Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The end of Spartan Companies?

OP AshamanND

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
AshamanND wrote:
I've tried to explain it, but we're just not on the same page.
I appreciate you attempt to help me and my group get their goals, but it's just not going to work the way you're describing it for us.

The ideal solution would be if 343 simply said "We didn't have enough time to get it ready for the launch of Waypoint vNext - but we'll bring it online later".
I don't see why anyone could possibly have a problem with that.
You've explained in vague lamentations; people can't help a problem unless they know what it is. And so far viable solutions have been given to a great number of concerns that you have expressed. It would be ideal if 343 could add Halo 5 Companies into the new Waypoint, but it is prudent to have a backup plan in case they cannot or will not. If all you do is sit on your thumbs being mad about it, then you've really no one to blame but yourself.
I'm not sitting on my thumbs, but I'm certainly mad. You have no idea what lengths I am going to in my own group to do what needs to be done for them.
You solutions won't help the members of our group that current have neither the helmet nor the armor, and I'm not going to spend more time explaining it to you.
I'm better suited helping them.

I hope you have a good week.
Well then best of luck, but as I'm sure your aware, for the members in your company that don't have the armor that time has well passed, and would be even if the Companies were not being frozen. As their Spartan Commander, you might want to advise they find a Company close to that goal, if that's what they're wanting from them.
Well then best of luck, but as I'm sure your aware, for the members in your company that don't have the armor that time has well passed, and would be even if the Companies were not being frozen. As their Spartan Commander, you might want to advise they find a Company close to that goal, if that's what they're wanting from them.
I've made announcements, I've sent DMs.
The plan for ALL of those people was to earn the helmet with us - and then switch to our secondary group and earn the armor over time.
They can't do that now.

It's a -Yoink- situation.

But thanks for the advice.
Dang, wouldn't be surprised if they turned off halo 5's servers in a few years at this rate. The game has been getting all its support from the community and now a huge part of it is about to die.
I was invited to join a spartan company last December or January after being kicked out of one for trying to run it. (It only had 4 members and needed to bump up those numbers. Admin was kindof a -Yoink- and kicked me out. No reason. He wasn't even playing Halo anymore and wanted him to pass adminship to me to revitalize it. So I complained and I was invited to join another group that's at max capacity now. And it's a damn fine group I'm in.
I was invited to join a spartan company last December or January after being kicked out of one for trying to run it. (It only had 4 members and needed to bump up those numbers. Admin was kindof a -Yoink- and kicked me out. No reason. He wasn't even playing Halo anymore and wanted him to pass adminship to me to revitalize it. So I complained and I was invited to join another group that's at max capacity now. And it's a damn fine group I'm in.
Hey yeah I remember you. I was the leader of the company you’re in when you joined.

And then me and a few admins left and made the one I’m currently in now
Dear 343 Industries,
As a long-playing member of your game, Halo 5, I request that you reconsider the final date to which you are to discontinue the ability for us to view the Spartan Company stats, especially the Commendations section. As a team still striving to achieve the Achilles Helmet, this data is of extreme importance to us in determining which categories we still need to concentrate on to achieve this award. In addition, viewing the progress from week to week helps to solidify a sense of accomplishment; one that helps us to stay focused. Without the ability to view these visual progress bars, it will be next to impossible to achieve the reward; especially on a timely basis.

