Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

The Kickoff Assassination trouble

OP DavidSuomi

I have 14 assassinations unlocked and I've been able to do all of them except this one. I have it equipped but the animation is either slitting the enemy's throat or stabbing them through the base of the skull, which are default animations.

I've tried at least 6 times to get this assassination but each time the proper animation doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a space issue? Would it only work with no walls or barriers around?

Thanks for any replies
I think there is a bug in the assassinations. Mine keep reverting back to default...sometimes. Yet it only shows that I have 4 when in fact I have 5 including default. its buggy for sure. Small stuff.
I get this when I equip Lift Off. It reverts back to default every time. First I thought it was because of being on a slope, or being in confined spaces but even out in the open it doesn't work.
Nasdukar wrote:
I get this when I equip Lift Off. It reverts back to default every time. First I thought it was because of being on a slope, or being in confined spaces but even out in the open it doesn't work.
Same issue here.
I was finally able to do The Kickoff! I had camo on the rig haha. Anyway during the assassination the enemy gets kicked quite far so I'm guessing that's why I couldn't do it before because my attempts were in more confined areas.
Same problem! Unlocked the kick off and every time I use it, it just goes back to default melee of slitting their throats
Question to #DavidSuomi : what req packs did you purchase to get so many damn assasination unlocks?! I get warzone packs every week for buying the halo 5 special edition Xbox 1 and don't even get those kind of hookups :(
Myself included, i have never been able to actually preform "The Kickoff" i have it equipepd and i keep getting the default assassination
I've had this problem as well, thought it might have something to do with the space available to preform the assasination. It probably switches back to default when there isn't enough space.