3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
"The darkest Halo story yet"

Only cause the guardians fried the lights on Earth
To be fair, the Beta was really dark it was hard to see anything.
Who cares, Halo is clearly going to the online-only, including a lot of microtransactions, direction and 343i have no interest of supporting or updating this lame and unfinished story mode. Also current gen players are defending it cause they don't know any better, and how can they when MCC was so broken.
Call me crazy, but maybe people just like the game?
Maybe I am the crazy one, because i fail to see why people like this game so much and hate Halo 4. Instead of load-outs, you get REQs, which still makes the game unbalanced. Sure, there is Arena, but it is just a corridor shooter and I avoid those like a plague. BTB is missing vehicles and is very limited in space also. WZFF is the thing i dislike about PvE, bullet sponges. Give me 100 enemies at one time that can die from one shot instead of 5 enemies that require 2000 bullets to kill. I don't own this game nor do i plan on getting it because of this and the lame campaign. The only reason I came here was to hope that there would be some sort of campaign update that will make me want to buy this and deliver what was promised, but 343i said they will not be doing a campaign update. There basically they are like, "if you are a lore fan, go read our next comic book to find out what is happening". The hypocrisy is there, I just don't understand why people don't see it.
Halo 4's Loadout system was spread to all of Halo 4's Multiplayer, from Spartan Ops to Multiplayer. It completely ruined the core of Halo being equal starts, because you could just choose to spawn with a BR and DMR if you wanted, or a Plasma Pistol and Carbine, or a literal Pocket Shotgun that took months to fix. Not to mention things like Ordinance completely ruining map control, with Armor Abilities on top of it.Halo 5's REQs only extend to Warzone and FF. Arena has equal starts and no one has an inherent advantage because they have the right loadout.

Halo 5's BTB is bad, Halo 4's BTB is bad for different reasons. Vehicles were near useless because everyone can spawn with a Plasma Pistol with Plasma Grenades, along with everything else by just getting enough score to call in an Ordinance drop right to you. At least Warzone tries to limit you with REQs to prevent you from endlessly calling things.

Firefight needs to be changed, no arguments here. But don't forget that Spartan Ops was met with just as much flames, due to the barely coherent story, the linear levels, reusing maps multiple times, and the fact there's no punishment for dying. They can throw a hundred Elites all spamming Fuel Rods at you, and you'll eventually make it through because you come back and they don't.
Just reading this line makes me cringe
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
I don't know man.. sounds spot on. Doesn't sound like a lie.

The guardians? Unstoppable, ya. At this point. Maybe in H6 we'll stop em. But for now, unstoppable works.

MC went AWOL. They're not gonna give away the story and intrigue, he legitimately went "missing", UNSC didn't know where he was at. They eventually tracked him down, but 343's not gonna give away story details in a "headline" for the game before it comes out.

2 game modes are Arena and Warzone.
Justima wrote:
An unstoppable 343's lies threatens the Halo, and Master Chief is missing in the game. An mediocre story and two new multiplayer modes Warzone and Breakout mark the back step in Halo history.
lol
Cyro XVX wrote:
Okay, admittedly the marketing strategy for Halo 5 was misleading, but overall why can't we all just agree that the game is a good game, even though it lacks content, and other things? It's still fun to play, you're still coming back to the forums, you're still playing it. Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
i hope halo 6 has a good campaign
SpitFlame wrote:
Quote:
An unstoppable force threatens the galaxy, and the Master Chief is missing. An epic story and two new multiplayer modes mark the greatest evolution in Halo history.
Im not especially sure how its unstoppable, MC is missing or how there are 2 new gamemodes. But the story is really long.
By the end of the campaign they most definitely have not stopped Cortana (and her army of created and Guardians). If anything, she's just getting started.

The Master Chief goes MIA and team Osiris have to track him down.

Warzone and Breakout are two new multiplayer modes.

Am I missing something here?
I think when they said "epic story" and "greatest evolution in Halo history", people expected a little more. Just a little.
the actual meaning of 'epic' is extremely long book, so i dont think h5 is a book.
Quote:

The guardians? Unstoppable, ya. At this point. Maybe in H6 we'll stop em. But for now, unstoppable works.

MC went AWOL. They're not gonna give away the story and intrigue, he legitimately went "missing", UNSC didn't know where he was at. They eventually tracked him down, but 343's not gonna give away story details in a "headline" for the game before it comes out.

I had a feeling someone would say this...
Arena has always been in Halo. 343i just gave it a new name to separate it from Warsone. If anything, I'd say Breakout is that new mode.
As for your other points, that may be true, but they so exaggerated in its description becashe what we got was underwhelming. Guardians don't do squat in the campaign, only teleport.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Quote:

Arena has always been in Halo. 343i just gave it a new name to separate it from Warsone. If anything, I'd say Breakout is that new mode.
As for your other points, that may be true, but they definitely exaggerated in its description because what we got was underwhelming. Guardians don't do squat in the campaign, only teleport.
Cyro XVX wrote:
Okay, admittedly the marketing strategy for Halo 5 was misleading, but overall why can't we all just agree that the game is a good game, even though it lacks content, and other things? It's still fun to play, you're still coming back to the forums, you're still playing it. Why can't we just stop complaining for once and be grateful that the Halo series is continuing and didn't pass away with Bungie?