As far as locking down Spartan Company membership (no adds or removals), it would be nice to have a later date as well. Reason? People join, then after a couple of weeks, do not play, or decide to play customs, both of which gets the Company nowhere in achieving the Achilles reward. I hear and understand the reasoning as to discontinuing this feature. I also understand (I assume) that even though the general majority of Halo players will move their playing time to Halo Infinite, I will be one of those who will continue to play both, just like those who still enjoy playing each of the predecessor Halo games. Keeping the Spartan company’s ability to make changes to its membership active until December 31st would be okay by me. This would give a better chance for the remaining active players to move to and from Companies, depending upon their goal for either (or both) of the Achilles reward. Thank you for your time and consideration.
No cap this pisses me off due to the fact I've been waiting to join a company for pros and comp players alike 😒 then they pull a stunt like this 💀
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since OP is being annoying by sending out spam messages, I think 343 should shut down spartan companies even earlier.
It isn't spam to message spartan company leadership.
It's definitely spam to mass message people who have no idea who you are. That's literally the definition of spam.
Apparently you don't know the proper definition of spam in messages, which makes your comment even more illiterate than it already was. Spam in the messaging world is where an individual or system sends out bulk messages to a single recipient or conversation that all contain similar if not identical content. Therefore, sending out the same message to multiple recipients is not actually considered spam, but rather just considered mass mailing, a system that is quite often used in emergencies by governments, but also used quite often as a form of news broadcasting to several different sources (in this case, the various leadership of different Spartan Companies).
DoubleSama wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Since OP is being annoying by sending out spam messages, I think 343 should shut down spartan companies even earlier.
It isn't spam to message spartan company leadership.
It's definitely spam to mass message people who have no idea who you are. That's literally the definition of spam.
See, you're only referring to the older definition of spam that pertains to the advertising through email process. Spam in a social network is a little bit more blurry in terms of community led definition. Anyone who uses social messaging systems knows the definition of spam by common sense, and the immediate Google definition does not help your point within this context.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Since OP is being annoying by sending out spam messages, I think 343 should shut down spartan companies even earlier.
It's not spam to message many different people about the same thing. Thes people are in different groups. Spartan Companies are great. Spam is when you send many messages to the same person without them responding
Spam is sending unsolicited messages in bulk. The messages do not have to be to a single person. Try looking up the definition.
I sent you a message, and the other LTs from your Company.
You have no way to know what or if I sent messages to other people.
You are not posting on the topic at hand.
Please respect this forum.

I sent you one message and one reply to your reply.
I will not be sending you more.

I respect your privacy, please respect the topic of this thread.

Hundreds of people care about the loss of Spartan companies, I would think as a leader you would too.

I am actually curious to hear your opinion on the shut down of Company administration, if you care to share on the topic of this thread.
I don't think spartan companies should return in Infinite. They were fun for a bit in 5, but quickly promoted a toxic environment that was built around farming for commendations. There's not really a point to playing a match if most of your teammates are focused on farming a specific commendation that has nothing to do with the objective. And the same applies to playing against a team that's just farming as well. Warzone Assault became unplayable for a long time because of this.
You don't know what goes on in other companies. Mine for example, is a place where we talk about life, struggles and overcoming them, religion, Halo, sports, and other games as well. It's a great place to hangout
FestivHunter my friend said that if not for companies he would never had met us and we got him through some life and death decisions
Overall, I'd say the effect spartan companies have had on the actual Halo 5 game has been negative. The way they're currently set up, they promote toxic behavior. I think it's no surprise that they're being shut down.
An opinion that holds no actual fact and can be immediately seen as vastly incorrect in terms of accuracy as Spartan Companies have extended the Halo 5 community and given players additional goals to grind for. "They promote toxic behavior". Where?
DoubleSama wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Trashbot4 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Trashbot4 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Since OP is being annoying by sending out spam messages, I think 343 should shut down spartan companies even earlier.
It's not spam to message many different people about the same thing. Thes people are in different groups. Spartan Companies are great. Spam is when you send many messages to the same person without them responding
Spam is sending unsolicited messages in bulk. The messages do not have to be to a single person. Try looking up the definition.
I sent you a message, and the other LTs from your Company.
You have no way to know what or if I sent messages to other people.
You are not posting on the topic at hand.
Please respect this forum.

I sent you one message and one reply to your reply.
I will not be sending you more.

I respect your privacy, please respect the topic of this thread.

