Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The crosshair is in the middle of the screen o.O

OP kevboard

in every halo game the crosshairs were slightly below the center of the screen, creating a field of view that is shifted upwards slightly...
Halo 5 is the first game in the series to change that.

does that bother you and if so, why?

I myself find it a bit sad to be honest :/ it is a tiny detail but one that was with us since H1 and it is unnecessary to change it imo... so why not leave this part of Halo the way it is...?
Doesn't bother me in the slightest and if I hadn't read this I would never have known/noticed.
Actually the crosshairs were dead center in Halo CE. They changed it in Halo 2 onward.
well the crosshairs seem to be off which is a problem
PolyGoner wrote:
Actually the crosshairs were dead center in Halo CE. They changed it in Halo 2 onward.
omg you are right... now that I think about it...

I like the slightly lowered ai tho, it gives you a better view at what's above you and in Halo if someone is above you you really wanna see him as easy and fast as possible :D
Crosshairs are perfect. Exactly where they need to be.
I neither noticed, nor really care. Eh. 5 degrees of vertical FOV isn't really a game changer for me. I'm far too terrible.
Its the little changes like this that allow this game to be lame. And people wonder what happened to halo?
I noticed this on my first match. Playing each campaign through with the blind skull has cemented the one third up crosshairs, but I adjusted. I would prefer it to be lowered though.
my problem with this is that I doubt that 343i even knew what they were doin by changing this... guess why Miyamoto is such a legend? well one of his devs once said in an interview that Miyamoto will ask you about every little rock you place in a level, he will ask you why it is there and what purpose it has... if it doesn't have any real purpose it has to go...

what is the purpose for changing the crosshair in H5? if 343i gave me a logical reason ALRITE, if not that just shows how random some choices are these days in development of big games... noone knows what half of the studio is actually doin and in the end it could result in a flustercluck like AC Unity... that is an extreme example but ya..

my logical reason for it bein good the way it was since H2 is that it gives you a slightly better view at what is happining above you... that may be a small advantage but hey, it can change the feel of a game, especially when you play it hundreds of hours and got used to it.

like I said, not a big deal at all, but why change such a random little thing? do they even realize they changed that? if no, isn't that actually a problem? that they even realize?

too bad they don't actually answer here at all, like noone.. I would love to interview someone at 343i sometime, because unlike todays so called "games media" I would actually ask questions that matter.

so far tho I like H5, even tho it has some really annoying balance issues with overpowered Autos and mini nuke grenades that are just a spammers favorite toy...
ZeroMike wrote:
Doesn't bother me in the slightest and if I hadn't read this I would never have known/noticed.
I just hope that having been enlightened now that it doesn't affect me later when I boot up the game.
The crosshairs were centered in Halo CE and I like that they're centered in H5.
Actually, this might be one of the few changes I'm actually in favor of. Vehicle crosshairs have always been dead center anyways, why then introduce two different positionings?

If realism is concerned ir should have been the other way around anyhow. Human eyes have a far bigger FOV downwards than upwards, because the human skull is only prominent and overhanging above the eyes.

Not saying it should be this way in Halo, just that the series was way off of realism anyways.
Some people have asked for this, I don't particularly care either way.
Celestis wrote:
Actually, this might be one of the few changes I'm actually in favor of. Vehicle crosshairs have always been dead center anyways, why then introduce two different positionings?

If realism is concerned ir should have been the other way around anyhow. Human eyes have a far bigger FOV downwards than upwards, because the human skull is only prominent and overhanging above the eyes.

Not saying it should be this way in Halo, just that the series was way off of realism anyways.
It's not about real ism. The reason the cross hair was where it was is because of halos large jump. So seeing above is far more important