The Legendary Grind to SR152

OP DirtierDan117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quote:
Gods must be strong.
Hey all, been wanting to make this post for awhile now. I don't have a reason why aside from keeping myself accountable really. But anyways...

I am grinding hard to SR152. Like, really really hard. I always wanted to be a halo completionist and this is one major thing I gotta do. And my goal is to do it before Halo Infinite releases. Now here is the crazy part, I am only SR105. I have been grinding for about 3 weeks now and made my way from SR29 to here with about 3 million XP gained over 3 weeks. I have set a goal of getting 1 million XP per week over the course of about a year. Why a year?

Well according to my calculations if I continue to earn about 1 million XP per week it will take me 329 days, or about 47 weeks, to hit 50 million XP and that oh so sweet SR152. If I were to round that up to year to account for random things which keep me away from Halo (because I do have a life, I swear), then I estimate about a year. Luckily for me Halo Infinite comes out in a little over a year, because this is not holiday season.

But somehow I have to keep myself motivated to keep doing this. Because every time I read a post online about grinding this out, people say it is too late. That may be true. But I am still gonna try. I am 100% willing to spend countless hours of my life on this simply because I love Halo. And besides, have y'all heard of audiobooks? Amazing. I consider myself to be a lore fanatic but I actually haven't read all the books. I eventually plan to purchase every piece of Halo media, hard cover, but for right now I cannot. But luckily 343 places emphasis on good narrators. Did you know they actually got Tim Dadabo (voice of 343 guilty spark) to read a book? They add music and effects in and everything.

Listening to music, halo books, halo podcasts, or anything really keeps the grind interesting. I have played Halo since I was 4 years old. I think now I can finally expand on my love for the games and doing this grind has proven to make me quite happy and feel accomplished every time I hit that 1 million for the week. Most of my grinding is done on the weekend, since work keeps my week mostly occupied. But regardless, this is a great experience for me personally.

I will keep this post updated on my progress on the grind. Currently heroic firefight and Halo 3 Classic (i hit diamond 1 for one single game. Then back down to platinum RIP) are my favorite grind gametypes. My gamertag is DirtierDan117, SR137 and I am currently at 6,001,630 XP as of 07 July 2019

Is anybody else out there grinding hard for this? Any words of encouragement (or discouragement lol)? Any questions in general or tips for me?
It is definitely not to late for players to hit 152 before infinite comes out with some dedication. Play a lot of warzone, heroic warzone firefight is great for grinding as it's low stress and good payouts and matches can end quickly if you use vehicles. Warzone assault is great for XP just don't get stresses out when you get spawned trapped and curb stomped by teams, just concentrate on getting that xp and dont worry about winning/losing or your k/d. Also what will really help you is this.... Start a bing rewards (aka Microsoft rewards on Xbox) with your gamer tag email. Between using your smart phone and the Xbox one app you can get enough points for a $5 Microsoft gift card about every ten days and then use that to get the warzone legendary XP boost pack for 20 legendary boost. That helps a ton. Arena can give good XP as well in the featured playlist with good boost as well. What I did is pay attention to XP boost, amount of XP gained in how much average time per playlist. Then you can have an idea of what to play depending on time. As long as the grind is it's important to change up what you play here and there so not to get burned out and bored.... Good luck on the grind.
I haven’t played in a long time but was just thinking about making the grind myself. I’m a few points shy of SR 82, but in doing the math it took me just over 6 days of playtime to get there, so I’d have to play for another 140 days to get to the 50 million if I earn at the same rate as when the game was released. The million dollar question becomes have they changed the xp payout since launch to give more? I know I have xp boosts to use, but I remember them not having much if any impact way back when.
If you want to make the grind less tiresome I recommend putting Netflix on the side and find a show that you may already seen before like Star Trek since there's a lot of seasons to re-binge and occasional watch Youtube shows like the 'Act Man' on the side since he talks a lot about Halo and people like generally help make the grind to 152 less tiresome. It is possible you could get 750k through the week-days and get around 750k on the weekend so I guess if OP tries hard enough you can get around 1-2 million in a week but really depends on how much time you want to do in plus it can be easy to get burnt out.

