whatsoever,
This was indeed a disappointing aspect, but the silver lining has been that its forced 343i to realize they need to empower the forge community to help deepen the map content of their game by working with the developers; plus, it puts a bigger emphasis on making forge an even more amazing tool than its been in the past.
Quote:
for over a year we had barely any content,
Not sure what year you're referring to? Are you talking about recently?

The first year was full of official content drops. I do wish those types of content drops had continued further into year 2, but we did get another big official one at the end of year 2 with a ton of smaller, not highly advertised, yet vital updates scattered throughout.

The third year was full of work relating to furthering matchmaking improvements which have been pretty impressive and playlist sustain efforts which have continued to the present day; plus, this has all coincided with a ton of work being done on the MCC too.
Quote:
the first main Halo that had the least amount of content at launch.
Yes and no.

Expected content at launch was lacking and waiting for it was very annoying, but the Warzone environment itself offered a whole new content experience even if it wasn't something everyone enjoyed and it clearly was a big undertaking that has vastly expanded the franchise's sandbox.
Quote:
The only content I'd even class as dlc was Warzone but that was plagued with pay to win elements so not sure if I'd count that as free since it had strings attached, lead to the mode being online only like a majority of Halo 5.
I wouldn't say the only content to count as DLC was Warzone, but again I understand the sentiment. Also, I've never paid for any additional content and I have pretty much everything that's available except all the emblems from commendations and spartan rank + the challenger armor.

Content I consider not solely dedicated to Warzone:

Overgrowth
Riptide
Torque
Tyrant
Stasis
Molten
Mercy
Forge Canvass Tidal
Forge Canvass Barrens
Forge Canvass Depths
Forge Weather Effects
Forge Materials & Overlays
Forge Pieces & Themes
Weapons
Vehicles
Assassinations
Armor Customizations
Weapon Customizations
Emblem Customizations
Spartan Companies
Matchmaking Preferences
Observer Mode
Custom Browser

The online only aspect that's found throughout a majority of the game was pretty annoying.
Firstly of course it was delayed content.

  1. Take Halo 3 for example the base content had Forge, BTB while Halo 5 removed them at launch, called it a 'free update' later on...even though fans did all the fan maps for them.
  2. Official content drops? once again...the only new thing they brought in was Warzone and the content drops were mostly just minor tweaks to armours to class as 'new'...which was a waste of development time.
  3. Forcing no AAA BTB maps was not a good thing, one of the worst things about Halo 5 because there was no way to play any AAA maps...even though they could even easily ported the Warzone maps over to BTB, for customs too. Plus Halo 5's forge is the worst in the series.
  4. Content drops in the first year?, WZ didn't even drop till over a year, we had to wait months for any content and the only thing to play for a long time was Arena with no BTB whatsoever. The only content drops I can think of is the rare maps and massive amount of minor reskins to clog up the UI. (Ironically making the UI a broken mess)
  5. Of course it had the least amount of content at launch....right now if you install the game without any updates...the only thing you can play is campaign, after that the only other thing that was playable was 4v4 maps or 1 because there was no maps to support BTB, the fact is Halo 1 had way more content than Halo 5 at launch. Also wrong, Warzone was not released at launch.
  6. I don't see how you count Warzone as not dlc...when it is impossible to play it by any other way. It is irrelevant if you paid for it or not...and is supported by the pay to win loot box system which is why the mode exists.
  7. I also unlocked everything because of the 'grind' that doesn't make it any less tedious.
  8. Yeh the online only issues annoy me too. It's weird how those restrictions still exist on H5 on console and yet they don't on Halo 5's Pc forge.
ronnie42 wrote:
... there was no way to play any AAA maps...even though they could even easily ported the Warzone maps over to BTB, for customs too.
Due to the way Warzone was built it wasn't possible for them to do this
ronnie42 wrote:
Plus Halo 5's forge is the worst in the series.
That's quite a take
stckrboy wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
... there was no way to play any AAA maps...even though they could even easily ported the Warzone maps over to BTB, for customs too.
Due to the way Warzone was built it wasn't possible for them to do this
ronnie42 wrote:
Plus Halo 5's forge is the worst in the series.
That's quite a take
Actually that makes no sense since from a design point since they can have the 3d models and textures exported to the game engine, it would make no sense to assume most of the content couldn't be ported to a different mode when they have the original files. The only issues the mode might have difficulty porting is maybe the waterfall style effects since the materials effects would made within the engine. In fact most of the maps should be easily ported if the engine itself is user friendly.

