1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
NO

No more on the god damn Falcon. I'm sick and tired of this topic. It's not coming back. It won't work without major reworks to the functions, to which point it may as well not be a Falcon.
I mean, this is all there really is the conversation. I LOVE the Falcon, and wish it would come back. But it would need to be an entirely new vehicle built from the ground up. The Wasp is different from the Phaeton, but it at least functions the same. At this point, just hope it makes a return in Halo 6, though wishing for something that's been in only one iteration of the franchise is a long shot.
the reach grenade launcher was in one iteration and made its way to halo 5 why can't the falcon, right.
I'd rather have the hornet return then the falcon because it's nothing more than a free few kills waiting to happen.
don't talk about your halo reach experience their are many posters on this forum with falcon induced trauma.
NO

No more on the god damn Falcon. I'm sick and tired of this topic. It's not coming back. It won't work without major reworks to the functions, to which point it may as well not be a Falcon.
I mean, this is all there really is the conversation. I LOVE the Falcon, and wish it would come back. But it would need to be an entirely new vehicle built from the ground up. The Wasp is different from the Phaeton, but it at least functions the same. At this point, just hope it makes a return in Halo 6, though wishing for something that's been in only one iteration of the franchise is a long shot.
the reach grenade launcher was in one iteration and made its way to halo 5 why can't the falcon, right.
Well, it's a little different adding a new weapon than it is adding a new vehicle, that's probably your explanation right there.

How many new weapons have been introduced in DLC? You have the Reach GL, the Hammer, the Hunter cannon. All three are ground up weaponry.

And how many new vehicles have been introduced? None. The Wasp has enough similarities with the Phaeton that it's comparable to the H2 BR, or the H2 Beam Rifle, or the CE Pistol, or Jorge's Chaingun, or the Plasma Rifle. All technically new weapons that share enough similarities with existing assets that they hardly count.
NO

Well, it's a little different adding a new weapon than it is adding a new vehicle, that's probably your explanation right there.

How many new weapons have been introduced in DLC? You have the Reach GL, the Hammer, the Hunter cannon. All three are ground up weaponry.

And how many new vehicles have been introduced? None. The Wasp has enough similarities with the Phaeton that it's comparable to the H2 BR, or the H2 Beam Rifle, or the CE Pistol, or Jorge's Chaingun, or the Plasma Rifle. All technically new weapons that share enough similarities with existing assets that they hardly count.
but it could still happen.
NO

but it could still happen.
I mean, 343 could build a real Falcon and drop it off in my driveway so I can avoid traffic, but there's no precedent for me to think there's a chance it will happen.
NO

First off if you don't want to contribute to getting the falcon as a vehicle in mini game modes don't even bother posting on this topic you could have just ignored it and moved on to a different subject of your interest.
No I'm also for not bring back the falcon. It would be unethical in warzone. You need to have other players want to get in it with you just no, doesn't work
why does everyone bring up warzone I know it's a good game mode but there are other game modes too you know. The halo community didn't start revolving around warzone it started with the basic game and mini games itself.
Because if you put something into just customs then it's going to be added to the rest of the game. For Halo 5, that includes Warzone and BTB when talking about vehicles. You act like if you keep it contained to one area then that's fine but you fail to realize that not everyone plays customs or wants to. The Falcon being just in customs would solve nothing and create for flak towards 343i because they brought back a fan-favorite vehicle but kept it out of multiplayer, where the bulk of the Halo population is.

Another reason for Warzone that I've already brought up is the fact that the ability to use the entire Halo 5 sandbox was apart of the advertisement. If a weapon, vehicle, or powerup was brought into Halo 5, but not Warzone then that would mean false advertising; something Halo 5 already gets a ton of flak for with it's campaign. However, you can't make it fit into Warzone unless you do some major reworking to the point where you might as well call it a new vehicle because it wouldn't be the falcon.

If you really need me to point out why it would not fit in Warzone (or BTB) then I will but I'm going to keep it at those points for now.
lolno it's already hard enough to get people into warthogs and now with grenade launchers, pro pipes, plasma pistols, spit fires, voids tears, hydras, typhoons, echidnas, answers, norn fangs, rockets, ad victoriams, high fives, spnkr primes, spartan laser, endgame, selenes lance, ultra banshees, phaetons, phaeton heilios, oni wasp, hannible wasp, oni mantis, hannible mantis, hannible scorpion, and the anti air wraith! all of this combined with the fact that it's just as big as the phaeton and doesn't have a evade option seals it's fate.
Besides, it's probably too late to bring it in since we might have like one update left to get.
I dont see why people keep saying things like this. We have over a year and a half before halo 6. Why would they stop updating this game now?
Would love to see the falcon come back in, but will it, most likely wont because 343 doesn't care and also its too late to bring it in. Also im not one for getting excited over vehicles in halo anymore when we were told their would be so many vehicles in halo 5. Old and new. instead we got variants of everything
Nooga wrote:
Besides, it's probably too late to bring it in since we might have like one update left to get.
I dont see why people keep saying things like this. We have over a year and a half before halo 6. Why would they stop updating this game now?
Halo wars 2 is why, 343 has a habit of stopping one game because another comes out.
NO