Have some faith. I'm sure Halo 6 will be far better. -- I'm still willing to bet we will be seeing more Halo 5 content coming in the months ahead.
That's what people said about Halo 4.
But Halo 4 had an excuse of being their first roll in the hay, and while it was a great singleplayer game in it's own right, the PvP community tore it apart.
Burn me once...
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Quote:

As for your other points, that may be true, but they so exaggerated in its description becashe what we got was underwhelming. Guardians don't do squat in the campaign, only teleport.
couldnt you just fly on a guardian's back and break off its head??? guardians, unstoppable, no. anything can be destroyed, just the power needed differentiates.also its slightly obvious where mc was going. and finally, who thought its a good idea that after 7 years program ai's so they get free thought? Stupid idea for programmers in the halo universe to do that.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
I wouldn't call it lies. I would call it MAJOR rewrites and a bad case of rushed development.
Maybe they shouldn't overhype the campaign to the extreme if they didn't get halfway done with their campaign. Remember all the talk of Hunt the Truth and discussion of the darkest campaign to date?
These guys so knew what they were doing, like how they knew how unstable the MCC was before release.
I think we overhyped the game. I mean the marketing team was only doing their job. From what I know it's Microsoft that does the marketing and 343 and MS communication wasn't the best and from what know it was a really last minute rewrite.
Hunt the Truth: Master Chief is seen killing some people. Is he evil? Why has he gone AWOL???
Answer: He was only finding Cortana, who was brought back from the dead making Halo 4's story meaningless.
Ads: Two sides. Locke pointing a gun at Chief, accusing him of destroying innocents. He's gone AWOL and he needed to be brought down. Chief claims that Locke compromised everything and was too foolish about other vague things. Locke needed to stop getting nosy in Chief's business.
Reality: Locke knew Chief wanted to find Cortana and tried warning him that it wasn't a good idea to look for her. Five minute fistfight over finding Cortana.
343i: Darkest campaign yet. (As someone pointed out, the lights went out in many planets because of the Guardians.)
ONI: Chief has gone rogue. He's insane. Take him down.
Reality: What?!?

BONUS: 343i: Long campaign, about 8-12 hours on Normal.
Really, it wasn't that long at all. Not even close. 6 hours at most, these levels are bit sized.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
I wouldn't call it lies. I would call it MAJOR rewrites and a bad case of rushed development.
Maybe they shouldn't overhype the campaign to the extreme if they didn't get halfway done with their campaign. Remember all the talk of Hunt the Truth and discussion of the darkest campaign to date?
These guys so knew what they were doing, like how they knew how unstable the MCC was before release.
I think we overhyped the game. I mean the marketing team was only doing their job. From what I know it's Microsoft that does the marketing and 343 and MS communication wasn't the best and from what know it was a really last minute rewrite.
Hunt the Truth: Master Chief is seen killing some people. Is he evil? Why has he gone AWOL???
Answer: He was only finding Cortana, who was brought back from the dead making Halo 4's story meaningless.
Ads: Two sides. Locke pointing a gun at Chief, accusing him of destroying innocents. He's gone AWOL and he needed to be brought down. Chief claims that Locke compromised everything and was too foolish about other vague things. Locke needed to stop getting nosy in Chief's business.
Reality: Locke knew Chief wanted to find Cortana and tried warning him that it wasn't a good idea to look for her. Five minute fistfight over finding Cortana.
343i: Darkest campaign yet. (As someone pointed out, the lights went out in many planets because of the Guardians.)
ONI: Chief has gone rogue. He's insane. Take him down.
Reality: What?!?
Perfect!
all the people moaning about the ad campaign being a lie. its a long standing halo tradition just go look at the halo 2 ad campaign that was all lies as well.

to be fair the chief was missing, they failed to stop cortona. warzone (which i like) and breakout are the two game types
Cortana and the Guardians, Fireteam Osiris hunting Blue Team Spartan vs Spartan, Arena and Warzone.
SIERRA XCI wrote:
Cortana and the Guardians, Fireteam Osiris hunting Blue Team Spartan vs Spartan, Arena and Warzone.
ARENA IS NOT A GAMETYPE THAT IS NEW!
- force was not stopped.
- it was a long stir so technically and epic.
- had multiple new game modes that were more than just game modes breakout, warzone, strongholds.
Well, you can say but you want but most people are having a blast in the multiplayer modes of Halo 5.
I'm still sure that the campaign could've been much better. Let's wait and see what 343 makes of Halo 6..
"The darkest Halo story yet"

Only cause the guardians fried the lights on Earth
Yes this was by far one of the biggest lies honestly...
Arbi Viper wrote:
Well, you can say but you want but most people are having a blast in the multiplayer modes of Halo 5.
I'm still sure that the campaign could've been much better. Let's wait and see what 343 makes of Halo 6..
campaign was -yoink- but multiplayer was nailed.
The Created seem unstoppable right now, Masterchief was missing for half the campaign, we had Breakout and Warzone as the 2 new modes, and the Story was epic sometimes (Especially when the Guardians rised)

I dont see any lies there
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10