As for hating Halo 5's forge....think I've made it pretty clear in the forums for a while that Halo 5 forge is poorly designed and is both counter-productive and awful to use.
I've used Forge in every Halo game and enjoyed using them except Halo 5's version, Halo 5's forge is the 1st I generally despise using because I find no enjoyment in using.
ronnie42 wrote:
...
Honestly, you're not really good at this "BRIGHT SIDE OF HALO 5" subject as you've clearly chosen to hearken on the negative side instead which wasn't what the OP was requesting.
Quote:
Firstly of course it was delayed content.
All DLC by its nature is delayed content, but your response to me was in reference to all the DLC content as being delayed "base" content. That's why I said, "I don't know about that", but I could understand why someone might have that perspective.
Quote:
1. Take Halo 3 for example the base content had Forge, BTB while Halo 5 removed them at launch, called it a 'free update' later on...even though fans did all the fan maps for them.
Yes, Forge and BTB were content I considered as "expected" or "base" content which is why I didn't list them. And if I was making a post with regards to the negative aspects of Halo 5 that would have been included, but that's not what the OP was requesting nor what I was answering to in my response to you.
Quote:
2. Official content drops? once again...the only new thing they brought in was Warzone and the content drops were mostly just minor tweaks to armours to class as 'new'...which was a waste of development time.
Yes, 11 "official" content drops. I refer to: Battle of Shadow and Light, Cartographer's Gift, Infinity's Armory, Hammer Storm, Ghosts of Meridian, Memories of Reach, Hog Wild, Warzone Firefight (content drop title), Anvil's Legacy, Monitor's Bounty, and Overtime.

And I gave a headlining list of new stuff that was provided by these "official" content drops that weren't exclusively related to the Warzone environment. Some of it, of course, is going to be subjective with regards to their value. One person certainly may consider it a "waste of development time", but another very well may not. That's no different than how some DLC maps were perceived for past titles too.
Quote:
3. Forcing no AAA BTB maps was not a good thing, one of the worst things about Halo 5 because there was no way to play any AAA maps...even though they could even easily ported the Warzone maps over to BTB, for customs too. Plus Halo 5's forge is the worst in the series.
I never suggested that having no developer maps, exclusively designed for BTB, was a good thing; in fact, I said the opposite when discussing it specifically. But again, the purpose of this thread was to focus on the "Bright Side" which is what I was doing.

Also, you're out-of-your-mind if you think that Halo 5's Forge is the worst in the series. To me, that's the equivalent of proclaiming the Earth is flat. You're free to your opinion, but that doesn't stop your opinion from being absolutely wrong.
Quote:
4. Content drops in the first year?, WZ didn't even drop till over a year, we had to wait months for any content and the only thing to play for a long time was Arena with no BTB whatsoever. The only content drops I can think of is the rare maps and massive amount of minor reskins to clog up the UI. (Ironically making the UI a broken mess)
Yes, there were 9 "official" content drops in the 1st year.

Warzone and Warzone Assault WERE available at launch. You're clearly mixing those up with the Warzone Firefight mode which was released approximately 8 months after the title's launch.

The 1st "official" content drop (Battle of Shadow and Light) released less than a month after the launch of the title and those "official" content drops came pretty regularly during that initial year since there were 9 of them. But, some sort of playlist changes were also being made fairly regularly; in fact, pretty much on a weekly basis, at least in the beginning.
Quote:
5. Of course it had the least amount of content at launch....right now if you install the game without any updates...the only thing you can play is campaign, after that the only other thing that was playable was 4v4 maps or 1 because there was no maps to support BTB, the fact is Halo 1 had way more content than Halo 5 at launch.

