OP TestyPine30

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
It's literally pointless. 343, as usual, disappoints.
Maybe it's just because Halo 5 has become 343i's money cow and they've chosen not to put a lot of effort into the game. But you've pretty much described how their behavior has been for a while and I think it needs to change; there are standards that come with being a AAA video game company and 343i isn't reaching them.
How you interpret their "effort" is purely subjective though. I think they've worked hard on the game. It isn't perfect though.
Sorry, I didn't mean to just flail my words around. I agree that they tried hard, but it's no news that Microsoft did interrupt their progress with the whole Cortana fiasco. I want to trust 343i like I did before Halo 5's launch, and I think the best thing we can do is make our voices heard this time.
I definitely think people should let them know if they're unhappy but hyperbole doesn't help them engage us in any way. I will say I enjoy the multi-player thoroughly but the campaign was seriously botched but I think they know we expect better but they have to keep a tight lid on the story.
Yeah I really doubt they care. They'll just sweep this controversy under the rug like they did with the MCC. Halo 6 will come out and will have more things that make the series less like Halo and more like Call of Titanfall. I think 343i listens. I think they hear us. I just don't think they care. Oh well I've said if before but I'm really running out of patience.
Maybe it's just because Halo 5 has become 343i's money cow and they've chosen not to put a lot of effort into the game. But you've pretty much described how their behavior has been for a while and I think it needs to change; there are standards that come with being a AAA video game company and 343i isn't reaching them.
How you interpret their "effort" is purely subjective though. I think they've worked hard on the game. It isn't perfect though.
Sorry, I didn't mean to just flail my words around. I agree that they tried hard, but it's no news that Microsoft did interrupt their progress with the whole Cortana fiasco. I want to trust 343i like I did before Halo 5's launch, and I think the best thing we can do is make our voices heard this time.
I definitely think people should let them know if they're unhappy but hyperbole doesn't help them engage us in any way. I will say I enjoy the multi-player thoroughly but the campaign was seriously botched but I think they know we expect better but they have to keep a tight lid on the story.
Yes, that's a very good point. It's also a necessity to be clear and constructive with our requests to 343i. If we can get a MASTAPEECE story for Halo 6 then I think I can overlook some other complaints haha
343 have to understand the frustration of players.
SA's have been a big sticking point for a lot of people for a number of years. Hearing that a classic playlist was being released got a lot of people excited to play. I can see why 343 want to leave their mark on the gametype, but they should have named it different or at the very least offered an explanation as to why they had to put them in.

I haven't played nearly any Slayer in H5 compared to WZ but would have played the -Yoink- out this.
I'm not gonna defend the current idea of "classic", but in another thread, Sketch mentioned bringing up an ability-free playlist to the MP team. So at least there's that.
It is classic insofar as it uses the CE Magnum starts and will be on CE Forge Maps
I know what the playlist that we're getting is. But Sketch mentioned bringing up an ability-free playlist to the MP team.
343 listened to the community a year later *slow clap X3*
Hotrod192 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think anybody is really surprised at 343i at this point. Time and time again they've shown us that they really don't care about making us happy, they just want to stick to their vision of Halo, which means doing everything different than how Halo was with Bungie. They know that we don't like black undersuits, yet refuse to give them to us despite us proving to them that it would be easy for them to do it. Even with a 4 year-old thread with thousands upon thousands of replies, they don't give us playable Elites. So I think having a "classic" playlist that includes Spartan Abilities doesn't surprise anybody, despite being a disappointment.

They've taken Halo down a path where it is no longer succeeding, yet their pride and vanity refuses to let them see it.
I've tried to be very clear with 343i and Ske7ch (who replied to my thread on the matter) that I can see 343i want to do their own thing with the main series games, but that there are still options they can consider for classic fans. I left him a clearly detailed, and constructive idea that could be the start of treating the classic community (and games) with a lot more respect than we have been.

Whether or not they take that road, or any road similar, is anybody's guess. But I also made it clear that it's my last effort to help 343i do right by us. If they can't then fine, that's me out.
I'm not gonna defend the current idea of "classic", but in another thread, Sketch mentioned bringing up an ability-free playlist to the MP team. So at least there's that.
It is classic insofar as it uses the CE Magnum starts and will be on CE Forge Maps
I know what the playlist that we're getting is. But Sketch mentioned bringing up an ability-free playlist to the MP team.
I threw the quotations in as a jab to the overall hissyfit that people are throwing about it not being classic at all. Hopefully it's something they do look into.
I'm not into a sans-abilities playlist, but I'm not against one existing for anyone else. This announcement does seem intentionally misleading with its "Classic" naming, seeing as how some of the community has been asking for a classic playlist in the form of removed spartan abilities for a while now.

