Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The community is misinformed

OP Arc Trooper 48

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22
Cygore WMD wrote:
343 and Microsoft have both lied, they also had 3 tries at making a successful Halo game and failed all 3. This is what I base my distaste for 343 and Microsoft on, I'm not misinformed, but I am tired of being lied to and f'ed over.
Bungie's E3 video of Halo 2 was the biggest lie yet
That's was 2003-4, Bungie didn't even know what they were doing, but Microsoft wanted them to put something together for E3.

It 2016, almost 2017, there should be no issues when it comes to understanding what the core fans of Halo want.

Halo CE was a success, Halo 2 was a success, Halo 3 was a success, O.D.S.T did ok, Halo Wars did good for a RTS on console, Reach did well, but split the community, H4 further damaged the community, H5 has left Halo fans like me hating it as a whole, something is not right here.

We were lied to about the story, and about splitscreen, there was an article that they said it wasn't going to be in the game, but it was hidden at the very bottom in one sentence and a large group of people didn't know it was removed (as intended I imagine).
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Guess what? The earth is flat. I said this so it is proof it's true. I'm not claiming 343 does or doesn't care about the software they create. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anything written within this thread either. But if you think you provided loads of support for anything contained in your opening post, much of which is highly subjective, you're misinformed.

I'm equal parts amused and confused at the amount of conflicting information here.

In your first "point", if you want to call it that, you label the claim 343 only cares about money to be false, point out this statement is a generalization and, immediately after, indicate it is true of Microsoft. I find this odd, to put it politely. In the cut content bit you claim there is no evidence to support the notion the updates were cut content. You then "guess" only 5% of the updates were cut content. I'll admit this certainly provided a good laugh.

At one point you provide support for one of your points by saying you are too lazy to find evidence but know it to be factually true and someone tested it. You sound very convincing. By the way, the earth is flat. I won't bother providing any evidence for this fact. You'll just have to take my word for it. Some guy tested it. Do you believe me?

Look, much of the rage spewed over aspects of H5 goes a bit too far. Many of the comments/threads on waypoint are nothing more than people venting. But this entire thread is no better. In fact, it really only serves to instigate (surprised it isn't locked TBH, but we won't go there).
I thought earth was square. I guess you are right on earth's shape because you said earth is flat. You said somebody has the proof, but hard to find it, still it tell me that there is proof somewhere that I can't find. Very trustworthy claim, I have ever seen. I guess I am going to have to debate with people who are claiming earth is round, triangle, or square and tell them they are wrong without any proof.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
Sprint is not a -Yoinking!- illusion!

Play a 1:1 remake of halo 2 lockout in halo 5. It's available in customs. You move around the map at such a high rate of speed it's unplayable. Even without sprint the base movement speed is faster than previous halos.

I hate that statement, sprint exists, it's real it effects combat movent speed, everything. It isn't an illusion.

That's like saying I can walk 3 blocks. Or I can ride my bike 12 blocks in the same time frame so my bike is an illusion.
This will help you understand what "sprint is an illusion" means.
Time and time again I have seen people just spit out stuff that isn't even true and it ticks me off when people actually believe it. To inform the community a bit more, I have compiled a list of things I have seen around the community that is not true or is not proven to be true. If you don't want to read everything below, then just read what's in the quotes and bold. Edit: What is bolded and underlined is what I have heard people say that is not true or not proven to be true. The paragraph supporting it is my own take on it with some facts thrown in.

"343 don't care about you only your money." This is definitely not true. When you say that, you are generalizing a huge amount of people. If you said that about Microsoft, I'd probably agree, but you're not. Generally speaking, most of the employees working on a game usually care about the game.

"There are a small number of maps in halo 5." Here's a link for all/most of the maps in halo 5. Yes, some are exclusive to warzone, breakout, and BTB, but there's still a ton of maps.

"All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there's a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there's a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).

"Hidden ranks make social playlists competitive." one of the reasons people play competitively is to boost their rank. If there's no rank, then there's no incentive to play competitively. Yes, you can play competitively in social modes still, but that isn't exclusive to halo 5. Plus, if there were no ranks, then onyxs could play bronzes, and we don't want that to happen.

"Halo CE-3 didn't copy any mechanics from other games while halo 5 does." Halo CE's formula was ripped straight out of Doom, quake, and unreal tournament, but no one complained about that. Halo 5 then uses thruster pack (which halo 4 started), ADS (which is technically just the old zoom with a different paint job), and sprint, and everyone says halo is CoD.

