1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Ar5eNo wrote:
We are coming up on the anniversary of Halo 5, which of course included micro-transactions in its multiplayer modes to unlock all sorts of goodies, including Warzone weapons and vehicles, etc.

I was just curious as to how the community feels about the use of Micro-Transactions and the effect, if any, they have had on the game play experience and the Halo community, after a year.

Are you a fan of them? Do you wish they would disappear off the face of the earth? Don't care either way?

I want to know how it has affected your experience with Halo.
I hope the Req System is just gets infected with AIDS and then dies in the life span of the time between H5 and H6. I just hate the way weapons are unlocked as well as with the cosmetics. I think they should just go back to the Credit system or if not, make something similar to it. BUT NEVER THE REQ SYSTEM!
*Edit* when I say this i also mean Microtransactions, but I feel since it's Incorporated with the Req System, they should both go.
Ar5eNo wrote:
We are coming up on the anniversary of Halo 5, which of course included micro-transactions in its multiplayer modes to unlock all sorts of goodies, including Warzone weapons and vehicles, etc.

I was just curious as to how the community feels about the use of Micro-Transactions and the effect, if any, they have had on the game play experience and the Halo community, after a year.

Are you a fan of them? Do you wish they would disappear off the face of the earth? Don't care either way?

You should make a poll on Microtransactions in H6 or not.
l Jinxed I wrote:
I am that gamer who refuses to buy DLC after the initial release. I hate it. It's the reason I will likely never experience destiny. I want to spend my money on a game and that's it, never in the game.

Halo 5 I have been able to play everything, anything added to the game, all maps all without ever spending a dime after my initial purchase.

If the req system is in place for halo 6 (it will be) I would be glad to see it come back instead of paid dlc. But..... The req system needs to be implemented differently.

First and foremost the req system cannot be used to fund the devs playing catch up. Halo 6 needs to launch with way more content than 5 did. A lot of the free dlc felt like patches And filling in the blanks instead of dlc. Use the funding for improving and adding to the game. Not finishing the half started project.

There needs to be at least 10 unlockables armor sets that unlock through commendations. You can deliver these in a req pack. But achievement based armor is something I miss.

I like the progression for use system. I like that ReQs are only Warzone applicable. As long as we have a solid complete arena playlist Outsife of the req system I say bring it on.

I've paid 60 bucks for well over a month of total mp playtime without any content lockouts. That's due largely to the req system. IMO it should be coming back. But fine tuned.
Agreed. I completely dislike the REQ system, especially since I don't like Warzone and all the skins and armor are locked behind 1015 Arena games for a gold pack. What I want for H6 is all Mythic armors are achievement/commendation based, everything else is in the REQ system. Have very nice looking skins tied to commendations as well, and common-legendary in the REQ system. That's how I want it.
Nice idea
I personally disagree with the sheer number of redundant REQs available (like Visors with barely different shades, Trash armors marred by unchangeable white lines and mismatched secondary color brightness, certifications that in theory all balance each other out in the end like at square one.) I think that 10+% of the REQ system could be shaved off and it would be almost unnoticeable.

I think for Halo 6, assuming that the level up system is of similar magnitude to Halo 5's, the REQ unlocks all done most efficiently should be done a bit after SR 100-110. Right now, I'm approaching SR 100, and I'm just over 70% of the way done, COUNTING most of commendation emblems. That's crazy. I also think some more Armor should have commendation unlocks available, and the armor customization should be at least Head, Arms, Legs, Torso, while retaining the Head/Body unlock system now.

So I think that making visors a primary/secondary color wheel (like armor colors) would be a good choice. Also, some armor set reduction (~5%), and removal of certifications (they all balanced out anyway) along with commendation unlocks for certain armor sets would go a long way to making the REQ system rewarding without being stupid long (100$ doesn't even get you 20-ish% of the system. Thats just too much in my opinion.)

