OP AshamanND

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/waypoint-vnext-faq
[Edit] Companies not coming to Infinite is a separate thing, and not what I am worried about in this post. I want to preserve Halo 5's functions.

The most recent news blog about the new Waypoint just came out.
They're 'closing down' Spartan Companies.
It sounds permanent, but it's not clear.

So many people have built amazing communities around this game. Don't let 343 just dismiss it all and disrespect the people that have pushed Halo 5s community for the last 5 years.

Tell them to make Companies available on the new Waypoint website.

If not, we all have until Nov 1 to lock in our groups and hope for the best.

It's been fun, Spartans. I salute all my fellow players.

343, please make the right choice.
  • Promise to add it to the new Waypoint.
  • Keep the current Waypoint running for now.
  • Or add in-game roster management and commendation tracking
3 weeks is not enough notice.

[edit] - I know they will still exist in the background - but ALL functionality, including roster management and commendation tracking, will be lost. This really does mean the effective end of Companies.

Quote:
Spartan Companies will still appear in Halo 5 but without our interface you will no longer be able to edit your Company info or roster. (So, if you have any planned updates, we recommend you do them now.) Your Company's Service Record and Commendations will not be visible, but they will continue to tick behind the scenes and rewards (including Achilles) will continue to be granted. Your roster will be locked with no way to add, remove, promote, or demote members. Spartan Company forums will no longer be available.
Halo 5 UGC will be unaffected in-game, to be clear, but the Waypoint interface to browse your Halo 5 game variants, map variants, and Forge object groups will no longer be available.
This is bad. I’m really surprised 343 would do this.
Absolutely horrified by this. We gotta push and make our voices heard.
Lol,
Spartan Companies were easily confused for clans. RIP Spartan companies.
Garbage move
May Hamn wrote:
Lol,
Spartan Companies were easily confused for clans. RIP Spartan companies.
Spartan Companies are a type of clan. Or they could be a subsection of a clan.
It’s disappointing that Spartan Companies (and potentially smaller subsets of Spartan Companies) aren’t being brought over to Infinite. They were a good idea and should’ve been expanded upon.
This is bad. I’m really surprised 343 would do this.
When they let the old stats die, I realized anything's possible...but
Hopefully they are just fazing it out and replacing it under a new name, like fireteam or just clan. We got months to go after all
Do 343 have any plans for stats thru waypoint at all? The beta waypoint is pretty sparse
Another bad move for 343, instead of continue the companies making some new rewards for infinite they will close that really??, and worse they will kill that like Halo 5 doesnt exist, not only they dont add nothing new to halo 5, they remove things from Halo 5 ...
Wow I can't believe this decicion, I just got my group to 100 players and now they are going to lock it up?

Hopefully the way they worded it is intentional and the grouping will be in halo infinite, I literally made my group to get ready for halo infinite so we could smash infinite comendations on day 1.
It doesn't sound like there will be anything in Infinite.
1. Halo 5 Companies will still be viewable and the like, you just can't change them.
2. Nothing - absolutely nothing - was said in the positive or negative for the future of Clans, Fireteams, or Companies in Halo Infinite. It's far too soon to rage that they're not going to be in Infinite.
1. Halo 5 Companies will still be viewable and the like, you just can't change them.
2. Nothing - absolutely nothing - was said in the positive or negative for the future of Clans, Fireteams, or Companies in Halo Infinite. It's far too soon to rage that they're not going to be in Infinite.
1. They'll only be viewable in-game. Nothing about them will be viewable online. No stats, rosters, commendations, forums, nothing.
2. I'm not talking about infinite in my OP.
Where do we go to make our voice heard? Should we submit tickets to the support team?
Where do we go to make our voice heard? Should we submit tickets to the support team?
Submitting tickets to Halo support isn’t the correct move. They should only be used for bug reports, spamming them because of outrage isn’t a solution nor will it do any good.
If you want your voice heard this forum thread is probably the place to do so.

Personally I’m not surprised Companies are being left behind, 343i were quiet in this subject for a very long time.
My suspicions were basically confirmed in Flight 1 of the app & website. You couldn’t view Companies then either.

I’m slightly disappointed to see Spartan Companies become a thing of the past. I’ve met some great friends through them over the years. Really brings in a sense of community if you’re in a good one.
Although there are plenty of ones that would rather throw fun out the window and have strict leadership over players…which I can imagine is a lot less fun.
Here.
Tell them why you don't want Companies gone.

Share your story.
Here's part of ours:

We started our Company in 2018 as a small group of friends. By the end of the year, we had 100 people, and made a second group. We started a Discord server, and learned about managing a gaming group along the way. We never had crazy playtime requirements, just once a month.

On November 9, 2019 - we finally unlocked the Armor piece. I remember because I was scheduled to go to house sit at my parents' place, which is hours away, by boat. I brought my Xbox One with me, because we had been tracking our progress and I knew it was likely we would finish the armor while I was there. We did. We knew in advance, messaged everyone to get online that day, and we celebrated together as the pack came in. It was such a joyous feeling, and an amazing moment for our group.

It was only possible because we could track our progress.

We're now just 2 commendations away from the Helmet. Tracking to finish in December, maybe even before Infinite if we're lucky. But not before November 1st.
We'll have no way to know if we're close, or if we've slowed down drastically.

We've been robbed of our chance to plan a celebration at the moment of unlocking the helmet. After 3 years of promoting a casual, safe, fun environment for our members - we get 3 weeks notice that the rug is being pulled out from under us.

This isn't fair.

PS.
You can also tweet at them - I did:
https://twitter.com/AshamanND/status/1446606801227501568
Will people be given another way to earn achilles??
Getting rid of Spartan Companies is a dumb move... Unless you are replacing it with something similar we can move forward with... Why would you get rid of an internal group based platform for your player base to use?

Literally... please don't remove it. ffs
NONONONONONONONO

343 please don’t donthis

My spartan company is literally the only reason i come on to Waypoint…

i have had so many meaningful and wholesome conversations in my soartan company and if 343 removed that… well i truly would never respect them again.
They better not.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11