"343 are lazy." It may seem like that with all the forge and remixed maps, but don't forget Bungie used a ton of assets from the game to the point of having entire maps just be part of a level. Bungie made MP maps then just made them sections in the campaign. It's not laziness, it's managing time and resources.

"343 lied to us in the marketing." No, Microsoft lied to us in the marketing. They do the marketing, not 343.

"The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans." Edit: This is the only one that's not a direct quote. What I was trying to say was that people hate the prometheans because they're bullet sponges, when they're really only bullet sponges in warzone. The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.

"Halo 5 has a massive amount of bullet magnetism." Halo 5 has a lot of aim assist, but little magnetism. There's a big difference. in case you don't know, halo 2 and 3 has a massive amount of magnetism considering the movement system.

"Warzone was a failure." You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it was a failure. The last time they showed us the most popular playlists (last Christmas), warzone was #1 and it has only improved.

"Halo 5 has a small amount of playlists." At launch, yes. Now, no. Halo 5 has as many playlist right now as halo 3 ended with (14 playlists), so to say halo 5 has a small amount of playlists is basically saying halo 3 has a small amount of playlists.

"Halo 5 has a low population." It's not great, but it's not bad. Halo 5 still has a steady population and I can still find games as fast as I could on day 1.

"Halo 5 is a twitch shooter." Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There's a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.

"343 doesn't care to casual players and halo 5 is too competitive." At launch, I would have agreed, but now I do not. Currently, there are 6 ranked playlists and 8 social playlists. So tell me again how it caters towards competitive players?

"Halo 5's updates were cut content." There is no proof of this at all and no evidence to support it, so stop thinking this. There is evidence that halo 5 had a troubled development and didn't get to finish everything on time though. I'm sure some was cut (my guess is 5%), but definitely not all of it.

"Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS." I'm too lazy to search up evidence, but I know for a fact that this isn't true and that someone actually tested it.

"Halo 5's servers are awful in the US." They are not the best, but as an American player, I can tell you that they are by no means bad. It may be different for U.K. players, but here in the US it's fine. If you are having a problem in the US, it's probably your connection.

I hope you guys found this informative and if you see anyone who claims any of these are true, make sure you bring down the facts on them :)

Edit: Here are two more that was suggested to be added on the list.

From VirtualMark: "The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5." Incorrect - the graphics in Halo 5 are far superior to any of the older titles. Higher resolution, more detailed textures, more detailed geometry, better lighting, better effects, the list goes on. Halo 5 was designed for the Xbox One, whereas older titles were designed for the Xbox 360. The One is far superior to the 360, so there's no way the graphics on older titles are better.

From Hot Juicy Pie (this is not a direct quote BTW): "People get famed often in Warzone." When you think you get farmed, it probably wasn't farming. It was probably just you getting demolished by an enemy team. Farming is where the enemy team has ample opportunity to take out the core, but instead they kill you with fun weapons and make sure you can never leave your home base.
Where did you get most of these facts from, or how did you debunk all of this; where are you're sources? Or is this your opinion?
Time and time again I have seen people just spit out stuff that isn't even true and it ticks me off when people actually believe it. To inform the community a bit more, I have compiled a list of things I have seen around the community that is not true or is not proven to be true. If you don't want to read everything below, then just read what's in the quotes and bold. Edit: What is bolded and underlined is what I have heard people say that is not true or not proven to be true. The paragraph supporting it is my own take on it with some facts thrown in.

"343 don't care about you only your money." This is definitely not true. When you say that, you are generalizing a huge amount of people. If you said that about Microsoft, I'd probably agree, but you're not. Generally speaking, most of the employees working on a game usually care about the game.

"There are a small number of maps in halo 5." Here's a link for all/most of the maps in halo 5. Yes, some are exclusive to warzone, breakout, and BTB, but there's still a ton of maps.

"All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there's a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there's a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).

"Hidden ranks make social playlists competitive." one of the reasons people play competitively is to boost their rank. If there's no rank, then there's no incentive to play competitively. Yes, you can play competitively in social modes still, but that isn't exclusive to halo 5. Plus, if there were no ranks, then onyxs could play bronzes, and we don't want that to happen.

