The lies are real...

OP Weeb69Hunter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
I'm forced to play a generic, one-dimensional marine for most of the campaign?

oh u mean like master chief was back in halo 1,2,3

also rookie and noble 6

give me a break

master chief stopped being generic at 4
Locke has had one game give him a break
So you wanted to play as someone who was sad and crying all the time in Halo 1-Reach. Please, you clearly don't get it.
Those characters were never given many lines (if any) for a reason. The purpose was to make it feel like you were the character in the game, but making them talk a little in cutscenes to avoid awkward silences you might get with a mute character (barring the Rookie).

One the topic of lies, calling the guardians unstoppable is also going to be a lie, I am calling it right now. They, Cortana, Warden Eternal, (and the Didact) will be stopped in "halo" 6 and everyone will live happily ever after. Calling them unstoppable doesn't inheritenly make them scary either, plus it sounds extremely cleché and cheasy, especially when they do get stopped.

also rookie and noble 6

give me a break

Master Chief being "generic" was what made him the great centerpiece for Halo that he... apparently... was. We never saw his face and this, for many gamers became our way of embracing him. Many gamers felt a connection to him on a personal level because his anonymity allowed them to step into his boots and his role and become him.

Years ago, during the age of H2, the very... very skilled players were often referred to with comments like "[insert GT here] is the Master Chief" I can even remember one GT, called (I believe) HebrewHammer. Many Halo players said that about him because he was that good. There was an aura of mystery in that aspect and people could relate to it.

BTW, being the strong, silent type doesn't make you "generic" if you know what to say and when to say it.

Master Chief didn't stop being "generic" at 4, his character began to change as a result of the story's plot. Yet another thing that IMO, helped to contribute to H5's campaign falling flat. Just as we started to get a bit of a feel for how his character may evolve and wonder how Cortana's [non] death would affect him... a very intriguing idea if you ask me... we get "Oh... yeah, sorry. You can just forget about the Chief and focus on this new guy. We'll throw in a few mercy missions for you since we know you kinda liked him."

Is it any wonder people who dislike Locke do so with such fervor? It's like Chief got thrown under the bus... for a flipping MP.

After Halo: CE, I admit... I wasn't completely sure how I felt about Chief. But I found him intriguing and there wasn't really much that I disliked about him, considering what little I knew. That's after "he had one game".

Locke came out of the gate with an aura of brashness and arrogance ("Every target is just another target.") and despite his good qualities that displayed later on, he never overcame his first impression for me.

In short, there was a time when Chief had "had one game" as well. Sorry Locke, but it's a fail.
okay understandable but the point still stands these characters just followed orders don't question them like every other generic solider halo 1 chief is excused but not the rest

u all are expressing what the character is to u please understand this is the point I was making this isn't about how they are to u but rather saying someone is generic and complaining about said character and yet u been playing as one for most of halo :/
I'm basically calling someone out for "sounding" hypocritical and I'm getting jumped as If I was wearing a team Locke t-shirt. Hell team buck is where its at

also rookie and noble 6

give me a break

So you wanted to play as someone who was sad and crying all the time in Halo 1-Reach. Please, you clearly don't get it.
Those characters were never given many lines (if any) for a reason. The purpose was to make it feel like you were the character in the game, but making them talk a little in cutscenes to avoid awkward silences you might get with a mute character (barring the Rookie).

One the topic of lies, calling the guardians unstoppable is also going to be a lie, I am calling it right now. They, Cortana, Warden Eternal, (and the Didact) will be stopped in "halo" 6 and everyone will live happily ever after. Calling them unstoppable doesn't inheritenly make them scary either, plus it sounds extremely cleché and cheasy, especially when they do get stopped.
someone needs to stop being a fan boy and see I'm calling someone out for being a hypocrite
okay understandable but the point still stands these characters just followed orders don't question them like every other generic solider halo 1 chief is excused but not the rest

u all are expressing what the character is to u please understand this is the point I was making this isn't about how they are to u but rather saying someone is generic and complaining about said character and yet u been playing as one for most of halo :/
I'm basically calling someone out for "sounding" hypocritical and I'm getting jumped as If I was wearing a team Locke t-shirt. Hell team buck is where its at
While I understand what you're tying to say, I can't agree. We're playing a game as military personnel. It's the job of any person we've played Halo as, to "just follow orders" so how I feel about different characters isn't distinguishable by that aspect. Also, one does not go AWOL by just following orders.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I can agree with team Buck being where it's at.

While I understand what you're tying to say, I can't agree. We're playing a game as military personnel. It's the job of any person we've played Halo as, to "just follow orders" so how I feel about different characters isn't distinguishable by that aspect. Also, one does not go AWOL by just following orders.
again taking about 1-3 chief 4-5, forward on to dawn and memories of reach That chief isn't generic
Guys I don't know who you guys are, but if you know how to get this request in please do or help me figure out how. I really want Big Team SWAT. That would be so amazing. If anyone knows how to get a request in please tell me.
Guys I don't know who you guys are, but if you know how to get this request in please do or help me figure out how. I really want Big Team SWAT. That would be so amazing. If anyone knows how to get a request in please tell me.
What do you mean? Like in custom games or mm?
I'd galdly like to know how to get this into an actual playlist setting.
thus
I'd galdly like to know how to get this into an actual playlist setting.
thus allowing for it to be in customs as well, cuz every game ever put into the playlist, is put into customs
Quote:
Locke came out of the gate with an aura of brashness and arrogance ("Every target is just another target.") and despite his good qualities that displayed later on, he never overcame his first impression for me.
Yes, because that line couldn't be interpreted as Locke trying to get himself mentally prepared to track down an individual he obviously respects and helped to inspire him to be a Spartan, you know like he tells Buck soon after that line?

But you know, considering how offended people are that Palmer made a joke about Chief's height that clearly didn't offend him and given her smile wasn't even meant to be rude, I'm not surprised people still think Locke was some arrogant -Yoink- high on his own piss. ANY slight, even if it is imagined, against Chief by fans seems to just prohibit any alternate ways of thinking or just thinking any harder than rushing to judgement.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10