That being said, this sounds like it could still be a fun playlist option. CE maps with the CE pistol should be fun.

But yeah, I get your disappointment. I don't think this is what anyone was asking for.
Me personally I would much rather have more Classic playlists that are missing be put into the game permanently. Like KotH, BTB Heavies, etc...
Hmm, that sounds familiar.

Almost like Bravo never left.
Hmm, that sounds familiar.

Almost like Bravo never left.
I don't follow?
I've already put my copy of Halo 5 on Craigslist. This was the last straw, at least Gears 4 has the EXACT same gameplay. Why don't game developers understand that ALL people want is:

-New Maps, vehicles, weapons.
-Add something small to make it a little different than the previous game.
(Gears 4 added a knife execution which is bad -Yoink- , that's it!)

I would have been perfectly fine with classic Halo gameplay, plus now you can choose your assassination! Or weapon skins for power weapons!

No need to change the damn formula..
People bought Cod for YEARS and it was generally the same every game, which was fine, that's what people want.
Now they go super futuristic and guess what?
Preorders down the -Yoinking!- drain.
they have known since launch that we are unhappy but did not aknowledge it until the previous community feedback program,i posted why me and some people in the community are unhappy with 343 decision making in the community feedback program MANY times,i've posted in the thread where sketch first introduced himself,I posted in the share your waypoint community creations n ideas and in the classic playlists thread where sketch made the unfortunate clarification,heck i even tweeted to him and unyshek and to @halo about his recent clarification that made some people unhappy when he clarified that the classic playlist was not classic halo.Even LNG AND/OR Favyn was displeased when it was not classic.I will try the playlist out though
Richnj wrote:
I still think of halo 3 as classic and it had abilities
Halo 3 didn't have abilities. It had Equipment.

Now granted there are plenty who hate Equipment just as much as abilities, but there are crucial differences between the two. Notably that Equipment are map pick ups and 1 time use.

Most Halo 3 maps are not designed around Equipment either (High Ground being the one exception that comes to mind, with the grav lift to laser tower, and even that is only one instance on one map). You can simply delete Equipment from the maps in forge and still have very fun gameplay and maps. There is no such luck with SAs.
To me equipment and abilities are basicly the same thing it's just whether some thing gets labled an ability, armour mod, equipment, grenades, weapon attachments, power up, weapon trait, or a basic function. Then whether is unlimited, limited uses, or one use.

Maybe instead of blaming abilities/equipment for braking the game maybe it should be the map design that is to blame with exceptions to balance issues like with armour lock.
I don't think you even played Halo 3 if you think equipment is anywhere near the same as Spartan abilities. Spartan abilities are PERMANENT, equipment lasts 20 seconds tops. Most are easily avoidable. Enemy has a Regen? Don't battle them, wait it out. Enemy had a bubble shield? Walk in and throw a quick sticky at his face (or walk away). Enemy has a power drain? Just stay put, the enemy isn't going to walk through the power drain and ruin his health to go get you, and if he does, you'll both be at the same playing level. Enemy has a flare? Just.. wait, what? Who ever used the flare? Equipment wasn't part of the game, they were just nuisances. Spartan abilities are there every second of every game and are constantly being used.
Well I just tweeted to sketch and got this response from him about why the recent clarification abou the anniversary playlist was not the "classic playlist" we thought we were getting where he mentioned it the previous blog,here is what he said: "not this one in 11/15 though a "classic" gameplay playlist is being discussed and seems inevitable"
We can only hope soon but good luck.
They should change the terminology. Call it an Anniversary Playlist. If it isn't going to use Classic mechanics (and they know some of the community wants that), don't call it Classic. That way they don't get people's hopes up only to immediately dash them. Then it hurts less.
I'm not into a sans-abilities playlist, but I'm not against one existing for anyone else. This announcement does seem intentionally misleading with its "Classic" naming, seeing as how some of the community has been asking for a classic playlist in the form of removed spartan abilities for a while now.

That being said, this sounds like it could still be a fun playlist option. CE maps with the CE pistol should be fun.

But yeah, I get your disappointment. I don't think this is what anyone was asking for.
My sentiments exactly. I don't really care what the new playlist is and what it entails. I'll still play it nonetheless. However, I will admit calling this playlist "classic" when it clearly isn't is a really -Yoink!- move on 343's part. You guys know better than this. At least, I hope you do.
I haven't played H5 in months, but after this I'm just going to delete it and not redownload it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5