"Halo CE-3 didn't copy any mechanics from other games while halo 5 does." Halo CE's formula was ripped straight out of Doom, quake, and unreal tournament, but no one complained about that. Halo 5 then uses thruster pack (which halo 4 started), ADS (which is technically just the old zoom with a different paint job), and sprint, and everyone says halo is CoD.

"343 are lazy." It may seem like that with all the forge and remixed maps, but don't forget Bungie used a ton of assets from the game to the point of having entire maps just be part of a level. Bungie made MP maps then just made them sections in the campaign. It's not laziness, it's managing time and resources.

"343 lied to us in the marketing." No, Microsoft lied to us in the marketing. They do the marketing, not 343.

"The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans." Edit: This is the only one that's not a direct quote. What I was trying to say was that people hate the prometheans because they're bullet sponges, when they're really only bullet sponges in warzone. The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.

"Halo 5 has a massive amount of bullet magnetism." Halo 5 has a lot of aim assist, but little magnetism. There's a big difference. in case you don't know, halo 2 and 3 has a massive amount of magnetism considering the movement system.

"Warzone was a failure." You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it was a failure. The last time they showed us the most popular playlists (last Christmas), warzone was #1 and it has only improved.

"Halo 5 has a small amount of playlists." At launch, yes. Now, no. Halo 5 has as many playlist right now as halo 3 ended with (14 playlists), so to say halo 5 has a small amount of playlists is basically saying halo 3 has a small amount of playlists.

"Halo 5 has a low population." It's not great, but it's not bad. Halo 5 still has a steady population and I can still find games as fast as I could on day 1.

"Halo 5 is a twitch shooter." Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There's a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.

"343 doesn't care to casual players and halo 5 is too competitive." At launch, I would have agreed, but now I do not. Currently, there are 6 ranked playlists and 8 social playlists. So tell me again how it caters towards competitive players?

"Halo 5's updates were cut content." There is no proof of this at all and no evidence to support it, so stop thinking this. There is evidence that halo 5 had a troubled development and didn't get to finish everything on time though. I'm sure some was cut (my guess is 5%), but definitely not all of it.

"Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS." I'm too lazy to search up evidence, but I know for a fact that this isn't true and that someone actually tested it.

"Halo 5's servers are awful in the US." They are not the best, but as an American player, I can tell you that they are by no means bad. It may be different for U.K. players, but here in the US it's fine. If you are having a problem in the US, it's probably your connection.

I hope you guys found this informative and if you see anyone who claims any of these are true, make sure you bring down the facts on them :)

Edit: Here are two more that was suggested to be added on the list.

From VirtualMark: "The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5." Incorrect - the graphics in Halo 5 are far superior to any of the older titles. Higher resolution, more detailed textures, more detailed geometry, better lighting, better effects, the list goes on. Halo 5 was designed for the Xbox One, whereas older titles were designed for the Xbox 360. The One is far superior to the 360, so there's no way the graphics on older titles are better.

From Hot Juicy Pie (this is not a direct quote BTW): "People get famed often in Warzone." When you think you get farmed, it probably wasn't farming. It was probably just you getting demolished by an enemy team. Farming is where the enemy team has ample opportunity to take out the core, but instead they kill you with fun weapons and make sure you can never leave your home base.
Nice explanation, good choice of words. It's 343 version, and it's not bad (except for Halo 5's campaign...)
Time and time again I have seen people just spit out stuff that isn't even true and it ticks me off when people actually believe it. To inform the community a bit more, I have compiled a list of things I have seen around the community that is not true or is not proven to be true. If you don't want to read everything below, then just read what's in the quotes and bold. Edit: What is bolded and underlined is what I have heard people say that is not true or not proven to be true. The paragraph supporting it is my own take on it with some facts thrown in.

"343 don't care about you only your money." This is definitely not true. When you say that, you are generalizing a huge amount of people. If you said that about Microsoft, I'd probably agree, but you're not. Generally speaking, most of the employees working on a game usually care about the game.

"There are a small number of maps in halo 5." Here's a link for all/most of the maps in halo 5. Yes, some are exclusive to warzone, breakout, and BTB, but there's still a ton of maps.

"All the Reach armor is better than the halo 5 armor." Reach had its fair share of crap armor. Yes, there's a hell of a lot more crap armor in halo 5, but there's a hell of a lot more armor in general in halo 5. You honestly could probably find as many armors that you like in halo 5 as Reach (at least if you take off your nostalgia goggles).