Plus as ranks get higher with exp...the more overwhelming it can get. I'm only nearly 700k from finishing Halo 5, I'm struggling to want to finish it. As said before in the forums I could have been max rank by now, maybe earlier but the problem is I'm burnt out mostly with the game, generally don't enjoy H5 since it stress's me out.
Bro I just sit back with a beer and blast Electric Wizard and play it away. The grind is eased with nice sludge metal and innebriation, hahaha trust me. But, however, all that matters are kills, and how much rounds you play a day, WITH XP BOOSTERS, always use xp boosters. We should team up, hangout, and just play it up my man. You sound like a cool guy so we should fireteam someday! I'll help yah get there brother.
Either that or listening to Doom music then play Infection, pretend I'm Doom guy in Halo 5....need I say more?
YOU GOT THIS!! I have taken some serious time off from halo 5. I'd play for maybe 3 games then get off. Last time I really played besides his weekend was 240 days ago and I know because I used to always record my encounters or deaths on Xbox and I saw on Saturday it was 240 days since my last one. I'm now past 10 million xp. 20% done. Think with your availability in less than 7 weeks you'll be higher level than I am and with my busy schedule I'll probably be the same rank by that time. I really want to try grind it out but my time isn't there. I can do it just busy busy busy. But I'm gonna try at least for 4-5 hours on every Saturday. Been a good 200,000 xp on a weekend. I won't hit it by infinite at that rate though. You got this, just keep at it
Bro I just sit back with a beer and blast Electric Wizard and play it away. The grind is eased with nice sludge metal and innebriation, hahaha trust me. But, however, all that matters are kills, and how much rounds you play a day, WITH XP BOOSTERS, always use xp boosters. We should team up, hangout, and just play it up my man. You sound like a cool guy so we should fireteam someday! I'll help yah get there brother.
Nice, Neurosis for me...
Nice, Neurosis for me...
I hook up my phone to my astro mix amp so I can hear game play but also listen to music, documentary or halo VIDEOS 😎😎
Good luck, brother.
Im down to play some games together whenever i get on. I like teaming up with good players so games go by quicker. Add me ShortFRYv2, and we can always do some firefights together.
I'm gonna be going for 152 myself. Just dumped all my REQs to buy warzone xp boosts. Yeah it's obviously a ploy by 343 to get the servers for Halo 5 alive again, but I'm curious and a sucker so I guess it worked. Best of luck to you my dude.
I haven’t played in a long time but was just thinking about making the grind myself. I’m a few points shy of SR 82, but in doing the math it took me just over 6 days of playtime to get there, so I’d have to play for another 140 days to get to the 50 million if I earn at the same rate as when the game was released. The million dollar question becomes have they changed the xp payout since launch to give more? I know I have xp boosts to use, but I remember them not having much if any impact way back when.
Yeah so what I have found was that investing in the XP packs when 343 offers them is huge. I spent a bit on them tbh, and got plenty of legendary boosts. I am almost out from my grind this last weekend since I had a 4 day weekend. In firefight you can expect about 15 to 16 thousand per game with a legendary boost. When you only use a common boost you will get about 6 to 7 thousand out of each game. The games will never be longer than 25 minutes but on average for me they are 16 minutes.
So if we were to be generous with the xp payout then you would be earning about 30,000 an hour without boosts with a lot of variation because life be how it be.
Yeah so what I have found was that investing in the XP packs when 343 offers them is huge. I spent a bit on them tbh, and got plenty of legendary boosts. I am almost out from my grind this last weekend since I had a 4 day weekend. In firefight you can expect about 15 to 16 thousand per game with a legendary boost. When you only use a common boost you will get about 6 to 7 thousand out of each game. The games will never be longer than 25 minutes but on average for me they are 16 minutes.
So if we were to be generous with the xp payout then you would be earning about 30,000 an hour without boosts with a lot of variation because life be how it be.
Yeah I did a lot of mythic firefight to level up quick, It's better when you have a few people with you because if you lose, not a big deal but you also don't wanna ruin it for others. Especially if you lose after the 1st round, you don't gain much xp and if you got legendary boosts, you gain a lot in under 7 minutes. Think about getting close to 70k an hour with minimal effort?!
Quote:
Gods must be strong.
Hey all, been wanting to make this post for awhile now. I don't have a reason why aside from keeping myself accountable really. But anyways...