Also wrong, Warzone was not released at launch.
"least amount of content at launch" - that's highly debatable depending on the value associated to the content. And, in many ways, it's just patently false when compared to the actual total content contained within some of the early titles. Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3: ODST clearly had less TOTAL content at launch as this includes customization, sandbox, modes, maps, and features. Again, a debate can be formed based on what content an evaluator may appraise as being more or less valuable, but total content is still total content.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I'll repeat: Warzone, and Warzone Assault, were available at launch.
Quote:
6. I don't see how you count Warzone as not dlc...when it is impossible to play it by any other way. It is irrelevant if you paid for it or not...and is supported by the pay to win loot box system which is why the mode exists.
Another repeat: Warzone and Warzone Assault were available at launch, so they're not DLC. And the relevancy of the REQ system is an important component as it's got aspects of Pay-To-Win (P2W) without being a clear-cut P2W system.

If you look back at my initial post I didn't outline the Warzone, or Warzone Assault, modes as things I considered to be on the so-called "bright side" of Halo 5, but for some others it very well might just be. I do think it was a clever and intriguing concept. A concept that I hope is expanded on in Infinite, but in many ways also reeled back a bit too.

I, unlike many others, don't necessarily mind micro-transactions when they're more or less limited to customization and a particular environment that properly governs and restricts its ability to become full-pledged P2W. There's some actual positives to a title being able to generate some revenue from things like that given that revenue is then re-invested into the title and franchise.
Quote:
7. I also unlocked everything because of the 'grind' that doesn't make it any less tedious.
I don't recall listing "the grind" on my "bright side" list. The RNG aspect of unlocking customization items is what bothers me most, but then again I can also appreciate that most items aren't therefore locked behind particular progression challenges or accomplishment tasks. Yet, I know that there are plenty of people who enjoy those types of "grinds" instead.
Quote:
8. Yeh the online only issues annoy me too. It's weird how those restrictions still exist on H5 on console and yet they don't on Halo 5's Pc forge.
Indeed. I still hope that after all the MCC's updates and whatnot that a team can revisit Halo 5 in order to do a full overhaul and fix all the underlying issues while also porting it over to the PC with cross-platform cross-play.
Way too much micro-quoting to follow....

Anyway short version:
What I find a waste of development is using minor changes armour changes to exploit gamers via loot box's instead of actually making AAA quality content. Quality over quantity....

"least amount of content"...hardly debatable:
Halo 1 - Campaign, multiplayer up to 8 v 8
Halo 2 - Same as above, included new features like hijacking as the new standard
Halo 3 - Same as above, included new modes like Forge
Halo Odst - Campaign, Firefight and included Reach maps/forge on separate disc with the game known as Halo Anniversary Reach multiplayer.
Halo Reach - Campaign, Multiplayer, maybe one of the best Forge's in the series and many new modes like Invasion and one of the biggest selection of armours without recycling content with minor changes, including 'cosmetic' add-ons and fully customisable Firefight.

Meanwhile Halo 5 at launch - Campaign only until patch due there being no local multplayer at launch then 4 vs 4 with no BTB or Forge or Warzone, no Firefight whatsoever, when we got WZ:F after launch it was locked to online only and restricted to matchmaking with no way to make changes.

Copying/pasting and making minor changes to make it seem like 'more content' is hardly more content but more exploitation.

Warzone and Warzone Assault was not at launch, that's a fact so not sure why you're claiming the opposite. Downloadable content is dlc, it makes no sense to claim there not.
ronnie42 wrote:
What I find a waste of development is using minor changes armour changes to exploit gamers via loot box's instead of actually making AAA quality content. Quality over quantity.
Again you're simply focusing on one of your personal negative takes of Halo 5. Come on man, you don't perceive any bright sides? That's the point of this thread.