"Hidden ranks make social playlists competitive." one of the reasons people play competitively is to boost their rank. If there's no rank, then there's no incentive to play competitively. Yes, you can play competitively in social modes still, but that isn't exclusive to halo 5. Plus, if there were no ranks, then onyxs could play bronzes, and we don't want that to happen.

"Halo CE-3 didn't copy any mechanics from other games while halo 5 does." Halo CE's formula was ripped straight out of Doom, quake, and unreal tournament, but no one complained about that. Halo 5 then uses thruster pack (which halo 4 started), ADS (which is technically just the old zoom with a different paint job), and sprint, and everyone says halo is CoD.

"343 are lazy." It may seem like that with all the forge and remixed maps, but don't forget Bungie used a ton of assets from the game to the point of having entire maps just be part of a level. Bungie made MP maps then just made them sections in the campaign. It's not laziness, it's managing time and resources.

"343 lied to us in the marketing." No, Microsoft lied to us in the marketing. They do the marketing, not 343.

"The WZFF prometheans are the same as the campaign prometheans." Edit: This is the only one that's not a direct quote. What I was trying to say was that people hate the prometheans because they're bullet sponges, when they're really only bullet sponges in warzone. The firefight prometheans are bullet sponges. The campaign prometheans are not and are pretty fun to fight. They could be better though.

"Halo 5 has a massive amount of bullet magnetism." Halo 5 has a lot of aim assist, but little magnetism. There's a big difference. in case you don't know, halo 2 and 3 has a massive amount of magnetism considering the movement system.

"Warzone was a failure." You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it was a failure. The last time they showed us the most popular playlists (last Christmas), warzone was #1 and it has only improved.

"Halo 5 has a small amount of playlists." At launch, yes. Now, no. Halo 5 has as many playlist right now as halo 3 ended with (14 playlists), so to say halo 5 has a small amount of playlists is basically saying halo 3 has a small amount of playlists.

"Halo 5 has a low population." It's not great, but it's not bad. Halo 5 still has a steady population and I can still find games as fast as I could on day 1.

"Halo 5 is a twitch shooter." Calling halo 5 a twitch shooter is like calling ce a twitch shooter. There's a low TTK in both games, but none qualify as a twitch shooter.

"343 doesn't care to casual players and halo 5 is too competitive." At launch, I would have agreed, but now I do not. Currently, there are 6 ranked playlists and 8 social playlists. So tell me again how it caters towards competitive players?

"Halo 5's updates were cut content." There is no proof of this at all and no evidence to support it, so stop thinking this. There is evidence that halo 5 had a troubled development and didn't get to finish everything on time though. I'm sure some was cut (my guess is 5%), but definitely not all of it.

"Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS." I'm too lazy to search up evidence, but I know for a fact that this isn't true and that someone actually tested it.

"Halo 5's servers are awful in the US." They are not the best, but as an American player, I can tell you that they are by no means bad. It may be different for U.K. players, but here in the US it's fine. If you are having a problem in the US, it's probably your connection.

I hope you guys found this informative and if you see anyone who claims any of these are true, make sure you bring down the facts on them :)

Edit: Here are two more that was suggested to be added on the list.

From VirtualMark: "The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5." Incorrect - the graphics in Halo 5 are far superior to any of the older titles. Higher resolution, more detailed textures, more detailed geometry, better lighting, better effects, the list goes on. Halo 5 was designed for the Xbox One, whereas older titles were designed for the Xbox 360. The One is far superior to the 360, so there's no way the graphics on older titles are better.

From Hot Juicy Pie (this is not a direct quote BTW): "People get famed often in Warzone." When you think you get farmed, it probably wasn't farming. It was probably just you getting demolished by an enemy team. Farming is where the enemy team has ample opportunity to take out the core, but instead they kill you with fun weapons and make sure you can never leave your home base.
Where did you get most of these facts from, or how did you debunk all of this; where are you're sources? Or is this your opinion?
What is in bold and quotes is what people believe that is not true, is not proven to be true, or is just common sense (I.E. all Reach armor is better than halo 5 armor, or that halo 5 has a small amount of playlists). What is not in bold is mostly my opinion with some facts to back them up.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Haha I'm going to stay out of this :) But yes of course everyone at 343 cares about Halo. On a personal level, the integrity of the franchise is incredibly important. It's been a part of my life for almost 15 years.
If it's so important then why have so many fans of classic Halo left the franchise based on the decisions of a company that supposedly cares about Halo?
I just disagree in three points:
"343 lied to us in the marketing." : Microsoft made the ads, but most of the lies about the campaign lenght, hunt the truth, Cortana's death, most ambicious campaign, Blue team with more dialogue than ever before, Master chief story... were lies told by member of 343 Industries, maybe they were ordered to lie, but they lied.

