2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 24
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
No Split-Screen, thats my only problem. And also not having the game right now.
Game is awesome
Games have to evolve to stay relevant and fresh... I don't see why this is such a problem for some people :|
I have to challenge this notion. This logic eventually leads to over-simplification of games and monotony in the industry. Not all games can mimic Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto, but developers will sure try.

I'm not saying Halo 5 is similar to CoD. It's not. But I also don't think that games have to do anything to "evolve" into a new mold. It's okay to expand on your existing formula, not shamelessly take things from other games and just assume they will work in yours.
While how you explained 'evolve' is true, that's not what people necessarily mean when they say 'evolve'. I like that Halo 5 has evolved beyond it's predecessors. But it's not because of their 'shameless' use of Sprint. They took away split-screen, that was an interesting move, since other games allowed it. I don't see 343 as stealing all of their ideas from other companies. Them evolving to be relevant can be cured by making the competition even, as other Halo games have done WHILE ALSO making the gameplay more intense.

When I go back and play Halo CE, I can't do it. It's so slow, it's so boring. Even the updated graphics didn't do much for me. When I first played it, it was great. But I can't simply slap it in the system and play it again without getting tired of not being able to move quickly on large maps. That isn't copying, that's making sense.
I'm certainly not taking a stab at you either, i just wanted that clarified.
Diknak wrote:
Games have to evolve to stay relevant and fresh... I don't see why this is such a problem for some people :|
I saw this and laughed, How is this game fresh?

Give me one aspect? how is this game Fresh? How?

Story wise, Halo has always been original. Even halo 4 was original(bad but original).

Halo 5 just isn't original.
The Warzone is very unique. . . does that really need qualifying?

The arena is a return of the arena shooter. Everything else out there is a military CoD clone and arena is very fresh to have balanced even starts and no kill streaks.
Couldn't agree more. No camping for killstreaks thats what i love
Remember Halo 2? Arbiter had more story missions than chief. Its a new character, we got a feel for who he was/will be. Chief will be the only character played in the next game, I assure you.
In my opinion the game is great. Smoothy modern gameplay with that special Halo feeling. But i am with everyone that think there had to be more Master Chief. Agent Locke is not bad but he is not my Halo Hero that is the Chief with his sidekick Cortana.
But what 343 with the story of these characters did was not the smartest idea they have. They made a great game, a good story but they lied when they said Chief is the main character in Halo 5, like they sad in interviews from the past.
Come on folks, we all know that the campaign is not the main reason this game has been released. Halo 5 is just another multiplayer platform. All of the support that will go into this game and the follow-ups will be for the PvP experience. Everything that this game is points to the fact that it is for PvP. No split screen? Better to play on xbox live and see the whole screen while playing other players the same way. Weak story, we can put more money and resources to PvP since most people will return for that over a campaign with a weak story. Customize your avatar only if you play the new PvP form and either pay for better gear or play and hope to get something above mediocre.
Don't look for a good story, 343 and Microsoft don't want it. They just want a game where they can pump out sequels where customers will blindly buy hoping that the initial ability to tell a good story may one day return.
Halo HYPE
I still love it!
I love Halo 5, it's just more cod- ish now if you get what I'm saying?
WoodsGold wrote:
I think Halo was brought back to life. It needed to bring the gameplay to the modern era while maintaining the principles that made Halo Halo. If anything, the changes were too conservative in terms of Spartan abilities.

Warzone is a welcome addition and, if DOTA2 and LoL are any example, Warzone has competitive potential. I really hope 343 keeps giving this mode some love and develop more maps while improving/balancing gameplay.
WoodsGold wrote:
WoodsGold wrote:
God this quoting is weird but yes the magnum is crazy
I am a big fan of the series. I have read all the comics, played all the games, and watched all the videos. Not a big reader so I haven't read the books. I haven't finished the campaign yet as I am taking my time through it to fully enjoy it and find all of the hidden intel. But so far, The game looks and feels really smooth. I have never been a fan of squad based games but because its Halo, i don't mind this in H5 so much. My biggest gripe right now though is that armor customization is really lacking! I thought the way they handled armor customization in Halo 4 was brilliant. We were able to select and combine different pieces of armor (shoulders, legs, arms, torso, helmets) to make our spartan our own. Yet here in H5 we are stuck with only full armor suits and helmets?! Huge @#$%&*@ let down.

Also, I read OP's spoiler on MC only being in a few missions and the majority is based on Locke and Osiris. THAT is @#$%&*@ terrible. I understand and appreciate the need to keep the game fresh and relevant, but only using MC and Blue team on only a few missions is downright criminal. Cortana becoming a bad guy, or at least a splinter of her personality becoming one, I don't mind so much and could make for some interesting story.

As for 343 vs Bungie, I think that Bungie started an amazing franchise and passed it to a good company. IMHO Halo 4 was fantastic (story, engine, art, multiplayer,CUSTOMIZATION, and spartan ops). 343 has also kept the universe alive and expanding through comics the movies. Not to mention the stellar Hunt for the Truth and Keegan Michael Key's performance. We also have Halo Wars 2 to look forward to. Not saying they are perfect, but they aren't terrible either.
DRAMA!!! But seriously, all my friends and I believe that Halo is alive and well in the hands of 343i. Sorry you feel gypted, but man, I love this friggin' game.
Crocsx wrote:
Let's just say you are a fan of the olds halo and you can't accept change.
you can go play Destiny which has an awesome story and follow Bungie,
We could have honestly closed the thread there. Why the pointless threads get the most pages. And I mean pointless because this is not of a blog post than a thread.

and this halo clearly is not for you. Bungie isn't dead they are just making another game, go play that game lol
I like the new Halo, the old ones may have been better but you have to accept change.
While there may be some minor problems with Halo 5 I don't understand how anyone can claim it's not Halo. 343 delved into the extended universe to make a story that is deeper than just the Master Chief which is great in my opinion. You can't have a one man army fighting by himself forever or it'd get stale and everyone would complain that Halo was recycling the same ideas and gameplay of old. Basically no one is going to be happy because they have expectations set by nostalgia and no one not even Bungie could meet those expectations.
I feel like the camaign is just... the Osiris team stuff wasn't really necessary, is like a way to fill up the history.

About Warzone... i was specting something more, something big that make you feel really great while playing it, but it just doesn´t feel like that.
And the same for the entire game. I know that it's something new, but i don't know...

I hope that they can fix the game at least a bit with some DLC's :/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 24