I am grinding hard to SR152. Like, really really hard. I always wanted to be a halo completionist and this is one major thing I gotta do. And my goal is to do it before Halo Infinite releases. Now here is the crazy part, I am only SR105. I have been grinding for about 3 weeks now and made my way from SR29 to here with about 3 million XP gained over 3 weeks. I have set a goal of getting 1 million XP per week over the course of about a year. Why a year?

Well according to my calculations if I continue to earn about 1 million XP per week it will take me 329 days, or about 47 weeks, to hit 50 million XP and that oh so sweet SR152. If I were to round that up to year to account for random things which keep me away from Halo (because I do have a life, I swear), then I estimate about a year. Luckily for me Halo Infinite comes out in a little over a year, because this is not holiday season.

But somehow I have to keep myself motivated to keep doing this. Because every time I read a post online about grinding this out, people say it is too late. That may be true. But I am still gonna try. I am 100% willing to spend countless hours of my life on this simply because I love Halo. And besides, have y'all heard of audiobooks? Amazing. I consider myself to be a lore fanatic but I actually haven't read all the books. I eventually plan to purchase every piece of Halo media, hard cover, but for right now I cannot. But luckily 343 places emphasis on good narrators. Did you know they actually got Tim Dadabo (voice of 343 guilty spark) to read a book? They add music and effects in and everything.

Listening to music, halo books, halo podcasts, or anything really keeps the grind interesting. I have played Halo since I was 4 years old. I think now I can finally expand on my love for the games and doing this grind has proven to make me quite happy and feel accomplished every time I hit that 1 million for the week. Most of my grinding is done on the weekend, since work keeps my week mostly occupied. But regardless, this is a great experience for me personally.

I will keep this post updated on my progress on the grind. Currently heroic firefight and Halo 3 Classic (i hit diamond 1 for one single game. Then back down to platinum RIP) are my favorite grind gametypes. My gamertag is DirtierDan117, SR137 and I am currently at 6,001,630 XP as of 07 July 2019

Is anybody else out there grinding hard for this? Any words of encouragement (or discouragement lol)? Any questions in general or tips for me?
This is a great system, I personally set a goal to get at least 100,000 xp and day although I usually get around 300,000-200,000 xp a day. I completely agree with your opinions on podcasts and halo audiobooks to keep things interesting. I’m currently listening/reading the forerunner trilogy and it keeps me sane playing 8 hours of Halo 5 a day.
Quote:
Gods must be strong.

This is a great system, I personally set a goal to get at least 100,000 xp and day although I usually get around 300,000-200,000 xp a day. I completely agree with your opinions on podcasts and halo audiobooks to keep things interesting. I’m currently listening/reading the forerunner trilogy and it keeps me sane playing 8 hours of Halo 5 a day.
Oh man you're a quarter of the way past 150, you got this!
Good luck mate! I'll follow this Topic so make sure you keep us all updated with your progress :D
I'm also in the grind. 2-3 years ago, I made it to 144. Then I kinda fell off Halo for other things and ended up not playing it again until last month. Literally 2 years off. Now I'm back, with my sights on 152.

Currently at 146, about 150k short of 147
Quote:
Gods must be strong.

keep grinding.....i took almost a year off of this game out of frustration with connectivity issues, and i was at like 145. Now that im back i wanted to cap out before infinite...then i looked at the numbers i still need and it was almost enough to make me forget it, but then i realized, i should prolly go ahead and start grinding now and working on my game anyway, cause i need to be in top form for infinite. im at 148 now, slow but steady, and hopefully i can get it there before next year. good luck brotha, i believe in you
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2