"Halo 5's updates were cut content." : I can't support this, but I saw some Molten concept arts months before this map was released. And considering how lack of content Halo 5 was at launch I can infere it, but not surely.

"The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5." : I know Halo 5 is graphically superior, but the textures are too simple for my taste. I think Halo 4 still better in my opinion.
I'm not a H5 hater but thanks for the information, now when someone says one of these things I have a reply :)
I just disagree in three points:
"343 lied to us in the marketing." : Microsoft made the ads, but most of the lies about the campaign lenght, hunt the truth, Cortana's death, most ambicious campaign, Blue team with more dialogue than ever before, Master chief story... were lies told by member of 343 Industries, maybe they were ordered to lie, but they lied.

"Halo 5's updates were cut content." : I can't support this, but I saw some Molten concept arts months before this map was released. And considering how lack of content Halo 5 was at launch I can infere it, but not surely.

"The Graphics in Halo 3 are better than Halo 5." : I know Halo 5 is graphically superior, but the textures are too simple for my taste. I think Halo 4 still better in my opinion.
Microsoft actually made HTT, not 343. Technically, Blue team does have a ton of lines, just not in the cutscenes.

Yah concept for a map months before it was released is honestly what is supposed to happen. It's takes a long time to make a map.

It is a fact that halo 5's graphics are better.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Haha I'm going to stay out of this :) But yes of course everyone at 343 cares about Halo. On a personal level, the integrity of the franchise is incredibly important. It's been a part of my life for almost 15 years.
If it's so important then why have so many fans of classic Halo left the franchise based on the decisions of a company that supposedly cares about Halo?
This is somewhat of a common thing- as games, bands, vehicles, books and such evolve, frequently the original fans end up leaving or not liking the new product. But that's how it works: they evolve. They take on the new tech, graphics, modern play-styles, and find what suits that version best.

If an issue is so large and catastrophic to the community, why does the community not crowd-source and come together to make something better?
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
-snip-
-snip-
Ragnarok/Valhalla are 1:1 remakes. Similarly, The Pit/Pitfall are remakes. Halo 3 and Halo 4 at BMS took the same amount of time to cross the map. Sprint allows people to travel across that map faster.

Sprint can only be an illusion if you are comparing two exact maps, like Valhalla/Ragnarok. People comparing maps like Truth and Midship are speading misinformation, like the OP suggests. They use these maps to suggest that the BMS is lowered, sprint is ruining gameplay, etc.

Sprint being an "illusion" in terms of overall game time and the effect is has on how fast the game is played is fine. But saying sprint is just an illusion in terms of movement makes it seem like 343 dropped the BMS so much that sprint speed is equivalent to BMS from 3.

Large maps, small maps, it doesn't matter. You move faster than in the other games. The whole argument about always needing to move at "optimal combat speed" (fastest BMS) is irrelevant.
Cygore WMD wrote:
343 and Microsoft have both lied, they also had 3 tries at making a successful Halo game and failed all 3. This is what I base my distaste for 343 and Microsoft on, I'm not misinformed, but I am tired of being lied to and f'ed over.
Bungie's E3 video of Halo 2 was the biggest lie yet
That's was 2003-4, Bungie didn't even know what they were doing, but Microsoft wanted them to put something together for E3.

It 2016, almost 2017, there should be no issues when it comes to understanding what the core fans of Halo want.

Halo CE was a success, Halo 2 was a success, Halo 3 was a success, O.D.S.T did ok, Halo Wars did good for a RTS on console, Reach did well, but split the community, H4 further damaged the community, H5 has left Halo fans like me hating it as a whole, something is not right here.