Hundreds of people care about the loss of Spartan companies, I would think as a leader you would too.

I am actually curious to hear your opinion on the shut down of Company administration, if you care to share on the topic of this thread.
I don't think spartan companies should return in Infinite. They were fun for a bit in 5, but quickly promoted a toxic environment that was built around farming for commendations. There's not really a point to playing a match if most of your teammates are focused on farming a specific commendation that has nothing to do with the objective. And the same applies to playing against a team that's just farming as well. Warzone Assault became unplayable for a long time because of this.
Farming in gametypes is far from something to be considered "toxic behavior", as it is literally just a strategic method to get the commendations done faster, and most often while it does involve a disconnection from the primary objective, it isn't actually breaking any in game rules or involve direct confrontational indecency. Therefore, it is not promoting a toxic environment, but rather a more complex environment instead. Some players may consider it toxic because it indirectly creates conflict that does match their own goals or playstyle, but in reality those players just need to suck it up and understand that the world / game and it's differing player priorities does not revolve around them.
My disappointment is great, with me and with 343. I should have pushed my guys harder because of the actions of 343 in the past. I don't believe they have communicated with us very well. I would have had liked more time to get the final pieces that we need for my team. Now I have to convince my members to the impossible. Well I guess that is what Spartans do.
Commanding Office of the Spartan Company ESWATCorp.
Captain John Xarrian
DoubleSama wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Trashbot4 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Trashbot4 wrote:
DoubleSama wrote:
Since OP is being annoying by sending out spam messages, I think 343 should shut down spartan companies even earlier.
It's not spam to message many different people about the same thing. Thes people are in different groups. Spartan Companies are great. Spam is when you send many messages to the same person without them responding
Spam is sending unsolicited messages in bulk. The messages do not have to be to a single person. Try looking up the definition.
I sent you a message, and the other LTs from your Company.
You have no way to know what or if I sent messages to other people.
You are not posting on the topic at hand.
Please respect this forum.

I sent you one message and one reply to your reply.
I will not be sending you more.

I respect your privacy, please respect the topic of this thread.

Hundreds of people care about the loss of Spartan companies, I would think as a leader you would too.

I am actually curious to hear your opinion on the shut down of Company administration, if you care to share on the topic of this thread.
I don't think spartan companies should return in Infinite. They were fun for a bit in 5, but quickly promoted a toxic environment that was built around farming for commendations. There's not really a point to playing a match if most of your teammates are focused on farming a specific commendation that has nothing to do with the objective. And the same applies to playing against a team that's just farming as well. Warzone Assault became unplayable for a long time because of this.
Farming in gametypes is far from something to be considered "toxic behavior", as it is literally just a strategic method to get the commendations done faster, and most often while it does involve a disconnection from the primary objective, it isn't actually breaking any in game rules or involve direct confrontational indecency. Therefore, it is not promoting a toxic environment, but rather a more complex environment instead. Some players may consider it toxic because it indirectly creates conflict that does match their own goals or playstyle, but in reality those players just need to suck it up and understand that the world / game and it's differing player priorities does not revolve around them.
This whole statement proves just how toxic it can be. Imagine yourself in a game of warzone, and are stuck in your home base because the enemy team is farming kills with their vehicles or particular weapons. They purposely avoid damaging the core in the name of getting more kills. Sure... it's not breaking any rules, I'm pretty sure no one here was under the impression it was, but to say it's an acceptable behavior because it isn't breaking any game rules, shows just how pervasive it is. It makes the game miserable for the other players and ultimately forces them out. Telling them to "suck it up" shows a lack of caring and understanding for other gamers in the community and their thoughts on the matter.

It's one thing to play the game, and get credit towards comms through natural play, and I'm even ok pushing the boundaries (i.e., getting any opposing player in the home base to farm marines)... I have no issue with those types of things. What I do have an issue with, is being consistently spawn killed while the enemy team controls everything, and I'm left with nothing to do because they need the kills. Telling me to "suck it up", only exacerbates the problem.