In this regard, what you perceive as an exploitation may not be seen as an exploitation to others. And anyways, all of the Mjolnir armors since Combat Evolved are, more or less, a fairly minor concept change from the Mark V Mjolnir Armor seen within the first game. Lore, graphical improvements, and tactical reason govern most of the differential changes and looks. You say quality over quantity, but its fairly subjective as to what armors are considered quality vs "just quantity".
Quote:
"least amount of content"...hardly debatable:

Halo 1 - Campaign, multiplayer up to 8 v 8
Halo 2 - Same as above, included new features like hijacking as the new standard
Halo 3 - Same as above, included new modes like Forge
Halo Odst - Campaign, Firefight and included Reach maps/forge on separate disc with the game known as Halo Anniversary Reach multiplayer.
Halo Reach - Campaign, Multiplayer, maybe one of the best Forge's in the series and many new modes like Invasion and one of the biggest selection of armours without recycling content with minor changes, including 'cosmetic' add-ons and fully customisable Firefight.

Meanwhile Halo 5 at launch - Campaign only until patch due there being no local multplayer at launch then 4 vs 4 with no BTB or Forge or Warzone, no Firefight whatsoever, when we got WZ:F after launch it was locked to online only and restricted to matchmaking with no way to make changes.

Copying/pasting and making minor changes to make it seem like 'more content' is hardly more content but more exploitation.
Don't focus so much on the online/offline aspect, but instead just look at the actual content total per title.

Combat Evolved:

  • Campaign = 10 levels w/ potential 2-player split-screen co-op game-play
  • (Console) Multiplayer Maps = 13 maps. 2 large vehicular maps, 2 large infantry only maps, 9 smaller arena-like maps
  • Multiplayer Modes = 6 basic offerings: Slayer, Elimination (Slayer), Oddball, CTF/(1-Flag Assault), KotH, & Race. Variants can be made of each
  • Custom games w/ split-screen and system-link capabilities for up to 16 total players
  • 8 useable weapons for multiplayer
  • 4 useable vehicles for multiplayer
  • 2 grenade types
  • 2 power-ups
  • 18 character color customization options
Halo 2:

  • Campaign = 15 levels w/ potential 2-player split-screen co-op game-play
  • (Console) Multiplayer Maps [at release] = 12 maps. 2 large vehicular maps, 3 large-ish vehicular progression-style maps, 1 map w/ a single vehicle, 6 infantry only arena-style maps
  • Multiplayer Modes = 8 basic offerings: Slayer, Elimination (Slayer), Oddball, CTF/(1-Flag), KotH, Assault (Bomb)/(1-Bomb Assault), Territories, & Juggernaut. Variants can be made of each.
  • Online Multiplayer Playlists [at release] = 9 playlists: Rumble Pit, Team Skirmish, Head-to-Head, BTB, Minor Clan Match, Major Clan Match, Training Ground, Double Team, & Team Preview
  • Online custom games or offline custom games. System-link capabilities for up to 16 total players
  • 23 Multiplayer Medals
  • Online Matchmaking Ranks
  • Rudimentary skill-based matchmaking (revolutionary for its time)
  • Clans
  • 16 useable weapons for multiplayer
  • 7 useable vehicles for multiplayer
  • 2 grenade types
  • 2 power ups
  • Spartan or Elite playable character for multiplayer
  • 64 emblems and 32 emblem backgrounds: customizable to create a character call-sign
  • 18 character color customization options w/ primary and secondary choices
ODST:

  • Campaign = 10 levels w/ potential 4-player online or split-screen co-op game-play
  • Campaign score mode
  • Firefight maps = 8
  • Firefight is the only mode offered; though, it can be played online without matchmaking or offline via system-link and split-screen
  • 17 useable weapons for firefight
  • I believe its 7 useable vehicles for firefight
  • 4 grenade types
  • 39 campaign/firefight medals
  • 96 emblems and 52 emblem backgrounds w/ color choices
  • 7 character choices for firefight w/ option for most to have their helmet on or off
  • 30 character color customization options w/ primary and secondary choices
Guardians:

  • Campaign = 15 levels w/ potential 4-player online JiP co-op game-play
  • Multiplayer maps [at release] = 8 arena maps + 3 Warzone maps w/ 3 Assault variants + 5 Breakout maps designed from the (1) Breakout Arena canvas
  • Multiplayer modes = 6 basic offerings: 4 arena options - Slayer, CTF, Strongholds (3-Plot Territories), & Breakout (Elimination). 2 Warzone options - Warzone & Warzone Assault. Variants can be made of the Arena modes
  • Online multiplayer playlists [at release] = 7 playlists: 5 Arena playlists - Team Arena, Slayer, Breakout, FFA, & SWAT. 2 Warzone playlists - Warzone & Warzone Assault
  • Online custom games for up to 16 total players
  • Spectator mode
  • Theater mode
  • 65 achievements
  • 171 multiplayer medals
  • 110 commendations
  • Online matchmaking ranks w/ seasonal resets
  • Skill-based matchmaking via TrueSkill
  • Limited JiP for the warzone environement
  • Online banhammer for unsportsman like behavior
  • 28 weapon skins at launch
  • At launch there were 32 different types of useable weapons for multiplayer. And there were variants for most. 21 Assault Rifles, 21 Battle Rifles, 21 DMRs, 1 Magnum, 21 SMGs, 3 Beam Rifles, 3 Binary Rifles, 3 Bolt Shots, 1 Carbine, 4 Swords, 3 Fuel Rod Cannons, 2 detachable Gauss Turrets, 3 Hydra Launchers, 3 Incendiary Cannons, 1 Light Rifle, 1 Whispered Truth, 3 Needlers, 3 Plasma Casters, 3 Plasma Pistols, 1 detachable Plasma Turret, 3 Railguns, 3 Rocket Launchers, 2 detachable Rocket Pod Turrets, 3 Saws, 3 Scattershots, 4 Shotguns, 4 Sniper Rifles, 3 Spartan Lasers, 1 detachable Splinter Turret, 1 Storm Rifle, 1 Suppressor, & 2 detachable Chaingun Turrets. This created a grand total of 152 sandbox weapons at launch
  • At launch there were 12 different types of useable vehicles for multiplayer. And again there were variants for most. 3 Banshees, 4 Gauss Hogs, 3 Ghosts, 4 Gungooses, 4 Mantises, 4 Mongooses, 1 Phaeton, 4 Rocket Hogs, 4 Scorpion Tanks, 4 Scout Hogs, 4 Warthogs, & 3 Wraiths. This created a grand total of 42 sandbox vehicles at launch
  • 3 grenade types
  • 4 power-ups w/ 2 variants of each
  • 10 armor mods
  • 8 assassination styles
  • 218 emblems w/ 33 color selections and 7 style selections per color
  • 175 armor sets and helmets
  • 53 visor colors
  • 60 character color customization options w/ primary and secondary choices
  • 14 character stance options
  • 15 arena and 18 warzone matchmaking boosts
It's incredibly laughable to suggest that Halo 5 didn't have more overall content at launch. It may not have had what you would consider "quality" content, but nonetheless it definitely had a ton more content in total.
Quote:
Warzone and Warzone Assault was not at launch, that's a fact so not sure why you're claiming the opposite. Downloadable content is dlc, it makes no sense to claim there not.
What's a fact is that you're wrong. And you could have prevented it by simply searching YouTube for some video evidence of people playing it on the title's release date (Oct. 27th 2015) such as HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, etc. I haven't claimed anything but the truth. You clearly are going out of your way to try making Halo 5 seem worse than it was/is.
Seriously too much information.
Reskinning content is not the same as adding new major content, certainly seemed like it was going to be dead at launch due to lack of content.
Of course I don't see much positive's side about Halo 5...I actually don't like the game, generally I dislike the way it was handled.
Also of course I'm going to focus on the online/offline...I despise the fact that modes are forced to online only because in 10+ years all the modes will be unplayable and any 'updates' will become meaningless. Look at MCC that game has everything available offline and yet I know I can keep playing them indefinitely while with Halo 5 the only thing that was playable at launch without updates was the campaign, nothing more and that means no BTB/Warzone/Multiplayer.....literally nothing else but the campaign, a majority of people hated the campaign.

Maybe I am getting mixed up with WZ with Firefight but let's be honest those modes only exist to cater to the pay to win/lottery system that was created for the REQ system, which is why a lot of people found this video patronising.