We were lied to about the story, and about splitscreen, there was an article that they said it wasn't going to be in the game, but it was hidden at the very bottom in one sentence and a large group of people didn't know it was removed (as intended I imagine).
Bungie didn't know what they wanted to do a year before release? That doesn't seem right if you ask me.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
-snip-
-snip-
Ragnarok/Valhalla are 1:1 remakes. Similarly, The Pit/Pitfall are remakes. Halo 3 and Halo 4 at BMS took the same amount of time to cross the map. Sprint allows people to travel across that map faster.

Sprint can only be an illusion if you are comparing two exact maps, like Valhalla/Ragnarok. People comparing maps like Truth and Midship are speading misinformation, like the OP suggests. They use these maps to suggest that the BMS is lowered, sprint is ruining gameplay, etc.

Sprint being an "illusion" in terms of overall game time and the effect is has on how fast the game is played is fine. But saying sprint is just an illusion in terms of movement makes it seem like 343 dropped the BMS so much that sprint speed is equivalent to BMS from 3.

Large maps, small maps, it doesn't matter. You move faster than in the other games. The whole argument about always needing to move at "optimal combat speed" (fastest BMS) is irrelevant.
Ragnarok and pitfall are the only remakes that are scaled 1:1 and they both play very differently than thier original versions as a result. They even had to switch spawns from being static to dynamic on the pit to h4's pitfall.

I would argue that those remakes would have played much better if they were scaled up for sprint.

Once a map is scaled up for sprint(the VAST majority of remakes do), sprint is a complete and utter illusion.
Another thing to add would be how people feel Hunt the Truth marketing lied when it is actually part of canon as shown in the story and also is a set up for what might happen in the next game.
As it is possible HTT could play into halo 6, it was supposed to be marketing for halo 5, and it wasn't really in halo 5. Even in the first cutscene, Halsey talks about how ONI will kill Locke and her, but that doesn't really go anywhere.
But all the intel shares more of the story than you think.
Another thing to add would be how people feel Hunt the Truth marketing lied when it is actually part of canon as shown in the story and also is a set up for what might happen in the next game.
As it is possible HTT could play into halo 6, it was supposed to be marketing for halo 5, and it wasn't really in halo 5. Even in the first cutscene, Halsey talks about how ONI will kill Locke and her, but that doesn't really go anywhere.
But all the intel shares more of the story than you think.
The intel doesn't have to do with ONI. The most interesting and mysterious one was the one about Bastion, but something interesting a mysterious should've been about ONI should've at least been in the intel.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
-snip-
-snip-
Ragnarok/Valhalla are 1:1 remakes. Similarly, The Pit/Pitfall are remakes. Halo 3 and Halo 4 at BMS took the same amount of time to cross the map. Sprint allows people to travel across that map faster.

Sprint can only be an illusion if you are comparing two exact maps, like Valhalla/Ragnarok. People comparing maps like Truth and Midship are speading misinformation, like the OP suggests. They use these maps to suggest that the BMS is lowered, sprint is ruining gameplay, etc.

Sprint being an "illusion" in terms of overall game time and the effect is has on how fast the game is played is fine. But saying sprint is just an illusion in terms of movement makes it seem like 343 dropped the BMS so much that sprint speed is equivalent to BMS from 3.

Large maps, small maps, it doesn't matter. You move faster than in the other games. The whole argument about always needing to move at "optimal combat speed" (fastest BMS) is irrelevant.
Ragnarok and pitfall are the only remakes that are scaled 1:1 and they both play very differently than thier original versions as a result. They even had to switch spawns from being static to dynamic on the pit to h4's pitfall.

I would argue that those remakes would have played much better if they were scaled up for sprint.

Once a map is scales up for sprint, sprint is a complete and utter illusion.
Only if the map is meant to be traversed with sprint as a replacement for the BMS. If it's somewhere in the middle, then it's not an illusion.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
-snip-
-snip-
Ragnarok/Valhalla are 1:1 remakes. Similarly, The Pit/Pitfall are remakes. Halo 3 and Halo 4 at BMS took the same amount of time to cross the map. Sprint allows people to travel across that map faster.

Sprint can only be an illusion if you are comparing two exact maps, like Valhalla/Ragnarok. People comparing maps like Truth and Midship are speading misinformation, like the OP suggests.
Ragnarok and pitfall are the only remakes that are scaled 1:1 and they both play very differently than thier original versions as a result. They even had to switch spawns from being static to dynamic on the pit to h4's pitfall.

I would argue that those remakes would have played much better if they were scaled up for sprint.