My issue (and I'm pretty sure the real issue behind this topic) is how 343 handled Spartan Companies and their lack of communication or understanding of the community, and how we as the community should we as the community should handle it.
Dear 343 Industries,
As a long-playing member of your game, Halo 5, I request that you reconsider the final date to which you are to discontinue the ability for us to view the Spartan Company stats, especially the Commendations section. As a team still striving to achieve the Achilles Helmet, this data is of extreme importance to us in determining which categories we still need to concentrate on to achieve this award. In addition, viewing the progress from week to week helps to solidify a sense of accomplishment; one that helps us to stay focused. Without the ability to view these visual progress bars, it will be next to impossible to achieve the reward; especially on a timely basis.

As far as locking down Spartan Company membership (no adds or removals), it would be nice to have a later date as well. Reason? People join, then after a couple of weeks, do not play, or decide to play customs, both of which gets the Company nowhere in achieving the Achilles reward. I hear and understand the reasoning as to discontinuing this feature. I also understand (I assume) that even though the general majority of Halo players will move their playing time to Halo Infinite, I will be one of those who will continue to play both, just like those who still enjoy playing each of the predecessor Halo games. Keeping the Spartan company’s ability to make changes to its membership active until December 31st would be okay by me. This would give a better chance for the remaining active players to move to and from Companies, depending upon their goal for either (or both) of the Achilles reward. Thank you for your time and consideration.
So much this.

For anyone saying Halo 5 will be irrelevant after December 8th, speak for yourselves.

Many of us will continue to play Halo 5, just as we do the older Halo games.

Removing a core function of the community aspect of Halo 5 is just heartbreaking.
For me, it isn't necessarily the fact that they are getting rid of Companies and I won't be able to earn armor (that was never my goal to begin with). The thing that troubles me is that if Companies don't exist, clan support essentially doesn't exist.

If 343 wants to get rid of Companies, fine...but I want to know what sort of clan support Infinite will have, I'm talking basics like will there be a Clan ID function? To simply throw that away or ignore it doesn't make any sense to me, at its core Halo is a team game, whether its a bunch of randoms or not...
When I still consistently played halo I was solo for quite a long time however it was Spartan companies that connected me with an Amazing group of players even if I didn’t realize it much at the time I feel this is a big loss for the halo community, Spartan companies helped connect the player base and give people who played solo what they may eventually call friends while I still had many memories before Spartan companies I created many more by joining one eventually I left because I was struggling to keep my Xbox live paid for but I did miss playing with that group. The Spartan company is 117 ways to die and we eventually created a subsidiary called 117 ways to kill and it was because of these 2 companies put together as one that I eventually became more social on other games as well however that may disappear for players that are still in a similar situation I was in before I joined my Spartan company. I hope to see this corrected by 343 in some way as the halo community has been drifting apart slowly and I worry halo infinite itself can only keep us together for a short period of time.
RS Grunt wrote:
For me, it isn't necessarily the fact that they are getting rid of Companies and I won't be able to earn armor (that was never my goal to begin with). The thing that troubles me is that if Companies don't exist, clan support essentially doesn't exist.

If 343 wants to get rid of Companies, fine...but I want to know what sort of clan support Infinite will have, I'm talking basics like will there be a Clan ID function? To simply throw that away or ignore it doesn't make any sense to me, at its core Halo is a team game, whether its a bunch of randoms or not...
They will release the game incomplete, so you think they will add something like companies or clans?
Its curious that shortly after the announcement of the shut down of Spartan Company administration, that the current Waypoint starts having SIGNIFICANT problems with notifications, signing in, messaging and basically the whole function.

It's almost as if we're being forced out early and not even being given our measly 3 weeks to get organized.
I never would have reached 152 so quickly if it wasn't for companies.
Bummer.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11