Also comparing launch content to 'dlc update' makes no sense. If 343i wanted they could add an 'infinite' amount of content to H5 if they wanted but that doesn't change the facts that Warzone was created to try replace BTB but instead all it did was annoy BTB fans, which is why they ended up creating later on.
I like big team refresh!
ronnie42 wrote:
Seriously too much information.
Just giving you the necessary information to become informed.
Quote:
Re-skinning content is not the same as adding new major content, certainly seemed like it was going to be dead at launch due to lack of content.
Some things, like weapon, vehicle, and armor variants involve types of visual re-skinning, but for the weapons and vehicles there's different attributes underneath. And even if you take those away there's still a ton more content overall.

The only reason to feel like it was going to be dead at launch was because it didn't include the things you personally expected to be available and specifically wanted to play. I know I was quite upset that it lacked a proper BTB and Shotty Snipes playlist, but I was ecstatic that there was a SWAT playlist available at launch.

Plus, regardless to my personal desire for modes like Neutral Bomb Assault, Extraction, Regicide, Oddball, KotH, Ricochet, 1-Flag/1-Bomb as well as Infection I was pretty disappointed that they were missing too -- even for customs. Instead we got Warzone which annoyed me because I didn't care for the AI Boss scoring aspect, Warzone Assault which bothered me because I thought the round-based concept was designed very poorly, and Breakout -- I've just never been much of a fan of the elimination mode in past titles.

Clearly they were trying some new things and they wanted to give them the best opportunity to gain a footing. And fewer playlists naturally consolidates the population for better matchmaking results - at least initially. Plus, obviously there may have been some profit incentive desire for them to push Warzone with its REQ system.
Quote:
Of course I don't see much positive's side about Halo 5...I actually don't like the game, generally I dislike the way it was handled.
[sarcasm_font] Odd, I never would have guessed. [/sarcasm_font]

But, why bother commenting within a thread that's focused on the positive aspects of Halo 5?

No point if you can't contribute something positive.
Quote:
Also of course I'm going to focus on the online/offline...I despise the fact that modes are forced to online only because in 10+ years all the modes will be unplayable and any 'updates' will become meaningless.
I also despise the fact that much of this game is forced to be played online. A primary reason is exactly for the reason you state. Thankfully, offline customs are possible now thanks to the Local Server App, but I wish it didn't require jumping through all the hoops that are required. And I want to remain hopeful that Halo 5 can get a complete overhaul someday in the future similar to what the MCC is currently receiving.
Quote:
Look at MCC that game has everything available offline and yet I know I can keep playing them indefinitely
That wasn't always the case. The overhaul that the MCC has fairly recently gone under now allows this to be true.
Quote:
while with Halo 5 the only thing that was playable at launch without updates was the campaign, nothing more and that means no BTB/Warzone/Multiplayer.....literally nothing else but the campaign, a majority of people hated the campaign.
I tell you, you have some great material for a thread focused on the negative aspects of Halo 5 and I'm right there with you on things like this.
Quote:
Maybe I am getting mixed up with WZ with Firefight but let's be honest those modes only exist to cater to the pay to win/lottery system that was created for the REQ system, which is why a lot of people found this video patronising.
Of course you're mixing up Warzone and Warzone Assault with Warzone Firefight.

And no I don't agree that they "only" exist to cater to a pay-to-win/REQ lottery system. I actually think it was a clever concept to allow for an expansive sandbox with individual freedom to select items for combat without completely breaking a competitive balance. Now it also meant inviting the means to add micro-transactions to the title which of course raises concerns regarding the decisions made by a developer based on profit margin over consumer experience. It's certainly a fair concern that consumers may have, but I think 343 did fairly well in that regard with Halo 5. I think they've learned from their mistakes and are looking to do what's right in a more balanced way going forward.

Also, I didn't really find that video all that patronizing back then or now.
Quote:
Also comparing launch content to 'dlc update' makes no sense. If 343i wanted they could add an 'infinite' amount of content to H5 if they wanted but that doesn't change the facts that Warzone was created to try replace BTB but instead all it did was annoy BTB fans, which is why they ended up creating later on.
Dude, you started in on the launch/DLC content comparison with your initial response to me.

