1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
Cyro XVX wrote:
Okay, admittedly the marketing strategy for Halo 5 was misleading, but overall why can't we all just agree that the game is a good game, even though it lacks content, and other things? It's still fun to play, you're still coming back to the forums, you're still playing it. Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
People said Halo 5 would be far better than Halo 4 and would be the redemption of the Halo franchise.

Being grateful does not apply to a product buy. Granted no one is forcing you to buy a Halo game but you should not have to be greatful just because it exists. If you ask me i would prefer Halo to go out on a high point and be well remembered and well liked then have it slowly become a game people stop playing and liking.

Also why should we have faith in Halo 6 after Halo 4, Halo MCC and Halo 5? At this point shouldn't we be more skeptical?
Cyro XVX wrote:
Okay, admittedly the marketing strategy for Halo 5 was misleading, but overall why can't we all just agree that the game is a good game, even though it lacks content, and other things? It's still fun to play, you're still coming back to the forums, you're still playing it. Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
People said Halo 5 would be far better than Halo 4 and would be the redemption of the Halo franchise.

Being grateful does not apply to a product buy. Granted no one is forcing you to buy a Halo game but you should not have to be greatful just because it exists. If you ask me i would prefer Halo to go out on a high point and be well remembered and well liked then have it slowly become a game people stop playing and liking.

Also why should we have faith in Halo 6 after Halo 4, Halo MCC and Halo 5? At this point shouldn't we be more skeptical?
And it is better than Halo 4, in almost every way. People were leaving Halo 4 in buckets. Basically every major thing about Halo 4's multiplayer has been undone.

This line was repeated for Halo X to Halo X+1 since Halo 3 was announced.
Not sure why Breakout is being heralded as a new gametype. Pretty sure you could have made it in custom games. Make it round based neutral flag with no respawn?

As for the rest, technically they weren't wrong with that line. A lot of the rest of the marketing was definitely off but not so much that.
Not sure why Breakout is being heralded as a new gametype. Pretty sure you could have made it in custom games. Make it round based neutral flag with no respawn?

As for the rest, technically they weren't wrong with that line. A lot of the rest of the marketing was definitely off but not so much that.
What would be another one, if it's not Breakout? Warzone Assault?
Justima wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Breakout. Maybe assault though. Good thinking.
I'm still skeptical Blue Team had as much dialogue in Halo 5 as they did in every one of their other Halo media combined. Not from scripted dialogue by a country mile.
Justima wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Breakout. Maybe assault though. Good thinking.
Warzone assault is just a trimmed down form of invasion. One sided gameplay, branching objectives. The KOTH section was replaced by Take over the base. Assault was only on one invasion map. And instead of CTF you play blow up the pillar at the end. It's essentially an invasion variant.
Just reading this line makes me cringe
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
By the end of the campaign they most definitely have not stopped Cortana (and her army of created and Guardians). If anything, she's just getting started.

The Master Chief goes MIA and team Osiris have to track him down.

Warzone and Breakout are two new multiplayer modes.

Am I missing something here?
I think when they said "epic story" and "greatest evolution in Halo history", people expected a little more. Just a little.
I wouldn't call it lies. I would call it MAJOR rewrites and a bad case of rushed development.
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
Cringe is an understatement. It makes me sick seeing these lies 343i spews out. I can't believe I thought the campaign would be amazing knowing how 343i handled their last two games.
I wouldn't call it lies. I would call it MAJOR rewrites and a bad case of rushed development.
Maybe they shouldn't overhype the campaign to the extreme if they didn't get halfway done with their campaign. Remember all the talk of Hunt the Truth and discussion of the darkest campaign to date?
These guys so knew what they were doing, like how they knew how unstable the MCC was before release.
Quote:
The guardians do appear unstoppable. The chief spends most of the game out of contact with the unsc with them searching for him. Breakout and Warzone are the two new modes. Actually it isn't a bad description. I get where you are coming from. I still have quite a few issues with H5; missing game modes and playlists, awful story, etc. That description is apt.
We didn't see the Guardians do anything except cause some quakes. They don't try turning them off or whatever. And Locke as well as UNSC knew fully well what Chief was up to. They were just following him.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Maybe they shouldn't overhype the campaign to the extreme if they didn't get halfway done with their campaign. Remember all the talk of Hunt the Truth and discussion of the darkest campaign to date?
These guys so knew what they were doing, like how they knew how unstable the MCC was before release.
I think we overhyped the game. I mean the marketing team was only doing their job. From what I know it's Microsoft that does the marketing and 343 and MS communication wasn't the best and from what know it was a really last minute rewrite.
Ha. Yeah. Halo 5's marketing was almost as confounding as its story. For the record, I play way more Halo 5 than I played of Halo 4 or Halo: Reach. Halo 5 truly does have the smoothest, funnest Halo-est multiplayer and core gameplay for many a year. I maintain, though, that Halo 4 had the best story of any Halo game. So now we have Halo 4, with the best story, and Halo 5, with the best gameplay. My hope is that Halo 6 will combine these.
I still think about what I thought Halo 5 was gonna be about, and why, and the many things Halo 5 does not incorporate that it should have. And by "should have," I am including the marketing, which 100% aligned with my expectations for the plot of Halo 5, minus the giant robo cops.
I'm still skeptical Blue Team had as much dialogue in Halo 5 as they did in every one of their other Halo media combined. Not from scripted dialogue by a country mile.
Whoa whoa whoa. Did someone say that? That's just absurd. Even if you count throw-away lines like "there's a vent over here" or "watch out; jackals" that you don't pay attention to while you run through said vent and shoot said jackals, just... Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, the Package, Glasslands, Escalation, Last Light... we've seen a lot of Blue Team.
Who cares, Halo is clearly going to the online-only, including a lot of microtransactions, direction and 343i have no interest of supporting or updating this lame and unfinished story mode. Also current gen players are defending it cause they don't know any better, and how can they when MCC was so broken.
Who cares, Halo is clearly going to the online-only, including a lot of microtransactions, direction and 343i have no interest of supporting or updating this lame and unfinished story mode. Also current gen players are defending it cause they don't know any better, and how can they when MCC was so broken.
Call me crazy, but maybe people just like the game?
Let's all be honest, Halo 5 was an amazing disappointment story wise. Halo 4 was better.
Let's all be honest, Halo 5 was an amazing disappointment story wise. Halo 4 was better.
That's weird, the exact opposite was said when Halo 4 was the big game.
Cyro XVX wrote:

No we can't because although the game has great gun play , the movement mechanics break any map flow or logical map design. The game is continuing , but from a spin off iteration. Reach was a prequel and was not meant to influence the future of Halo.
Call me crazy, but maybe people just like the game?
Maybe I am the crazy one, because i fail to see why people like this game so much and hate Halo 4. Instead of load-outs, you get REQs, which still makes the game unbalanced. Sure, there is Arena, but it is just a corridor shooter and I avoid those like a plague. BTB is missing vehicles and is very limited in space also. WZFF is the thing i dislike about PvE, bullet sponges. Give me 100 enemies at one time that can die from one shot instead of 5 enemies that require 2000 bullets to kill. I don't own this game nor do i plan on getting it because of this and the lame campaign. The only reason I came here was to hope that there would be some sort of campaign update that will make me want to buy this and deliver what was promised, but 343i said they will not be doing a campaign update. There basically they are like, "if you are a lore fan, go read our next comic book to find out what is happening". The hypocrisy is there, I just don't understand why people don't see it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10