Once a map is scaled up for sprint(the VAST majority of remakes do), sprint is a complete and utter illusion.
Illusion because the game lasts the same time, not an illusion in terms of actual movement. That's the point. Most people that argue about optimal combat speed would make you believe that if you weren't always moving at full BMS, you were playing the game wrong. Which speaks nothing to how crouching affects the radar, the fact that Halo is essentially a game made for "camping" (better known as controlling power weapon/map spawns), or powerups in general. Moving slowly with the camo was much more beneficial than moving everywhere at full BMS, but the argument always skews to "I have to stop sprinting to shoot, and that makes the game slower and so now Halo is dead".

Also, I'd agree that they played different. One game had things like dual SMGs, a useless pistol, and the other had jet packs, sprinting, and Mantises.

I'd argue, in terms of pure sprint, Valhalla would have benefited immensely.
Cygore WMD wrote:
343 and Microsoft have both lied, they also had 3 tries at making a successful Halo game and failed all 3. This is what I base my distaste for 343 and Microsoft on, I'm not misinformed, but I am tired of being lied to and f'ed over.
Bungie's E3 video of Halo 2 was the biggest lie yet
That's was 2003-4, Bungie didn't even know what they were doing, but Microsoft wanted them to put something together for E3.

It 2016, almost 2017, there should be no issues when it comes to understanding what the core fans of Halo want.

Halo CE was a success, Halo 2 was a success, Halo 3 was a success, O.D.S.T did ok, Halo Wars did good for a RTS on console, Reach did well, but split the community, H4 further damaged the community, H5 has left Halo fans like me hating it as a whole, something is not right here.

We were lied to about the story, and about splitscreen, there was an article that they said it wasn't going to be in the game, but it was hidden at the very bottom in one sentence and a large group of people didn't know it was removed (as intended I imagine).
That's clearly BS.

Halo 2's entire premise, a titanic battle on Earth that will forever change it (Which is what the E3 trailer is based off of), was a complete lie. You spend 2-3 missions on Earth, and then immediately leave in order to replay Halo CE all over again.

Then you got to play as an alien, that ended up taking every important plot point and Chief did next to nothing that didn't become irrelevant later on. Even when playing as the Alien, you were going in the eyes of the Covenant, but you weren't fighting the humans, you were fighting other aliens. The one time you expect to be fighting Humans, the Flood was reintroduced way too early, so you can "kill humans" without having to kill humans.

Then you have the game stop at the final mission, because Bungie couldn't finish it in time, and the rest of Earth was on Halo 3.

And that's just the Campaign. Halo 2's multiplayer brought more changes to the series than even Halo 5 has.

The community was split way before Reach.

From a certain perspective, Halo 3 ODST did Halo 2 better than Halo 2 ever did.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Are you speaking the truth? Almost all of your lists are assumption like the opposite. No proof or evidence showed.
He doesn't have to lol.
It's he can't do it, because there is no evidence.
Remember, what in the bold is what people believe that is either not true, or not proven to be true. The rest is my opinions.
You are stating they are wrong without any evidence that supports your claim of people who think that way is wrong. You are stating they are wrong, which means you are stating the opposite is the truth. "People believe 343 cares about only money" and you instantly went saying they are absolutely wrong. No evidence has proven that 343 cares or doesn't care about money. Those people could be right or wrong. However, you are saying they are completely wrong and saying it as a fact. Let people believe that way from what they have seen.
We'll use your example. Claiming "343 only cares about money" is generalizing the entire company at 343. Because I can already think of one guy and have him actually prove to you that he cares, that makes the statement false. Plus, usually most of the devs care about the game. That's why they chose to work there in the first place. Anything else you want me to explain to you? I'd be much happier if we agreed on this.
You never know. Who doesn't care about money anyway. Isn't that why they are selling games and adding micro-transaction? I am sure that the entire 343 employees care about money and that is why they are there. No money, hard life. Anyway, whether they do care about or not, you can't prove you are right on someone's statement is true or false. This is my main point.
Do you want to ask Drell Assassin if he cares? All of 343 care about money. They just don't ONLY care about money. Yes I can prove their statements false by using facts. I can also tell them that what they are saying is not proven to be true and there is no evidence to back them up.
Again, you can't say they are completely wrong. People made assumptions based on what they saw. There is no problem with that, making on assumption based on facts is what they did. Yes, their statements are not proven to be true, but those are inference. The problem is you don't have those facts to show those people are wrong. Go ahead and ask him, just think this in your mind that not all people are honest.
No I cannot. Of course there are those who don't care about the franchise, but there are many that do. Their statement that generalizes 343 is not true. I forget which halo Drell started at, but it was one of the classics, and he specifically wanted to work on halo. Does that not prove that he cares? If not him, then Unyshek. He was also a community member who wanted to work on halo, so he joined 343. Those are just 2 valid examples that you can't deny. In my OP, what do agree with?
You are not getting the point. "The statement that generalizes 343 is not true," do you have an evidence for this?