Warzone was a new idea looking to take the BTB concept to a new level. They obviously felt that it would draw the appreciation of BTB fans and wouldn't need to sink similar development resources into creating more traditional BTB maps because of that, but they were wrong. However, they were fairly transparent with regards to the delay of BTB and in the mean time it gave their new Warzone environment the spotlight. I don't think it was the right thing to do, but that also doesn't mean that I can't make sense of it. From a business perspective it makes a ton of sense. From a consumer's perspective there's little reason to like that decision and I don't. Nevertheless, this thread is a "bright side" topic and I didn't post my initial response with any of my contempt -- only the things I liked, loved, and appreciated.
eLantern wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Seriously too much information.
Just giving you the necessary information to become informed.
Quote:
Actually the opposite, it's looking hard to read and disorganised. Just keep it brief...not everyone wants to read long paragraphs and endless micro-quotes. It's pretty obvious that you only want to see the positive of Halo 5 and I understand that to a degree but this is an open thread for others to discuss their beliefs regardless of whether you agree with them.

Anyway of course Warzone was created to exploit gamers. There are times where the mode itself doesn't work at times, when it will only work for 1 team due to only allowing 1 team to use REQ'S, at the launch is was pretty clear it was pay to win because barely anyone had stockpiled any REQ's, top of that the way the REQ system is even setup is 'colourful' enough to make it seem like a reward for buying them. From a business sense?...it's a gamble that they hope works but at the same time it can backfire like what happened to Star Wars Battlefront 2. If it wasn't created to exploit gamers then there wouldn't be any form of pay to win elements, the fact is there is like 'boosts' that give an advantage or vehicle/weapon upgrades that give stat increases. Anyway if they want to make better in future Halo games then they need to make it more like BTB with AI, things like being able to hijack enemy AI vehicles.

Compare? I was pointing out that launch content had barely any content at launch, the fact is Halo 5 lacked any content at launch and was a common complaint. I know this might sound harsh but there isn't much point to a 'only say good/bad threads' since all it does is lead to misleading information and give the wrong impression of what the majority think of the game. A discussion about Halo 5 or any other Halo should be constructive, only saying 'only talk about the good' things is only going to attract criticism for people that dislike the direction of the game because we don't want 343i to get the wrong impression of H5, which is why so many people are actively talking about this with things like this, this to help improve Halo instead of just accepting things as they are.

Anyway I think I've said enough on the topic...
ronnie42 wrote:
eLantern wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Seriously too much information.
Just giving you the necessary information to become informed.
Actually the opposite, it's looking hard to read and disorganised. Just keep it brief...
Oh, how about a brief summary of what you’re doing because there’s a perfect slogan to describe it:

HATERS GONNA HATE.
Quote:
It's pretty obvious that you only want to see the positive of Halo 5 and I understand that to a degree...
That’s because the topic, and therefore subject, of this thread is:

THE BRIGHT SIDE OF HALO 5.

Look, I’ve made plenty of constructive threads/posts sharing feedback on Halo 5 that’s been negative in tone or very critical in nature; in fact, if I get a moment later perhaps I’ll edit this post to link some of them. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate a ton of what this game did well and offers to We consumers. I will give ample create where create is due from my perspective.

And another thing, I’m an older Halo fan. I was in my 20s when Combat Evolved released and I’ve played all of them as my main FPS (more or less) since its launch. One thing I’ve learned over the life of the franchise is that for a percentage of fans there’s a type of vogue-ness associated to dumping their hate onto the most recent title. Obviously a percentage of the criticism is well deserved, but in many cases the community helps grow the disdain for the newest title to levels that are often a bit irrational. I've picked up on this trend as being self-evident over the franchise's history. And in-turn it's always interesting to see the rampant hate that was associated to past titles soften over time.
Quote:
...but this is an open thread for others to discuss their beliefs regardless of whether you agree with them.
You’re right. It is an open thread and we are discussing our beliefs.

This has also included me pointing out where your belief has been wrong (particularly the lies) and trying to draw attention to the thread’s topic of positivity instead of negativity. However, you’re just so dang determined to maintain your negativity that I’m realizing it’s pretty pointless to continue trying.
Finally a player that said is good play against the pros, because there are a lot of players than only leave the matches when they saw pro players, that kind of players never will be good, because only playing against better players will help you to improve yourself