[Locked] The "classic" playlist has shown 343's true colurs

OP TestyPine30

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I mean, its classic in the way the Halo Anniversary DLC for Reach was.
Nope, because in Reach, they changed the movement speed, weapon damage, and other things to make it feel classic.
Nope, because in Reach, they changed the movement speed, weapon damage, and other things to make it feel classic.
Only 343 would fail this hard at making a classic playlist...
No it's not. Reach Anniversary has tweaked damage, movement speed, no Armor Abilities, and dev-made fully remastered maps. The only thing that really got carried over was Bloom, and that was basically the same as random bullet deviation anyway.
LethalQ wrote:
This is just another case of some in the community assuming what something was and now raging that it's not what they thought. at least 343 is clarifying what the playlist exactly is before it gets released. I am still looking forward to it.
I am one of those people and I think you're exactly right for that reason. I think a lot of people have pointed out but not said outright, the simple naming convention is misleading. Saying 'classic playlist' has pretty obvious implications, if they had called it something like 'Anniversary slayer' or 'classic halo 5 bday party' or almost anything else, we might not have jumped to that conclusion and then perceived 343 was at fault. Whether that possible misdirection was intentional or not is what validate people's opinions either way.

I also agree that im excited to play, even though I am one of those that are totally -Yoinking!- disappointed. as I said earlier I don't like 90% of H5 maps and even if the remakes don't play like they used to, they can't possibly be worse than the misery that is Overgrowth or Molten. Also, I play remade maps in customs with buddies, some work perfectly fine just not the exact same as they used to. Try High Citadel and tell me it's not the -Yoink- :)
They chose CE because it's its 15th anniversary and they want to celebrate it. They should have come up with a better name like "Halo: CE 15th Anniversary Playlist".
I agree with this 100%
343's true colors were shown at the release of call of duty xenophobic warfare in 2012.
Yay this is soo deep
I think a lot of people have pointed out but not said outright, the simple naming convention is misleading. Saying 'classic playlist' has pretty obvious implications, if they had called it something like 'Anniversary slayer' or 'classic halo 5 bday party' or almost anything else, we might not have jumped to that conclusion and then perceived 343 was at fault.
I think the only name that would help would be 'Halo 15 years celebration playlist' or something like that. Mentioning anything classic or anniversary in the title just implies that it should have changed settings that are more than the starting weapons.
I understand where people are coming from with this anger, as what 343 is doing is pretty dumb, however, I don't think an actual classic playlist would be a good idea, as the weapon sandbox was designed with the Spartan Abilities heavily in mind, so even without these abilities, it wouldn't play like a classic halo. If you do want something close. Go to YouTube and search for "scace classic halo 5."
Well I just tweeted to sketch and got this response from him about why the recent clarification abou the anniversary playlist was not the "classic playlist" we thought we were getting where he mentioned it the previous blog,here is what he said: "not this one in 11/15 though a "classic" gameplay playlist is being discussed and seems inevitable"
We can only hope soon but good luck.
Ehmmm guys, ske7ch already pointed out the playlist we're going to get IS NOT the Classic Playlist they talked about. I actually saw that. I knew the Classic Playlist would take longer. I mean, they wouldn't release it in less that 2 weeks after being confirmed. I'd bet that will arrive around the time of the next update (which I'm REALLY desperate to get news of) and it'll probably be permanent. This is just a temporary playlist conmemorating Halo's 15th Anniversary. Chill. 343 didn't dissappoint us here. Wait until we get more proper confirmation of the Classic Playlist. Then if that one IS dissappointing you're free to complain. It seems that most people here misunderstood the "Anniversary Playlist" and took it as the Classic Playlist we were told about.
I'm not a fan of breaking 343's balls, but they should've known better here. At least change the name and stop misleading people. This isn't the end of the world (or should I say Halo) though, people.
Yeah of you are going to call it classic you need to remove all abilities and keep the game pure. Beyond that the number one complaint about Halo should be the server situation. Halo is supposed to be an esport game and that is just a joke. The number one factor in your success in halo is your distance to the servers. There are not enough servers. Games should be region based, they should give you in game connection quality bars (green,yellow,red). So much more could be done. I hate playing a game and winning knowing it's because I have server advantage or vice versa. #the real h5 problem
yep yep yep. How every disappointing. Guess ill hold my breathe into halo wars 2, because halo 5 has nothing left to offer.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think a lot of people have pointed out but not said outright, the simple naming convention is misleading. Saying 'classic playlist' has pretty obvious implications, if they had called it something like 'Anniversary slayer' or 'classic halo 5 bday party' or almost anything else, we might not have jumped to that conclusion and then perceived 343 was at fault.
I think the only name that would help would be 'Halo 15 years celebration playlist' or something like that. Mentioning anything classic or anniversary in the title just implies that it should have changed settings that are more than the starting weapons.
You're probably right. The specific name of the playlist wasn't the point of my post, the way it was portrayed was the what I thought to be the issue.

And the idea that some of the maps may be acceptable, despite the malcontent (which I do still have as well)
yep yep yep. How every disappointing. Guess ill hold my breathe into halo wars 2, because halo 5 has nothing left to offer.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to Halo Wars 2 since the art style reminds me of classic Halo. I just wish they would do something for those of us who want the classic Halo fps experience. I still have problems with MCC. I know some people here are saying it works but for me I run into issues all the time. Oh well.
I do think that 343 care but it is really strange that they have not done a lot of things, like where legitimate classic playlist at? Where the sell multiple Reqs at a time? Oddball, KOTH? Yeah they are pretty shady. However, to answer your question about why only CE maps, their releasing it on Tuesday which is when Halo CE released, and also my brother's birthday. Lol, if it was only going to be CE themed then it shouldn't have been called "Classic".
If your playing halo 5 you have to expect halo 5 gameplay no matter the playlist. They will not move backwards. I believe 343 has made this very clear. They wish to only more forward with their projects and vision rather than look back on Budgie's success.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5