I also don't think that all 343 employees care about money over the franchise's quality, but we can't say it as a fact.

I disagree with every point you made.
Yes I do have proof! Community members turned 343 employees is proof! Drell Assassin, Justima here needs proof that at least one 343 employee cares about halo (and yes it can be you). From the few months working at 343, how much of the company would say cares about the halo franchise? If you don't want to answer it and just say you definitely care, then that's fine. If this isn't proof, Justima, then I don't know what is.

You disagree with every point I made? So you think that halo 5 has a small number of maps? You think every set of Reach armor is better than every set of halo 5 armor? You think that every time someone claims they get farmed once out of every three games, they actually know what farming means and you believe them? You think that halo 5 has a low number of playlists? You think halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS? You think halo 5's updates were all cut content? Come on, Justima. You're getting to the point of unreasonable. I know you prefer the classic games, but that doesn't mean you have to hate on 343 for literally everything.
Disagreeing with one's opinion is unreasonable? It's getting bit ridiculous. Are you expecting me to go over and refute every point you made? Some people did, but I don't think there is need for another one from me. Some of arguments could be different, but most of them will be similar.

I don't hate everything that 343 does. I am willing to defend what I think is good. Just because I dislike controversial additions, I am not hating on every single thing came from 343.
I want you to say "yes" or "no" to some of the questions I listed. Let's stick with three statements. For instance, yes or no: Halo 5 has a small amount of maps. Yes or no: Halo 5's sprint speed is halo 3's BMS. Yes or no: All of halo 5's updates were cut content.
Those questions can be hardly answered by yes or no. I am going to write my short opinion on those three.

Amount of maps
Not a lot nor less. The number of those maps sounds impressive, but too many maps that are remix take a huge part of overall maps.

Sprint speed
It's definitely faster than base movement speed of Halo 3, but considering the map size of Halo 5, sprint doesn't make player move any faster in terms of going to point A to B on the same map. Someone calculated the time it takes to reach point from another point and Halo 5 is no different from previous games, which proved that sprint is an illusion.

Update content
I would say those are delayed due to reasons, however it could be cut-content from launch to justify inclusion of REQ.
-snip-
-snip-
Ragnarok/Valhalla are 1:1 remakes. Similarly, The Pit/Pitfall are remakes. Halo 3 and Halo 4 at BMS took the same amount of time to cross the map. Sprint allows people to travel across that map faster.

Sprint can only be an illusion if you are comparing two exact maps, like Valhalla/Ragnarok. People comparing maps like Truth and Midship are speading misinformation, like the OP suggests.
Ragnarok and pitfall are the only remakes that are scaled 1:1 and they both play very differently than thier original versions as a result. They even had to switch spawns from being static to dynamic on the pit to h4's pitfall.

I would argue that those remakes would have played much better if they were scaled up for sprint.

Once a map is scaled up for sprint(the VAST majority of remakes do), sprint is a complete and utter illusion.
Illusion because the game lasts the same time, not an illusion in terms of actual movement.
No, it is an illusion in terms of movement. When maps are scaled up for sprint you move between landmarks with sprint at the same rate at which would would have without sprint in past games. There are outliers to this rule when it comes to maps that were already built with lots of long, straightaways. Like the Pit, or most BTB maps which often do not have to be upscaled for sprint.

In essence when you add sprint to a game with long kill times you need to either upscale maps which makes sprint a pointless illusion that only serves to lower the comparative speed of BMS or you can leave maps smaller and they generally play terribly(no dev has done this yet). Download some forge maps that are scaled for sprintless BMS and play it with sprint. It's horrid.

As for the rest of your post, there's just so much wrong that I didn't even know where to begin so I choose to block it out of my life for the sake of my sanity.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22