Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Grind to SR152; I'd Like to See Your Opinions

OP x N7 117 x

So, with it being double exp weekend, naturally many people will be jumping into matches and continuing with the tedious task that is the Grind to SR152.

But is it worth it? What do we get out of it other than some small satisfaction that we have achieved getting there? As I am on the fence about the grind, I think now is a good a time as any to see peoples opinion on the grind.
If you're anywhere under level 149 I can't see it being worth it, too much grind in too little time. Not saying it's not possible, just a little extreme.

I plan on getting there but I'm not 100% set on it, something could change in the next year.

I'm 2 mil into 150 and that's only just over half way there.
Already tons of posts about this, but anyway... You will get a special emblem/banner in Infinite if you max out in H5 and that's about it.

On average it takes players 70ish game days played to max. I maxed around that time with probably 6200 WZ and 700 Arena games while being a steady player since launch. Only "grind" I would do was the occasional WZFF game with legendary AI/XP boosts during 2x xp weekends. Halfway to 152 is 151.
Whitedooom wrote:
Already tons of posts about this, but anyway... You will get a special emblem/banner in Infinite if you max out in H5 and that's about it.
I am aware of that. My question was more directed in regards to Halo 5: Guardians than Halo: Infinite.

Also, if there is another thread asking about peoples opinions regarding reaching the max rank then I do apologise as I never saw it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:
I am aware of that. My question was more directed in regards to Halo 5: Guardians than Halo: Infinite.

Also, if there is another thread asking about peoples opinions regarding reaching the max rank then I do apologise as I never saw it.
All you get for 152 in Halo 5 is an emblem. So if it's worth it or not basically boils down to if you want that emblem and feel like having finished the ranking is... Well, worth it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Whitedooom wrote:

Ah I got you. I just assumed you meant Infinite. But yes, its just like Sylxeria said: it's just a snazzy emblem and the good feeling you get when you finally can sell all your stockpiled XP boosts for req points.
The grind really wasn't that bad IMO. But then again I play a lot of Halo and took advantage of the perks a lot probably missed out on like all the free gold and Platinum packs given away during HCS tournaments and used my Microsoft/bing rewards points for the legendary boost packs so I didn't have to buy them. If you truly just play the game and unlock all the reqs using the silver to gold method and primarily using your rp boost while saving your XP boost by the time you unlock all the reqs you should have a good collection of XP boost to use for the xp grind. If you start fresh it will probably take you about two years or so to max out everything. Which isn't that bad if you think about it. Better than H4 that you max out in like two months. As far as is it worth it that depends on the individual. It's already been said that there won't be a anything big in infinite like armor so odds are it won't be worth it to most. The only reason you should have to make it to 152 is you enjoy playing H5. The only true prize at the end of getting to 152 is the satisfaction of getting there (which right now less than 1000 players have done).
I'm 2.4M away from 150 and I doubt I'll make it and I play probably ten hours a week and maximize the featured playlists and XP boosts. The increase from 151 to 152 is pretty laughable to be honest. If I didn't take a year off I'm sure I'd be stuck in the middle of that monotony.
LethalQ wrote:
The grind really wasn't that bad IMO. But then again I play a lot of Halo and took advantage of the perks a lot probably missed out on like all the free gold and Platinum packs given away during HCS tournaments and used my Microsoft/bing rewards points for the legendary boost packs so I didn't have to buy them. If you truly just play the game and unlock all the reqs using the silver to gold method and primarily using your rp boost while saving your XP boost by the time you unlock all the reqs you should have a good collection of XP boost to use for the xp grind. If you start fresh it will probably take you about two years or so to max out everything. Which isn't that bad if you think about it. Better than H4 that you max out in like two months. As far as is it worth it that depends on the individual. It's already been said that there won't be a anything big in infinite like armor so odds are it won't be worth it to most. The only reason you should have to make it to 152 is you enjoy playing H5. The only true prize at the end of getting to 152 is the satisfaction of getting there (which right now less than 1000 players have done).
Can you explain how to do the Microsoft/bing reward points?
x N7 117 x wrote:
So, with it being double exp weekend, naturally many people will be jumping into matches and continuing with the tedious task that is the Grind to SR152.

But is it worth it? What do we get out of it other than some small satisfaction that we have achieved getting there? As I am on the fence about the grind, I think now is a good a time as any to see peoples opinion on the grind.
If you enjoy playing the game then go for it
Akinola51 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Use your gamertag email and set up an account with bing. You get points for doing their stuff online small quizzes and doing searches. You can get 250-300 points a day. You can max them out in less than ten minutes really as you can do like I do and just search a, then search b, then search c....ECT. then download the app on Xbox one as well and do the stuff on there for points, mostly just click some stuff. Anyways every now and then the "hot deal" is a $5 Microsoft gift card which you can then use to get the legendary boost packs in the store. Warzone. Or Arena... You can usually get two packs a month. Which is 40 legendary boost, worth it IMO.
LethalQ wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Use your gamertag email and set up an account with bing. You get points for doing their stuff online small quizzes and doing searches. You can get 250-300 points a day. You can max them out in less than ten minutes really as you can do like I do and just search a, then search b, then search c....ECT. then download the app on Xbox one as well and do the stuff on there for points, mostly just click some stuff. Anyways every now and then the "hot deal" is a $5 Microsoft gift card which you can then use to get the legendary boost packs in the store. Warzone. Or Arena... You can usually get two packs a month. Which is 40 legendary boost, worth it IMO.
Thank you!
x N7 117 x wrote:

Given the small reward grinding isn't worth it if you don't enjoy the process.
I played modes that I enjoyed and partied up with friends and company members when possible. Playing infection, firefight and double XP modes constantly would have driven me insane.
I appreciate the lengthy SR grind and the method in which they set it up. I’m glad it allows most players to reach high ranks under fairly reasonable amounts of XP, but with the last 5-7 ranks being the true grind fest. Seems smart to me even if I know I’ll never likely reach its completion.
It is a ridiculous amount of XP but they probably knew the game would be out for (Halo) 5 years and adjusted the progression accordingly. If everyone hit max rank 2 years ago this game might actually be way less populated than it already is.
Doesn't seem worth it to me. As much as I love Halo, I have other things I'd rather do with my limited spare time than grind endlessly.
I really hope that the halo infinite's reward would be beautiful. I hope in a flaming helmet like halo 3 and reach
I really hope that the halo infinite's reward would be beautiful. I hope in a flaming helmet like halo 3 and reach
They already said it won't anything big like armor so odds are against a flaming helmet.
6 mil left to 152 on one account then im going to get a second one to 152 its at 148
The best reward for getting to 152 is the journey. If you don't like grinding for xp, then it's definitely not worth it. In the end all you receive is an emblem which doesn't even look good and "something" yet to be revealed in Halo: Infinite -- which will probably also merely be an emblem. That said, I enjoyed the grind, and I doubt anyone who doesn't enjoy the grind has made it to 152 so the rest of them would probably agree with me.