TL;DR I think the REQ system is better than paid DLC (especially since Halo 6 should hopefully ship with more than 4 gamemodes, so there's more room for growth and map content), but I think about 10% needs to be shaved off along with more commendation unlocks for a more overall rewarding experience.
they should be done away with for Halo 6. I don't want to see anymore warzone, no more splitting up the multiplayer . I'm not against micro transactions so if 343 still wants to do them with armor pieces, weapon paint,ect. then that's fine . There should be free DLC and a purchasable DLC for Halo 6. The free version would be a mandatory update that allows you to play all the new maps in multiplayer while the purchasable one allows you to play the new maps in custom /forge and allows you to unlock achievements.
I think the current system is alright, although I think the REQ system needs a revamp all together though, but I wont get into that here. I don't see a massive problem with it now, but it may change in Halo 6 for the worse.
I personally disagree with the sheer number of redundant REQs available (like Visors with barely different shades, Trash armors
I hate this SO much

I think that 10+% of the REQ system could be shaved off and it would be almost unnoticeable.
I would go farther than 10%, considering how many visors are indistinguishable, how many EVA clones there are, and how many armors are simply too ugly to wear. I don't like the certification system either. If they're going to keep it, they should at least us buy specific certifications with req points.

In my opinion, they should also steamline the ridiculous loadout unlock system in such a way that scopes and attachments are unlocked separately but then apply to every gun, or something like that.

If they did that, made some armors unlockable from commendations, removed certifications, and all the redundant/hideously ugly cosmetic unlocks, then I'm sure we'd be looking at more than 50% of the req pool shaved off, at least. And that would be a very good thing.
I don't mind micro-transactions AS LONG as they don't alter the game-play or focus of a game.

You can probably tell how I feel about them in Halo 5
l Jinxed I wrote:
I am that gamer who refuses to buy DLC after the initial release. I hate it. It's the reason I will likely never experience destiny. I want to spend my money on a game and that's it, never in the game.

Halo 5 I have been able to play everything, anything added to the game, all maps all without ever spending a dime after my initial purchase.

If the req system is in place for halo 6 (it will be) I would be glad to see it come back instead of paid dlc. But..... The req system needs to be implemented differently.

First and foremost the req system cannot be used to fund the devs playing catch up. Halo 6 needs to launch with way more content than 5 did. A lot of the free dlc felt like patches And filling in the blanks instead of dlc. Use the funding for improving and adding to the game. Not finishing the half started project.

There needs to be at least 10 unlockables armor sets that unlock through commendations. You can deliver these in a req pack. But achievement based armor is something I miss.

I like the progression for use system. I like that ReQs are only Warzone applicable. As long as we have a solid complete arena playlist Outsife of the req system I say bring it on.

I've paid 60 bucks for well over a month of total mp playtime without any content lockouts. That's due largely to the req system. IMO it should be coming back. But fine tuned.
Agreed. I completely dislike the REQ system, especially since I don't like Warzone and all the skins and armor are locked behind 1015 Arena games for a gold pack. What I want for H6 is all Mythic armors are achievement/commendation based, everything else is in the REQ system. Have very nice looking skins tied to commendations as well, and common-legendary in the REQ system. That's how I want it.
I like that idea. The first thing I want to do when I get halo 6 is find out what I need to get my warmaster set. I will grind that commendation with pleasure because I know what the prize in the end will be.
I personally disagree with the sheer number of redundant REQs available (like Visors with barely different shades, Trash armors
I hate this SO much

I think that 10+% of the REQ system could be shaved off and it would be almost unnoticeable.
I would go farther than 10%, considering how many visors are indistinguishable, how many EVA clones there are, and how many armors are simply too ugly to wear. I don't like the certification system either. If they're going to keep it, they should at least us buy specific certifications with req points.

In my opinion, they should also steamline the ridiculous loadout unlock system in such a way that scopes and attachments are unlocked separately but then apply to every gun, or something like that.

If they did that, made some armors unlockable from commendations, removed certifications, and all the redundant/hideously ugly cosmetic unlocks, then I'm sure we'd be looking at more than 50% of the req pool shaved off, at least. And that would be a very good thing.
I also would love a huge portion of the REQ pool to be cut off, but at the same time, Im sure there needs to be a lot of REQs to justify encouraging spending money on it in order for it to accomplish its goal of squeezing more money out of people/funding operations without paid DLC.

i think that between a visor pri/sec color palette, changing loadout cards to a scope/attachment unlock system (which I would love,) removing certifications, and reducing repetitive or bad armor sets, the REQ pool would take a steep drop. I figured that at least keeping the loadout req cards would allow the other three issues (more personal pet peeves to me than loadout cards) could be addressed, while keeping within the bounds of a still fairly large REQ pool for 343's $$$. I would love to see 30%+ cut off, but realistically, I personally don't expect more than 10-15% cut off for Halo 6. Heck, they might just keep making it bigger.
Chipmmunk wrote:
I don't mind micro-transactions AS LONG as they don't alter the game-play or focus of a game.