First off if you don't want to contribute to getting the falcon as a vehicle in mini game modes don't even bother posting on this topic you could have just ignored it and moved on to a different subject of your interest.
No I'm also for not bring back the falcon. It would be unethical in warzone. You need to have other players want to get in it with you just no, doesn't work
why does everyone bring up warzone I know it's a good game mode but there are other game modes too you know. The halo community didn't start revolving around warzone it started with the basic game and mini games itself.
Because that's where a falcon or any vehicle for that matter would be used most.
NO

Because that's where a falcon or any vehicle for that matter would be used most.
no it would probably be used as much as a regular mongoose or scout hog 1-3 a game
I think we'd have a much higher chance of seeing the Horrent come back, but I'd love to see the Falcon come back (and its grenade launcher version too); we really need air vehicles that can hold multiple people. Halo 4 only had the Banshee as an Air vehicle, and while Halo 5 now has three air vehicles, all of them are one seaters.
NO

Because if you put something into just customs then it's going to be added to the rest of the game. For Halo 5, that includes Warzone and BTB when talking about vehicles. You act like if you keep it contained to one area then that's fine but you fail to realize that not everyone plays customs or wants to. The Falcon being just in customs would solve nothing and create for flak towards 343i because they brought back a fan-favorite vehicle but kept it out of multiplayer, where the bulk of the Halo population is.

Another reason for Warzone that I've already brought up is the fact that the ability to use the entire Halo 5 sandbox was apart of the advertisement. If a weapon, vehicle, or powerup was brought into Halo 5, but not Warzone then that would mean false advertising; something Halo 5 already gets a ton of flak for with it's campaign. However, you can't make it fit into Warzone unless you do some major reworking to the point where you might as well call it a new vehicle because it wouldn't be the falcon.

If you really need me to point out why it would not fit in Warzone (or BTB) then I will but I'm going to keep it at those points for now.
well to you as well not everyone wants to play warzone. Even if the falcon "has" to be added into warzone in order to be in forge or customs "you" could just ignore the req card and never use it. (1 problem solved, 1000 more to go.) it's all up to the player if they want to use it or not just like how hardly anyone uses the scout hog and mongoos in warzone but in mini games its used more for races, cops n' robbers, and sumo.
When 343i introduced a human air vehicle, they created the Wasp instead of reviving the Falcon. So, it is fair to say that it is probably not coming back. Don't bet on it, at least.

Also, although the Falcon works well in a game like Reach, it would be a piece of junk in future Halo games, assuming they will be like Halo 5. For examples, you could get Splasered, targeted by a Rocket Launcher, targeted by a Plasma Pistol, destroyed by a Rocket Hog, destroyed by a Mantis, and destroyed by an Anti-Air Wraith. I could go on, but I think I have made my point clear.
As awesome as the Falcon may be (especially in nostalgia), the thing needs a serious overhaul to meet the standards of 2558 and onwards. I see problems with simply tossing a Falcon into the mix.

It's a huge target outside of the Phaeton, which makes it easy pickings for Hydras, Railguns, Spartan Lasers, Rocket Launchers. With so many REQ stations spread across the map, a single Falcon would be obliterated under concentrated fire. The lack of energy shielding (for the moment) leaves it even more vulnerable. It also doesn't have any evasive capabilities like the Banshee or Phaeton, which makes dodging enemy fire a nightmare in most cases. Finally, the Falcon isn't exactly the most agile aircraft out there. It's not as fast as the Hornet / Wasp (which aren't spectacular in terms of speed), and it's rather sluggish in its response.

So what you got is a cumbersome aerial platform that is easy pickings for heavy weaponry, which will turn your ride into a flaming pile of twisted metal as it comes crashing down from the air. So until a brand new model / successor unit is conceived, the Falcon will probably remain in civilian hands and on display in museums.

Then again, there is the possibility of equipping a Falcon with a pair of Guass turrets...
I think we'd have a much higher chance of seeing the Horrent come back, but I'd love to see the Falcon come back (and its grenade launcher version too); we really need air vehicles that can hold multiple people. Halo 4 only had the Banshee as an Air vehicle, and while Halo 5 now has three air vehicles, all of them are one seaters.
You could get Nornfang snipers on top of a Phaeton xD.
NO

no it would probably be used as much as a regular mongoose or scout hog 1-3 a game
Very few people use mongeese or scout warthogs... In fact I don't even think there are any scouthogs in BTB... I may be wrong but look at it like this...

The falcon isnt a vehicle that would be as commonly used as say a warthog. (Normal varrient) the falcon is a vehicle that requires other teammate to be used effectively. In btb there aren't many maps with aerial vehicles so by including the falcon other aerial vehicles would be replaced. (Like the banshee on guillotine)
Nooga wrote:
Halo wars 2 is why, 343 has a habit of stopping one game because another comes out.
^^^ bingo. Any time they advertise a new game a lot of support moves to that new shiny thing. Plus E3 never helps either.
Bring the falcon
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6