It's such tragedy that most people here ignore how REQ is affecting the game fundamentally. When they are out of argument, they justify its existence by "it provides free DLC!" Not to long ago, I was shocked by some people even stating post-launch DLC is "mandatory" for video game these days and having broken system like REQ is fine as long as they get free stuff.
It doesn't really affect anything. You're not being forced to spend say $50 on a req pack. You can get that with points. I think that this "issue" isn't really an issue. Many people overreact and claim "it's the death of Halo" when clearly it's not. It's no big deal. With that being said, i myself haven't spent any real money on req packs.
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:

It's such tragedy that most people here ignore how REQ is affecting the game fundamentally. When they are out of argument, they justify its existence by "it provides free DLC!" Not to long ago, I was shocked by some people even stating post-launch DLC is "mandatory" for video game these days and having broken system like REQ is fine as long as they get free stuff.
I acknowledge its affecting the game, but for me the pros far outweigh the cons. I bet h2-h4 I played about .5% of my matches on DLC maps because none of my friends would buy them. For that reason alone I can tolerate the way reqs have changed halo 5.

You might get a kick out of this article: Halo 6 Campaign To Be Released In Req Packs lol

Edit: please note that article is satirical
I think their biggest effect would be shifting 343's incentives from "make a good Halo game" to "make people want to buy req packs". I think a good example of this is how unreasonably difficult WZFF can be, and almost impossible to win without spamming lots of heavy vehicles.

Another example is how, until recently, BTB was an afterthought for 343 because they wanted everyone to go to Warzone and be more likely to buy req packs. I think Halo 5 would have launched with BTB and possibly even BTB Heavies if 343 didn't have that incentive to make people want to buy req packs.

On the other hand, having paid DLC map packs splits the community (this was a big problem in Reach, if I remember correctly) so it can be argued that microtransactions are better...
meh, the big thing is req's but i dont play warzone that much so it doesn't make that big of a difference.
Ar5eNo wrote:

how do you post a thread?
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:

I acknowledge its affecting the game, but for me the pros far outweigh the cons. I bet h2-h4 I played about .5% of my matches on DLC maps because none of my friends would buy them. For that reason alone I can tolerate the way reqs have changed halo 5.

You might get a kick out of this article: Halo 6 Campaign To Be Released In Req Packs

You might get a kick out of this article: Halo 6 Campaign To Be Released In Req Packs
I am not sure if that article is a joke or not. If it's true, I am done and will not be purchasing Halo 6, no longer supporting those idiots who brought that idea.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:

I am not sure if that article is a joke or not. If it's true, I am done and will not be purchasing Halo 6, no longer supporting those idiots who brought that idea.
It is most definitely satire. Take it easy lol
Don't mind it except for the fact that it's completely screwed over the customization. I hate how every armour piece is random and to get what I want I have to get 50 armour pieces that I don't want and half are reskins on top of that. I Want to have my armour either purchasable through a credit system like reach or tied to achievement like 3. I just want a clear way to get the armour I want and not have to depend on bling luck. In my opinion the best case scenario is to completely get rid of them but I doubt that so I'd just be happy if 343i either made aesthetic completely separate from the micro transactions or they figured out a way to remove the rng from the aesthetics. For example they bring back a armour system similar to reach and you can buy credits or something like that. I just want a clear way to get what I want.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:

So I thought after reading "REQ service unavailable."

May I ask you how many pros there are other than "free support"?
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:
Justima wrote:
Chipmmunk wrote:

So I thought after reading "REQ service unavailable."

May I ask you how many pros there are other than "free support"?
I think it adds to the longevity of the game. I remember in reach I figured out how much my favorite armors cost and within a week has the only armor set I would ever wear. Rng takes away this ability and creates an opportunity that encourages me to wear different armors and things.

I believe a lot of the weapon experiences and weapons themselves wouldn't exist in H5 if it weren't for the req system. Pointing directly at CE magnum, h2br, hunter turrets, etc. if they weren't trying to sell req packs things like this may not exist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5